Forums > Social Chat > The UNofficial home of poi OLDcall...

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Right. (looks all stern and serious for once) Just been reading through the other rollcall thread and getting depressed coz everyone is sooooo young (well not everyone but a big chunk), and this makes me feel inadequate (it's easy to make guys feel inadequate, we just don't admit it unless we're online).I'd like to cheer myself up by starting a HoP OLDCALL, where anyone who's over the age of 25 can copy their details into here off the old rollcall thread.And coz I'm 26, then everyone on here will be the same age as me or older. Wahooooo!!!!!!Name: Charles DolbelSex: MaleAge: 26 (and getting younger)Location: Auckland, New ZealandToys: all fire staffs/double staff, balls, clubs, unicycles (3 so far), diablos, cigar boxes, balloons (yeah i do go on don't I...)Been twirling for: about 1.5 yearsOccupation: Entertainer (and day job = marketing)Hobbies other than obvious: Poetry readings, english tuition, chess, tennis, badminton, off-road unicycling, skydiving etc.Favourite Colour: Red Most viewed Movie: Aliens or Ace Ventura - Pet Detective.Favourite Quote/Saying: "I like dogs, dogs are my favourite people."Best twirling related moment in life so far: I did a few minutes of busking before a performance by another group (many of whom are much better than me and been doing fire for years more) and during their performance the audience asked me if I was their teacher!LMAO, told them I wasn't, that they were heaps better than me, but the crowd didnt believe me! *** For performances in NZ, contact is 021 440 452 or newdolbel@hotmail.com***------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
poor charles...------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Gee i wonder how else we could segregate the board ...old/young, poi/staff ...

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

CharlesBRONZE Member
3,989 posts

Posted:
Or maybe I'll just leave this here for all the young ones to take pity on me... wink------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
okay Frenzie. if you insist. we'll split the board futher into bitch/non-bitchguess which one you're in winkbwahahhaaahahaaa!*flash leaps over to frenzie and gives her a bear hug*

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Ill meet u there flash *grin*

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
OK, fine Charles, I'll humor you. In fact, I'll even humour you.Name: Adam RiceSex: MAge: 35 (36 Real Soon Now)Location Austin TX USAApparatus: only poi, though have been practicing w/ staff.Job: freelance translator. I've been doing this since 1989. Some of you young'uns probably still had training wheels on your bike then.Side of body with most scars: leftGray hairs: a few, mostly in beard (which I keep shaved, more or less).Twirling since: Jan 2001.Yeah, I'm getting older, but that's not necessarily a bad thing: with age comes experience, and with experience has come a deeper view of the world. And in some ways I feel I've gotten younger. It's easier for me to go out and have a good time.{later}Oh yeah, I just remembered a recent age-related incident that makes me laugh. I was buying a sixpack of beer at the grocery store, and the cashier (who was about college age) looked at me funny and asked "are you 21?" I laughed and asked "what do you think?". She answered "I don't know, I can't tell." "I'm 35."She let me buy the beer without showing ID.Could I pick up a 21-year-old? I don't know (I doubt it, I have enough trouble with women my own age), but I'd never try.[This message has been edited by adamrice (edited 13 November 2001).]

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

Maelstrommember
135 posts

Posted:
Name: Kurt HeubeckSex: MaleAge: 29Location: Akron, OhioToys'n Such: Fire Poi, Fire Balls, Torches, Unicycle, Flameing Diablo, Breathing Fire, Eating Fire, and alot of other stuff to help pass the time in Ohio.Been Twiring For: 1 year, I got my first set of juggling torches at 14 as a birthday present. Thank you Mom and Dad. grinOccupation: Industrial Designer/ Enviromental DesignerMy hobby is my life!Best twirling monent in life so far was this letter of recomondation I recieved after a Halloween Gig:Far and away, the highlight of our Halloween show was the fire performance by Kurt Huebeck and John Mitchell (aka Knagi). The best word to describe the performance: breathtaking. Kurt, in particular, had a special flare (no pun intended) for the dramatic that made him a natural in front of the audience. The crowd was in awe, as was I, as we watched the two masterfully twirl the fire around and around in what seemed to be an increasingly complex series of patterns. The show progressed as the pair dared to eat fire, which excited the crowd even more. Outside of the venue (the ceilings were too low to do this on the inside), the two dazzled all that were watching with fireball after fireball. I had never seen anyone breathe fire before, except on TV, but that pailed in comparison to seeing it up close and personal. Dealing with Kurt Huebeck was nothing but pleasant. He was professional at all times, and adhered to strict safety measures throughout his performance, which was something I was concerned with when I was booking him. However, he came prepared for any possible problem that might have occurred, and then took the necessary steps to make sure they didn't occur.The two put on an incredible performance, delivering more than I expected, and making my show something that will be talked about for a long while to come. All in all, I was extraordinarily glad that I found them, and that I booked them.Kris FieldsCP EntertainmentThe letter gave me a nice feeling. As far as getting older (thinks breifly) Most people live to be at least 60. Next year I will be halfway there. That means there's another life time ahead of me, and this time I'm starting out already knowing how to walk, talk, and swing FIRE. Who said life isn't fair! grin------------------Nothing good ever comes from hanging out with "normal" people.

Nothing good ever comes from hanging out with normal people.

saffiremember
27 posts

Posted:
OK. I'm an "oldie" too!! The "Bitch" label also suits me pretty well! winkName: Tania.Sex: Female.Age: 28.Been Twirling for 1 year.Toys: Staff, Poi and Double-Headed Poi.Favourite Colour: PURPLE!!!!!Location: North Queensland. Great Weather, Great Beaches, but not many twirlers! frownHobbies: Bellydance, Dreamcatchers,Circus Stuff and FIRE FIRE FIRE!!!Favourite Movie: "The Lost Boys" watched it 98 times!Best Twirling Moment: Did a bellydance/fireshow for Halloween!! Fabulous!! Hoping for many more fun nights of Fire!

DONT PANIC
Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

DmAlterEgo
128 posts

Posted:
Charles, I'm with you! The old(er) shall rise up! All these nasty young upstarts with their quicker learning skills and students lifestyles full of empty time to practice in! When I were young...Name: Dominic (Dom)Sex: MaleAge: 26Star-sign: LibraLocation: London, UKURL: https://www.alternativa.co.uk/poi/Toys:
various Poi, various Fire Poi, StaffBeen twirling since: June 2001Occupation: new media whoreHobbies other than obvious: Reading, relaxing, partying, dancing, music, sleeping, experiencing lifeFavourite Books at the moment: The Magus, John Fowles and The Sparrow, Mary Doria RussellBest twirling related moment in life so far:Sober: My first spin with fire winkOtherwise: Spinning at dawn up the Ramblas in Barcalona, after an amazing night, on acid, with the Poi helping to form organic Gaudi-esque shapes in my mind. Wow!And a new point-Worst age-crisis moment: Realising that there are 'young adults' out there born in the 1980s!

We're nothing but the nerds they think we are

mikeybmember
93 posts

Posted:
NAME: Mikey BEMAIL: twirly@kittensdirect.comSEX: MAGE: 33 for another month then 34LOCATION: Oxford, UKTOYS; fire poi (single loop, chain, tube wick), fyrefly poi, often with glowsticks clipped to the cables, other assorted poiHOW LONG: a yearOCCUPATION: software engineerHOBBIES: twirling, t'ai chi, motorcycling, walking, guitar, readingFAVORITE COLOR: greenMOST VIEWED MOVIE: Dr StrangeloveFAVORITE BOOK: The Old Man and the SeaMEMORABLE SPIN: New Year with friends in the snow.FAVORITE QUOTE: the Tao that can be named is not the eternal Tao GREY HAIRS: No grey, but a few white ones.The nice thing about ageing is losing the idea that you have to be seen as 'grown up' so you can get more and more kiddy as time goes on.

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
The "over 25" club ???? Finally a club I can join !!! And they can never kick me out cause i'm not gonna get any younger , am I ?Segregation, that's right, Frenzie ! I am for it 100 % And the first clear disctinction would be ...Marmite/Vegemite eaters versus normal people winkOh ! and grey hair , yep ! quite a few actually...Shine onCassandra[This message has been edited by cassandra (edited 13 November 2001).]

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

flaming_madmember
34 posts

Posted:
Can I be in your club Charles?Name: Darcy JohnsonAge: 26Sex: F Location: Oregon, USAToys: poi(fire/beaming/glowstick), fire whips, and just starting staff.I've been twirling for about a year.Favorite color: purple

Ignis Devocomember
67 posts

Posted:
NAME: Donia LoveEMAIL: donia@ignisdevoco.comSEX: fAGE: 27LOCATION: Seattle, WATOYS; fire poi, fire staff, fire fans, blowing, eating, transfer, batons, clubs, long sticks, ropes,double staff, flaming costumes, small pyro...fire, fire fire fire fire fire HOW LONG: 3 yearsOCCUPATION: Fire ArtistHOBBIES: !?!?! No time for Hobbies...rehersal twice a week teach fire class twice a week...FAVORITE COLOR: bleack, redMOST VIEWED MOVIE: Sling bladeFAVORITE BOOK: WeaveworldMEMORABLE SPIN: Every single timeFAVORITE QUOTE: "WHere there is sorrow, I seek the flame." RumiGREY HAIRS: not yet

SteelWngsBRONZE Member
169 posts

Posted:
Name: Peter BonnaSex: MaleAge: 33 (That is my physical Age) remember that you’re only as old as the people you can pick up. JLocation: Malden, Massachusetts U.S.AToys: All Poi things. Just ordered torches …can’t wait.Been twirling for: Approximately 6 monthsOccupation: Customer Service / Tech SupportHobbies other than obvious: Medieval reenactment, Role-playing games (not just the kid type either), Electronic music, Juggling.Favorite Color: Royal PurpleMost viewed Movie: Blazing Saddles – Mel Brooks.Favorite Quote/Saying: "Why would I want to do that? It sounds like work."Best twirling related moment in life so far: Going out to a party where a drunk jerk who constantly heckled “Heck, I can do that. That’s easy.” Then he picked up my practice poi set and preceded to smack himself very hard in the “pills”. J Then his friends asked if I could teach them.------------------Blessings to all, Peter "In motion, move like a thundering wave. When still, be like a mountain.Rising up, be like a monkey. Land swiftly and lightly like a bird. Be steadylike a rooster on one leg. One's stance is as firm as a pine tree, yetexpresses motion. Spin swiftly and circularly like a wheel. Bend and flexlike a bow. Waft gracefully like a leaf in the wind. Sink like a heavy pieceof metal. Prey like a watchful, gliding eagle. Accelerate like a gusty wind." Wushu Proverb

Blessings to all,
Peter
When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon ...you just have to outrun the halfling.

CharlesBRONZE Member
3,989 posts

Posted:
Gee...I was half expecting to lose my moderator status over this one, but it looks like I've filled a need out there, and I am suddenly surrounded by bright, vibrant, creative Grey Power members.(well, I guess I was surrounded by you guys before, but just hadn't noticed coz we all look half our age wink)Didn't mean this to be 'club' as such, but of course, if that's what the wise want, that's what the wise get.Come on Wiseys (is that a word?)Sign up today, to join Club Grey! (well, no grey hairs for me, but it's definitely a lot thinner than it used to be) grin wink tongue------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
NAME: NYCEMAIL: nycfromhop@aol.comSEX: mAGE: 28LOCATION: NYCTOYS; fire poiHOW LONG: 6 months?OCCUPATION: HS Chem TeacherHOBBIES: Oh you mean the stuff I used to do before I found fire? Swing dancing, games (all kinds,) harmonica, dodging falling airplanes. frownFAVORITE COLOR: Depends on what but a nice deep purple is always coolFAVORITE BOOK: I remember books, those were those things I used to read in high school. Ha! That brings back memories...MEMORABLE SPIN: On my block.FAVORITE QUOTE: Depends on the moment.GREY HAIRS: I was born with some grey hairs, I have a few more now but don't mind em at all.FAVORITE OLD SKOOL RAPPER DUO: Slick Rick an Dougie FreshFAVORITE NEW SKOOL RAPPER DUO: Emenem and DreSPREAD OF CHOICE: Peanut butter and Nutella.TIME I GO TO BED ON A SCHOOL NIGHT: 9:30 smileFAVORITE 80's SHOW: The A-TeamFAVORITE 80'S BAND: Depeche ModeFAVORITE 80's FASHION: Black Plastic Bracelets.FAVORITE 80's KEYCHAIN: That bendable snake thingie with the triangles.LEAST FAVORITE 80's FOOTBALL TEAM: Those damn 49ers.PREPACKAGED ICE CREAM OF CHOICE: Ben and Jerry's "Phish food"RENT OR OWN? rent, 1 bedroom, $1100/monthCAR: Beat up 90 Honda accord which I love# of times arrested: 0LEAST FAVORITE VEGETABLE: CucumberFAVORITE MOVIE: To many, depends on the genre.SPOUSES: 0CHILDREN: 0KIDS: 120 a day (my students)HIGHEST LEVEL OF EDUCATION: M. Ed. UCLAHIGHEST LEVEL OF NINTENDO GOLDEN EYE: Double OTHING I SHOULD BE DOING RIGHT NOW: Cleaning my appartment.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Hi Charles, you young whipper-snapper, take it easy with this age stuff because you are starting to give me a complex wink. Its ok though, because I prefer people know how old I am, and honestly I'm enjoying life a lot more now than I did a few years ago. I have always loved twirling (like, I could always twirl my tennis racquet a lot better than I could play tennis), but its just recently that I discovered an outlet this childhood fixation. Yeah, and cause the clock stops for no one, and we keep evolving, I have had to do a mini update on my bio:Name: Stone (Francis)Sex: MaleAge: 45 Location: The Wimmera, Victoria, AustraliaToys: Single/double staff, Poi, Indian clubs, plus a bit of 3,4 ball and contact juggling. Twirling since April 2001, and I've just got the 5 beat weave (slow but sure)Occupation: AgronomistHobbies: Motor bikes, tennis, fantasy novels, snow skiing; bush doofing, dancing and drummingStars: Typical Virgo. Born with the Sun in Virgo and the Moon in AriesFav. Colour: Green. Fav movies: Barbett's Feast (Sp), Death in Brunswick, The Red Shoes and The MatrixFav. moments: Watching my hands weave in the moonlight. New quote: It's more about attitude, than age. Go hard Charles smile

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

melissaBRONZE Member
156 posts

Posted:
hey nyc, do any of your students swing poi? if so i bet they'd really like some of the chem salt lessons you might teach. i can still remember back in the day when i did high school chem, the only lesson i remember was the colored flame experiment where my teacher talked about building rockets and fire works. to demonstrate she burned some magnesium and the kids got to burn things like copper and stontium (did i spell that right?...) i loved that lab, i got to burn things and make pretty colors... smile ahhh the influence that teachers have on the development of young pyros...hee hee... that's cool that you got into teaching. i'm not yet in the ranks of grey haired senior poi swingers but i'm getting closer. actually in a couple years i'm going to be shooting for teaching endorsements in both art and biology. i'll probally end up going to evergreen from a masters in education but i need to do some more research on schools that match my philosophy towards education. -melissa

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
NAME: Pele aka Lynnie aka Maggie
EMAIL: spiderblade@yahoo.com,
SEX: f
TOYS; fire poi, staff, fans, rope, whip, umbrella (balancing apparatus), Contact juggling, eating, breathing, etc..... If it can be set aflame I am working on it.
HOW LONG: not long enough (sometime over a year and more )
OCCUPATION: Performer, Occassional Theater Coach and Director, and Writer
HOBBIES: games (all kinds), reading, art, movies, music, dancing, they just keep going.
FAVORITE COLOR: Green, Blue, Burgundy
FAVORITE BOOK: Too many to list (Though Lordof the Rings Trilogy is high up there, as are some Anne Rice selections), Shel Silverstein Books
MEMORABLE SPIN: I can officially no longer choose. So many have been so amazing for me!
FAVORITE QUOTE: I have a book full of them, my current one is "Dare to Suck!"
GREY HAIRS: No thank you.
FAVORITE OLD SKOOL RAPPER DUO: DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince
FAVORITE NEW SKOOL RAPPER DUO: They still come in duo's????
SPREAD OF CHOICE: Port Wine Cheese
TIME I GO TO BED ON A SCHOOL NIGHT: When my eyes close without my brains permission. (Usually well after midnight)
FAVORITE 80's SHOW: Kidd Video, The Other Side
FAVORITE 80'S BAND: I have to pick????? No Fair!!!! Bon Jovi, Duran Duran, Motley Crew, Queensryche, PM Dawn
FAVORITE 80's FASHION: Lace Gloves, Big Hair
FAVORITE 80's KEYCHAIN: Rubics Cube
LEAST FAVORITE 80's FOOTBALL TEAM: Always and Forever, the Bills (shhhhh, don't tell my Dad since I live in Bill country!)
PREPACKAGED ICE CREAM OF CHOICE: Ben and Jerry's "Chunky Monkey"
RENT OR OWN? rent to own, 4 bedroom, 2 bath house, $650/month ( tongue NYC!)
CAR: My fabulous silver, 4 door Chevy Malibu (family car) decked out with flame themed accessories! and a beanie baby for each type of pet I have had in the past three years.
# of times arrested: 0
LEAST FAVORITE VEGETABLE: Radish, Beets....
FAVORITE MOVIE: Too many to pick.
SPOUSES: 0, but one fantastic Whipping Boy!
CHILDREN: `1, 7 year old son named Noah, who is going to kick my ass in spinning in a couple years!
HIGHEST LEVEL OF EDUCATION: Certificates in Theater Art Improv, Stage Fighting, Costume and Make-up Design, Degrees in Literature, Theater, Creative Writing, Education
HIGHEST LEVEL OF NINTENDO GOLDEN EYE: Huh? C'mon we're old enough to Remember Atari!!!!
THING I SHOULD BE DOING RIGHT NOW: Working on my character for the Dickens show I am doing, learning my christmas carols, working on my fire show for faire, writing my articles for borderwalker....

*edit only to remove useless email addy*

[ 03. May 2003, 08:43: Message edited by: Pele ]

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

kmactanemember
97 posts

Posted:
I'm over 25 as well. Rather than copy-and-paste from the original roll-call, I'll just throw in some questions (and answers) that demonstrate my geezerhood...Name: Kai MacTaneAge: 33Email: kai (at) mythic-fire.comTroupe and Site: Mythic Fire, at https://www.mythic-fire.com
.Toys: Poi, fire-breathing. Occasionally glowsticks, but I tend to whack myself with them too much.Been Spinning Since: January 2001Occupation: Internet Consultant. (I.e., I'm practically out of work, picking up an occasional few billable hours here and there. Need to hire someone to run a Unix Web server, or write some Perl scripts? cool )Grey Hairs: A few, on my scalp and in my chest hair.Where was I... ...when Kennedy Died: Not born yet....when the Space Shuttle Exploded: On my way to a high school final exam. Someone yelled "Hey, the Space Shuttle just blew up!" I thought it was some weird joke. It wasn't until after I got out of the exam and saw the news that I realized it was real....when the Berlin Wall Came Down: Curiously, I don't recall. I would have been in college then, so maybe I was partying too hard? blushEarliest Political/Historical Memory: I very vaguely remember my parents jubilating about Nixon's resignation. The Iranian Hostage Crisis is a clearer memory.Cool Stuff About Being Old: Every year gives me a little more perspective on things. (I'd say "not getting carded", but I do still get carded from time to time -- and I don't mind!)Crappy Stuff About Being Old: The aches and pains.Favorite/Most-Respected Law: The whole US Bill of Rights, if I can take it. If I'm restricted to just one amendment, I'll make it the First. (This guarantees, in just one (admittedly, compound) sentence: freedom of speech and of the press; freedom of (and from) religion and the separation of Church and State; the right to peacable free assembly and association, and the right to petition the gov't for redress of grievances. Pretty damn cool, IMO.)Favorite Movie That's Older Than I Am: Casablanca. Gotta love it. This is why they invented the category of "classics".Favorite Movie That's Younger Than I Am: I don't watch any of that new-fangled crud. If it was good enough for Dad and Grampaw, it's good enough fer anyone!No, Seriously: The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai. I always wanted to be Buckaroo when I grew up.Favorite Old-Fangled Music Genre(s): Early-'80s rock (as opposed to early-'80s New Wave; think early U2 and Tears For Fears); gothic; classic rock/big-guitar rock (Doors, Led Zep, Rush, Boston...); baroque (these old weirdoes like Bach, Vivaldi, and Handel).Favorite New-Fangled Music Genre(s): Trance, esp. melodic and progressive trance. Maybe some ambient D&B, and the occasional well-crafted Euro-dance track, if it doesn't sound too much like house. grin[This message has been edited by kmactane (edited 13 November 2001).]

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
NAME: C@ntus Fraggle
EMAIL: It's around if you care to look for it...
AIM: dont use this any more either
SEX: Male
Starsign: Capricorn (although everyone thinks I'm a Pisces)
TOYS: Firestaff (single and double)
HOW LONG: since April I think.
HOBBIES: playing guitar and bodhran, art, trying to cheer up the unhappy ones on HOP by making purile remarks during the bleaker threads.
FAVOURITE COLOUR: Purple
FAVOURITE COLOUR COMBINATION: red and green.
MOST VIEWED MOVIE: Labyrinth
FAVORITE BOOK: Stardust by Neil Gaiman
MEMORABLE SPIN: 3 days ago when I managed every trick I've ever wanted to do but was too scared to try.
FAVORITE QUOTE: Oh, you dont even know what an Oubliette is!
GREY HAIRS: I gave up aging when I hit 18.

Edit to make certain details slightly relevent. basic theme remains intact.

[ 03. May 2003, 14:27: Message edited by: C@ntus ]

Meh

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
I go off for a few days in the 'real world' and this is what I come home to. Good stuff winkA wise person once said:Old, I'm not old - I've only been around the sun 30 times!Name: Ade (short for Adrianne)Astrology: AriesSex: femaleAge: 30Location: Sydney, AustraliaToys: staff, poi (fire, sparkler and glow) and I'm getting better with my juggling (starting to get some transitions happening). I'm also now experiementing/playing with fire fingers, sculptures, fire trailing/eating, fans and other geek tricks.Been twirling for: 3ish yearsOccupation: By day, mild mannered librarianHobbies other than obvious: fishing, bushwalking, camping, drawing, reading, growing bromeliads, bird watching and now summer's upon us - watching the cricket all day longFavourite Colours: red and blackMost viewed Movies: Evil Dead and Texas Chainsaw MassacreLooking at me, you wouldn't guess: I'm a qualified cricket umpire and member of the bromeliad society of nswFavourite Quote/Saying: "I'm going out now, and I could be gone for some time"Things I wish I had known when I was young:1. That I was NOT going to live fast and die young, so make plans for life after 25.2. Time speeds up after 25, so don't panic, you wont be bored forever.3. You start to get grey hairs, waaay earlier than I would have ever expected to be reasonable.

sushi_flowermember
1 post

Posted:
Name: crystalAge: 26sex: fLocation: canadaToys: poiBeen twirling for: lol, maybe 2 wks. now smileOccupation: God chaserHobbies: chasing God, being the best wife and mother i can possibly be, learning poi as a worship tool, dancing, working out, oh and did i mention chasing God?...Fav. colour: just pick one?? i guess pink.most viewed movie: bear in the big blue house (my son has it on constantly) smilefav. quote/saying: love is patient, love is kind. it does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. it is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. it always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. love never fails.best twirling related moment so far: i *finally* got the weave yesterday after not being able to wrap my head around it for a couple days smile *now* i am an expert!! :P

Firefairymember
115 posts

Posted:
Im part of the club too! but i dont want to be an active member, I'll just sit hear in my easy chair, falling asleep infront of the tv.

pr!m@temember
78 posts

Posted:
HOW DARE YOU!!!!I'm not over 26, and the only reason I'm putting it here is coz there wasn't much space left on the main one... Oh shit to it, okay...Name: Jon 'primate' ElliottSex: MaleAge: 30 - and what?? eh ? wanna make summat of it? eh???Texture : FurryLocation: Birmingham UKToys: Staffs, sticks, poi, sword-weighted stickBeen twirling for: 2 yrs poi, 4 moths (and a caterpillar) staffOccupation: Designer and teacherHobbies: Records (vinyl, not computer - duh!), snowboarding, climbing, compu'er nerdyness, geetars, gadgets, travel...Favourite Colour: Deep & Dark Blue - the colour of my girlfriend's Buffalo(R) top (aaah! bless!), my head torch, bootsFavourite Quote/Saying: "Such is..."Best twirling related moment in life so far: Last Saturday / Sunday morning, me & one of our crew, a bag of mushrooms, a park, toys & parafin.No grey hairs, only white - that's differentThe death of me will be: Women, preferably more than one, in fact a whole gaggle of them may well get rid of my latent homosexuality (please - if there's any chance of saving me, give generously)Best thing about girls: nice warm smellsFavourite punctuation: elipsis...Most important bodily function: variesFavourite form of transport: 100cc bikes (Yam DX100, Suz GP100, etc.)Most annoying quirk: not finishing sentencesMost disturbing quirk: spontaneous laughter at imagined double entendres, or rendering statements in my mind "As smart as tits on a kipper!"All you wanted & more that you didn'tpr!m@te

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Could I get an application form in advance please? I am only 24 which leaves me in a kind of Limbo in between the 2 groups (only 9 months to go though grinLike the dodging airplanes hobby NYC bubt not sure you should admit to the 120 kids a day as that might get you arrested!

Mayamember
2 posts

Posted:
well I'm not 25+ but I'm 24 and wondered if you would accept me as your honorary mascot. I've experienced alot and dont beleive in age segregation - we all have alot to learn from each other, dont you think? I've met 30 yr olds who havent got a patch of wisdom on some 18 year olds. I've been poi ing for couple of months and now got nack of it, my most favouritest thing with poi? when in tenerife I performed without really realising I was after a couple of jugs of really fruity sangria, got mesmerised doing the poi thang as a crowd gathered and all I could hear was these little voices saying , "Beautiful..Wow..oooh" YUM YUM YUM I liked it alot. I love pois and I'm properly addicted. I have always been a real water lover and since allowing fire into my life..all is rosy...balance and variety is the dogs bol@#*ks dont underestimate it!!So pretty please will you allow me to be your youngest member I'll be very good i promise!!! smile

SteelWngsBRONZE Member
169 posts

Posted:
Well, I have a question for the "Older" set. So now that we are over the 25 year old ranking what is the differences you have noticed in your life?I have found that I HATE cheap liquor. When I was >25, I could enjoy sitting around all night and pounding back a few really cheap beers. Now I buy Talisker scotch or any good microbrew beer (Magic Hat https://www.magichat.net/main.html
is my personal favorite this month) and enjoy slowing it down and paying more attention to the details. I personally have found that I CAN’T stand dealing with people that I would have fallen all over myself to try and impress when I was >25. ------------------Blessings to all, Peter "In motion, move like a thundering wave. When still, be like a mountain.Rising up, be like a monkey. Land swiftly and lightly like a bird. Be steadylike a rooster on one leg. One's stance is as firm as a pine tree, yetexpresses motion. Spin swiftly and circularly like a wheel. Bend and flexlike a bow. Waft gracefully like a leaf in the wind. Sink like a heavy pieceof metal. Prey like a watchful, gliding eagle. Accelerate like a gusty wind." Wushu Proverb

Blessings to all,
Peter
When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon ...you just have to outrun the halfling.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Hmmmmm...nice question Peter!I have always appreciated the little things but now I have people stop and look at it with me!I enjoy down time with my friends more. It used to be that we always had to go out. Always had to do something. Now we can sit around, and do not much but have a ball doing it. Some of my best memories with my friends are hanging out recently by candle light just talking. Along these lines my best friends are not the ones I made in high school where I was with them because of circumstance. My best friends are the ones I choose to be with now.I appreciate time more. I am more apt to run out the door looking less than perfect so I have more time someplace else. I am more apt to skip doing the dishes to go on a picnic or read with my son (not taking into account that I hate doing dishes!).Sex isn't as important as the contact and connection, but it is damn fun all the same!I hate to break it to you SW, but cheap liquor has always sucked! tongueI have more drive, more determination and more of a sense of playfulness. I have found that there is a profound difference in being playful and having fun and just being irresponsible. Because of this I have a more balls out attitude developing.I have learned my family's opinions of my life don't actually mean shit.I have also learned that what impact I have on others is not always just something that happens but something I have control over, and can effect.Overall, the past 5 years for me have been profound and wonderful. The most important thing I learned is that fun and life do not end the older I get. In fact things are only getting better with each passing year so keeping that in ming I look forward to my 30's (in two years).------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

mobyginamember
9 posts

Posted:
Name: The thing I like about cybertalk is the anonymityAge: 37, and countingsexual beingBest thing from the eighties: I honestly cannot recall...worst twirl: Gypsy fire circle @ Confest 5 years ago (my first public twiz), first spin and I whack myself in the eye. Carried a black eye for the rest of the festival and people would say..'There's the guy that.....'Toys: clubs, many stix, poi and lots of other fun toys, 3 unicycles I cannot ride (one with training wheels)Hobbies: fire, guitar and singing, playingand doin nuffinwork: psych nurse/ teacher/ youth worker/ community development worker/ budding entertainernicest feeling: that stone has been around longer than me!, discovering hop.Love yas all------------------Share your skills so others may grow

Share your skills so others may grow

Page: