Forums > Social Chat > The UNofficial home of poi OLDcall...

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Right. (looks all stern and serious for once) Just been reading through the other rollcall thread and getting depressed coz everyone is sooooo young (well not everyone but a big chunk), and this makes me feel inadequate (it's easy to make guys feel inadequate, we just don't admit it unless we're online).I'd like to cheer myself up by starting a HoP OLDCALL, where anyone who's over the age of 25 can copy their details into here off the old rollcall thread.And coz I'm 26, then everyone on here will be the same age as me or older. Wahooooo!!!!!!Name: Charles DolbelSex: MaleAge: 26 (and getting younger)Location: Auckland, New ZealandToys: all fire staffs/double staff, balls, clubs, unicycles (3 so far), diablos, cigar boxes, balloons (yeah i do go on don't I...)Been twirling for: about 1.5 yearsOccupation: Entertainer (and day job = marketing)Hobbies other than obvious: Poetry readings, english tuition, chess, tennis, badminton, off-road unicycling, skydiving etc.Favourite Colour: Red Most viewed Movie: Aliens or Ace Ventura - Pet Detective.Favourite Quote/Saying: "I like dogs, dogs are my favourite people."Best twirling related moment in life so far: I did a few minutes of busking before a performance by another group (many of whom are much better than me and been doing fire for years more) and during their performance the audience asked me if I was their teacher!LMAO, told them I wasn't, that they were heaps better than me, but the crowd didnt believe me! *** For performances in NZ, contact is 021 440 452 or newdolbel@hotmail.com***------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
Hey, why the hell not right?NAME NateAGE 20PLACE: Syracuse NY (just an overpopulated thruway rest stop)TIME WITH POI: 2 Years.OTHER TOYS tongueoi, fire, contact juggling, umm staff, a little bit of everythingHOBBIES: obvious, raves, video games, reading, tai chi, rollerblading.FAVORITE COLOR: definately green.FAVORITE QUOTE: (depends on the mood) but I really like "Seek to understand, instead of seeking to be understood."MEMORABLE POI EVENT: been a lot of 'emFAVORITE MOVIE: the crow.REASON I HATE MY AGE: I'm not a teen anymore, I still can't buy a beer (legally), and I'm half way to fourty.MY DOG'S NAME: Zinc.THE COLOR OF MY HOUSE: brownTHE MEANING OF LIFE: Ha! (insert answer here)umm, I figure that's about it.------------------Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

CharlesBRONZE Member
3,989 posts

Posted:
Oi! You young whipper-snapper N8! wink Just you wait til I charge up my mobility scooter and catch you young man.This thread is for all the oldies, the ones who had a haaaaaard (old wavey voice) life growing up, not the easy walk of cake you youngsters get handed.Why, in my day...you used to have to WALK to the tv to change the channel. And Milk cartons were impossible to open, playstations had even been invented, why you couldn't even (rambles off into the distance...) grin grin grin grin

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Had a hard life growing up? Oops.*goes off to delete his post*

Meh

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Charles - that brings to mind a question. I remember having a lot of trouble opening milk cartons when I was a kid (around the mid 80s). Were they harder to open, or were we just unco when we were younger??

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

clairebearmember
52 posts
Location: jersey - Little rock, not quite there and almost h...

Posted:
milk cartons have always been hard to open (especialy when you're in a rush, thats when they apear to be sealed with the strongest glue known to man)But does anyone remember the pyramid shaped cartons of yesteryear??Or is that just me on my rock that had them??Ohhh and getting milk at school!!!!!!------------------love, light and rainbow fluff.Bearxxx

Be Cautious of who you sniff, they could be an EnemyBig love and fluffy rainbow light in bundles. Bear xxx xxx xxx

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
After reading the Does Age Matter thread I decided to go search for this thread. I was REALLY surprised to find my details were not in it obviously I must have felt sensitive about my age back then, I had just turned 30

So here it is, I am 32 and officially old

Name: Thistlefirepixie
Sex:Female
Favourite Toys: Fire Chains
Been twirling for: 3 1/2 years
Hobbies: Wing chun, Spinning, laughing, gardening, smiling, cooking, long walks with my dogs, eating out, making clothes, making friends.
Music: Techno, Deep House, Tribal House, Dub, Funk, Metallica, New Model Army, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Levellers, The Jam, String Driven Thing, The Pixies, World Music, Tamla Motown, Sixties music and lots more.....
Movies: Terry Gillingham's Brazil, Grease, Lost boys, Interview with a vampire, Dusk till Dawn, True Romance, Chocolat, Snatch (spot on portrayal of Irish Travellers), Toy Story, The Lion King, Jumanji, Nightbreed,Enter the Dragon and all Jackie Chan movies.
Books:Anything by Dean Koontz, Clive Barker's Imajica and Weaveworld, biographies.
Favourite Colour: Pink

[ 05. May 2003, 07:42: Message edited by: Thistle ]

Are we nearly there yet?

.Morph.SILVER Member
addict
669 posts

Posted:
I'm 27 next month, a whole new age to play with & forget about.

Ah, it's a staff? I thought it was a walking stick!! Boom-boom (Basil-Brush-style not Gilbert-Grape-style)

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Fire*Morph:
I'm 27 next month, a whole new age to play with & forget about.

That will be the age related senility setting in Have I met you somewhere before?

Are we nearly there yet?

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Funny to see how much changes in a year for me...But I am still looking forward to 30!

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Hehehe, just thought I'd pop in and run a few circles round you cronies, stealing your walking sticks and skip off spinning them!
teehee.

(runs of singing a nursery rhyme and sucking his thumb- mrrrmmph whilst oldies keep muttering how it was all better in their day when "children were seen and not heard")

Your life is ending one minute at a time...
So live it.

.Morph.SILVER Member
addict
669 posts

Posted:
Grrrrrrr, if it wasn't for those pesky kids......!!!!

GidgBRONZE Member
Super Gidg!!!!
8,506 posts

Posted:
So there is someone out there older than I am!! Thank you Stone!!!

NAME: Gidg
SEX: Female
FAV. TOYS; poi, staff (someday, flag and fan), my musical instruments
HOW LONG: Poi - off and on 5 years. Staff – 2 months. No Fire Yet
HOBBIES: Almost any craft, music, camping, spinning & Polynesian dance
FAV. COLOR: Burgundy, dark purple and Hunter Green
FAV. BOOK: Ann McCaffrey and the Pern series
FAV. QUOTE: Speak softly and carry a big stick.
FAV. MOVIE: Matrix, X-Men and Water World
FAV. MUSIC: Country, 50’s/60’s Rock and Roll, Folk Music, Big Band, Easy Listening, Classical and Contemporary Christian
INSTRUMENTS: Guitar, recorder, piano, ukulele and flute. Want to pick up the Irish Harp some day.

Oh, and NO gray hair that is noticeable, being a strawberry blonde has it’s benefits.

The one thing that I have noticed is that I have had to get stronger glasses twice in the last 5 yrs, but had the same prescription for the first 13.

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is NOT.
Proud member of the HoP DPS.
Sanity is a highly overrated state of mind.
I'm normal ... it's everyone else that's crazy.

Gidg

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
I'm 24 with 8 months to go before I can join the club.

But then again, you are only as old as the man you feel...

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I've edited my entry as it gave away a tad too much info for my liking. Also updated it a touch as I've got slightly more growed since then....

Hope that's ok with young Mr Charles.

Meh

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
thank goodness you're still a Capricorn, though. Just like me.

*watches as C@ntus screams in horror and runs from the room*

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

CharlesBRONZE Member
3,989 posts

Posted:
Wow! What changes can happen over time, I've just read though all the old posts on here and realised most of the info is out of date now

1. I've had 2 grey hairs so far, one on my head and one in my goatee, both of which I pulled out. (Perhaps this explains why my dad was bald?)

2. I'm now married, awaiting my first child (31st may due date)!!!!!!!!!!

3. I feel younger than when this thread started, but teenagers appear even younger now than they did back then. Does anyone esle undertsand this?

4. I keep forgetting how mature C@ntus is,

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?

Fire By Riz tmmember
212 posts

Posted:
these damn whippsnapper kids keep stealing my cane.hmmmmmmm a flaming cane to beat them with now thats an idea

NAME: Riz
SEX: not enough
FAV. TOYS; poi,whips , floggers ,fans ,fast cars.not so smart females
HOW LONG: too long but just a tad short of not long enough
OCCUPATION: Fire performer fire tool maker welfare recipient.:::laughs::::::
HOBBIES: setting things on fire. would you like to be next ?
FAV. COLOR: what color is fire ?
FAV. BOOK: penthouse
FAV. QUOTE: see quote below.
FAV. MOVIE: backdraft any disney movie
FAV. MUSIC: anything done by Barry manilow

I have been cursed with the imagination to envision it all

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
*runs in, sneaks up behind nasty ol' Fire By Riz tm when he's asleep in his armchair, steals kevlar covered walking stick and hides it under the fridge where he knows the old man can't actually bend down to get it cos of his stiff back, and of course, wanders off grinning and humming "baa baa black sheep"*

So live it.

CharlesBRONZE Member
3,989 posts

Posted:
You know for a king, ol bongo isn't all that wise.

"NURSE! NURSE! That little bongo thing has hidden Riz's cane under the fridge again!

Could you pick it up, get it for Riz, oh, and yeah, call the other 5 nurses, it's time for my sponge bath "

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Im not in the mood to say anything!. Everybodie know to much about me as it is .

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
We'll just make it up if you stay quiet Puk....

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
mature? P'yeah right!!

quote:
teenagers appear even younger now than they did back then
Have you met UCOF then? I swear he's aging backwards....

Meh

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
"6 sexy nurses in unison: here have a zimmer frame instead Riz, you're getting a bit too unsteady waving that stick about all the time. Ooh that KoB, he's such a cute little mischievous one!
Sorry charles, you are old enough to wash by yourself now... there's a chair in the shower room if you need it.
On the other hand its time for KoB's bubble bath, and while we're at it we might as well join the sweet innocent little thing..."

So live it.

HeliumDreamermember
39 posts

Posted:
Cantus more mature?? Charles - there's a world of diference between old and mature

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
He's only grumpy cos i look younger than him .....

Meh

CharlesBRONZE Member
3,989 posts

Posted:
C@ntus is a very mature person, he just pretends not be all the time, so no-one ever guesses his true nature...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Hehe, sorry babe they still ignoring you

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Kittytheravequeenmember
285 posts

Posted:
charles 26 isnt even close to old, old is like 60!!

i'll draw you a picture ill draw it with a twist ill draw it with a razorblade ill draw it on my wrist and if i do it right a red fountain will appear washing away my sorrow washing away my fear

CharlesBRONZE Member
3,989 posts

Posted:
So if I'm turning 30 this year, then I'm half old and half new? wink

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Woah. Way to randomly bump an ancient post, Charlies. wink

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Page: