Janglamember
155 posts

Posted:
Was out in the garden having a burn last night and after about 20 mins decided it was getting too cold to continue so I stepped back inside.Later on, watching TV and the nasty habit of playing with ones nose kicks in. I was a little shocked to see I had black bogeys!!! Presumably from the kero - anyone else noticed this? I get the same when I've been in London for a week.------------------"The tincture of night began to suffuse the soup of the afternoon. He considered the sentence, and found it good. He liked 'tincture' particularly. Tincture. Tincture. It was a distinguished word, and pleasantly countered by the flatness of 'soup'. The soup of the afternoon. Yes. In which may be found the croutons of teatime."[This message has been edited by Jangla (edited 13 November 2001).]

---------------------With a bit of luck, his life was ruined; always thinking that just behind some narrow door, in his favourite bars, men in red woolen suits are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Bwaahaahaahaaa!!! I've been waiting for ages and ages for someone to bring this topic up. I was hoping for more eloquent description, but it's certainly short and to the point. ( grin)Residual soot in the nasal cavaties after a exothermic reaction based pastime is always present when using kero.I tend to have a shower as soon as possible after a performance or busk, and tend to blow my nose a few times, but it does take a day or two sometimes before the effects wear off comppletely...(wow, I got through that with a serious face almost the whole time) grin grin grin grin------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I'm glad it's not just me who gets BBS (black bogey syndrome, it's a recognised medical condition y'know) smile------------------King of all things Walrus

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
lol... I don't get it so much after burning, but I can say that I know when I've been to a good bush party when I'm blowing black crap outta my nose for the next 3 days grin

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

earthdreamermember
116 posts

Posted:
ooohhh, sitting here quiet memories of my last good bush doof!!...three days, campin in the desert and the BBS olymics!!!dusty dusty snot... grin

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I think the amount of crap that comes out of your nose after a doof is directly proportional to the amount of fun you had at said event smile If you arent blowing brown boogers, you havent been participating smileLOL - that reminds me of the guys at RSF last year when the water truck sprayed em down...they were dusty to begin with...and then it ran...and ran...LOL - what a sight! thanks for bring that memory back guys smileJosh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
We have a nice phrase for the eventuality you are describing. We call them Rave Monkeys.It's the one of those post doof pub discussions. Right up there with "what the hell is this black rubbery layer that's coating my clothes?"and"I really fancy another drink but if i don't sleep soon I'm going to cry...."------------------C@ntusWe are old, we are young, we are in this together, vagabonds and children, we're prisoners forever, with pulses raging and eyes full of wonder, Kicking out behind us again.

Meh

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
We all call them plain old "Rave boogies". Mainly cause all our raves are dirty ass fairground raves, anywhere with a lot of dirt chances are that's where the damn rave will be held. Even our venues are dirty enough to give you those boogies bye then end of the night.

Its about talent, not make up or costumes.

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
"rave monkeys", "rave boogers"LMFAO!! - grin grin grinI never even thought of giving them names...Although, I think I'll call them Fire Monkey's from now on, I like the sound of that...hey...and, i could like, call other people Fire Monkey's and they might think its a compliment.Hee hee hee. I'm always open for ways to call people snot and not have them notice...------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
For all those at Earthcore last NYE, the stage in the marketplace was sooo dusty, by the end of the festival it was horrid! Like dancing in a duststorm - I had to wear a mask!That could be a solution - a bandana or similar worn over the face - One of those white face masks that covers the mouth/nose could be good as part of a costume for those performing regularly, along with a big radiation jumpsuit etc...

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut