Itsgottabmember
244 posts

Posted:
as for this being a PC page why is it that some peoples grammer gets hassled. as a dsylexic i find it personally offencive that you seem to take pleasure in laughing at someone elses surpposed short comings. after taking the high ground becareful to watch your sept. thats surppose to read 'after taking the high ground becareful where you step.

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Usually the only time someone resorts to flaming someone's grammar is if he/she deserved it and is making an ass of themselves.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
In a canine faesces strewn field be careful where you have a picnic.------------------C@ntusWe are old, we are young, we are in this together, vagabonds and children, we're prisoners forever, with pulses raging and eyes full of wonder, Kicking out behind us again.

Meh

Itsgottabmember
244 posts

Posted:
so you thinks its ok to get personally abusive with some just because your views are different. good for you.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Handbags at dawn anyone? smile------------------https://welcome.to/thehugbubble I have only one burning desire....let me stand next to your fire[This message has been edited by Durbs (edited 12 November 2001).]

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Who are you talking to?------------------C@ntusWe are old, we are young, we are in this together, vagabonds and children, we're prisoners forever, with pulses raging and eyes full of wonder, Kicking out behind us again.

Meh

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally quoted by itsgottabso you thinks its ok to get personally abusive with some just because your views are different. good for you.
Uhm, confused to whom are you speaking? There are 2 (two) replies between your posts.The views thing may not even be an issue. They may be abusive to someone. Just as you are getting defensive about a grammer issue.And to be honest, I don't think this is a PC page. Many of us our adults and we're exchanging views, ideas, and information. If someone is giving incorrect information it's the other people that should correct him/her. To some that's flaming, to others it's correcting.As for you taking grammer issues personally that's a bummer. I hope that it doesn't affect you too harshly here. Regarding the thinking that we laugh at shortcomings it's similar to you attacking people for it."good for you." kinda fits that.------------------"Except for that Mrs. Lincoln, How did you like the play?"Pyromorph - Let the fire change you

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I was actually aiming at Dan (itsgottab) but i left it ambiguous as it would also apply to durbs.

Meh

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
I was just being arguementative....

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
No you weren't wink wink wink------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

DmAlterEgo
128 posts

Posted:
I think itsgottab is being a bit overly sensitive.I think the only time people's grammer has been corrected or questioned is when they've either shown themselves to be an abusive or time wasting idiot, and grammer correction has been a way of saying 'Quite frankly your comments deserve no thought time'.Or grammer has been questioned when you youngsters use such slang so removed from the Queen's English, that others scratch thier heads and wonder what on earth was just said. There's been some classic examples lately! Note: it you spell something incorrectly it becomes harder for people to search for it!!!Being dyslexic myself I've found no offense on this board.Dom

We're nothing but the nerds they think we are

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by AlternativaNote: it you spell something incorrectly it becomes harder for people to search for it!!!
That was a really good reply. I wish I had thought of that.------------------"Except for that Mrs. Lincoln, How did you like the play?"Pyromorph - Let the fire change you

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I was just making sure he wasn't having a go at me for making, what is in my opinion, a really good joke.You see he said[qoute]after taking the high ground be careful where you step.[/quote]and I saidin a canine faesces strewn field .....oh forget it. I wasn't making fun of anyone. I just thought it was funny.

Meh

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
itsgottab is just so goddamm cute with all the pent up angst and stuff.awwww...those were the days

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Hey Flash, Hey Flash, look at me!I'm all pent up and angsty!Does that mean you think I'm cute now?!Does it huh?!? huh?! huh?? Doesit !?!?! Can I buy my ticket? can I come and see u now, can I...------(Charles gets hit in the head by his fiance with a fry pan and dragged away from the computer)------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Damn! Charles beat me to the punchline. Obviously, I was going to do it with far more style and panache.But I suppose that goes without saying.....------------------C@ntusWe are old, we are young, we are in this together, vagabonds and children, we're prisoners forever, with pulses raging and eyes full of wonder, Kicking out behind us again.

Meh

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
you boys are pathetic .... *grin*

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I must say, Frenzie, you are looking particularly radiant today! grin[This message has been edited by Cantus (edited 13 November 2001).]

Meh