Page:
pr!m@temember
78 posts

Posted:
Boring!!! I'm tired of people telling me how great it is "...down the beach..." at the moment. The northern hemisphere is approaching winter and there isn't usually enough ceiling space indoors to do most staff / poi tricks. Rather than go outside - where its cold, nasty and all kinds of horrible things can happen - has anyone considered biro spinning? (quickly checks search first like a responsible little bonobo. Okay so someone has (nix), and recently - who's a clever little spinner then?).Ah, but can u do 2 at once, eh?And how about butter knives, forks, spoons, screwdrivers, vodka bottles, mobile phones, light bulbs...?Even straws can be clutched at. Don't smirk you antipodean freaks. Your time will come. I'm predicting some kind of localised ice age somewhere near you, and very soon. You see if it doesn't.Egor - start the generator!*Evil cackle*

Janglamember
155 posts

Posted:
I'll second that! It's bloody brass monkeys over here at the moment but I still plan on spinning some fire this evening (no, not indoors).------------------"The tincture of night began to suffuse the soup of the afternoon. He considered the sentence, and found it good. He liked 'tincture' particularly. Tincture. Tincture. It was a distinguished word, and pleasantly countered by the flatness of 'soup'. The soup of the afternoon. Yes. In which may be found the croutons of teatime."

---------------------With a bit of luck, his life was ruined; always thinking that just behind some narrow door, in his favourite bars, men in red woolen suits are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.

HappyStickermember
42 posts

Posted:
i kind of like winter, its a little less scorching wearing long shirts so i dont singe off my arm hair (only fire-related injury thus far) and my wool cap.

If you had a friend that was a tightrope walker, and you were walking down the street and he just fell over......that would be unacceptable.

pr!m@temember
78 posts

Posted:
I would, but my thin blood... And my mummy says I'll catch a chill if I go outside on cold nights.I think I'll just stay in and play with my inner tube and biros.

alleykatmember
49 posts

Posted:
what's a biro? ------------------this little light of minei'm gonna let it shine...

this little light of minei'm gonna let it shine...

Endangered Sanitymember
164 posts

Posted:
A biro is a ball-point pen. It was named after the guy who invented them, somone Biro. There is actually a brand called Biro, but like the Frisbee, the name pretty much spread to cover all brands of them.Don't ask me how I know this because I dont know either.

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
Two things: I thought 'bic' was a pen. And do you think he was referring to _BRIO_ The oversized hand sized LEGOS? I heard that the kids who are too mentally challenged to put LEGOS together just bang BRIO together and their parents look on adoringly and say 'awwwwwwwww, he's building a truck/house/plane!' rolleyes Yes, Pr!m@te, I know what's good for the goose is good for the gander...so take your best shot! :braces for impact: tongue

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Biro there, Bic here...whatever.....just spin!I used to be a bartender, spinning bottles is nowhere near the same as spinning poi/staves/tralalalala but it is loads of fun! Don't drop on a hard floor...they break very easy! (I learned on my bars practice set).Pr!m@te...get yourself a bed buddy and you won't even know it's cold!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
OK lets clear up this arguement shall we?Bic is the company that makes the pens. Biro is a pen.Bic after Mr Bic. Biro after Mr Biro.A Biro is (or was) a revolutionary design, much copied since, comprising a ink resevoir and roller ball. It is one of those items whose brand name has fallen into wider usage, like sellotape (which maybe just a UK thing).Anyone else want to know something?------------------C@ntusWe are old, we are young, we are in this together, vagabonds and children, we're prisoners forever, with pulses raging and eyes full of wonder, Kicking out behind us again.

Meh

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
You mean Scotch (TM) tape? smile

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Yep. Sticky tape.

Meh

cutie poi girliemember
237 posts

Posted:
Mr biro? MR biro?! It could be a mrs! wink

Luv peace 'n' chicken grease Al X x

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I think you're thinking of his wife. Or maybe his mother.The only female inventor I can think of that they named the product after is Granny Smith - inventor of the apple.------------------C@ntusWe are old, we are young, we are in this together, vagabonds and children, we're prisoners forever, with pulses raging and eyes full of wonder, Kicking out behind us again.

Meh

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
Granny smith did not invent the computer*runs away in shame at such a poor, poor joke*APB

Good on usGood on us all

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Apple make rain coats don't they?------------------C@ntusWe are old, we are young, we are in this together, vagabonds and children, we're prisoners forever, with pulses raging and eyes full of wonder, Kicking out behind us again.

Meh

pr!m@temember
78 posts

Posted:
You silly bears!1) Yes, Biro - is a ball point pen (in this case anyway) - Well done!2) Brio, are indeed big lego bricks, and easier to manipulate too, if you don't have opposing thumbs (Mentally challenged? You'll be lucky if I don't sue!)3) Pele, you silly billy! My pl@ym@te (R)(registered trade mark) won't let me take my poi, or my staff to bed with us, if you'll pardon the double entendre.4) I like Sellotape, Frisbees and Granny Smith apples. Please send me some.Anyway, where was I?Can anyone else spin 2 Biros at once? I can. So there...pr!m@te (R)...now will everyone shut up about branding please?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I've got a brand on my arm. It's a letter A.Somebody did it to me when i was really drunk one time. I can spin 2 staffs round my fingers at the same time. Does that count?I can write biro on them if it makes it easier for you....------------------C@ntusWe are old, we are young, we are in this together, vagabonds and children, we're prisoners forever, with pulses raging and eyes full of wonder, Kicking out behind us again.

Meh

[({PoiToi})]member
98 posts

Posted:
also 2 things.. Here in the USA BRIO is a big ol wooden train set that you can put together and have hours... days! of fun with. trust me. and isn't bic a lighter? being a pyro and all... :-D Jon I.

---Formerly known as RaverRomantic---

AIM: RaverRomantic

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Oh for Fox's sake! I'm going to start slapping people in a minute......Bic is a sodding company. Thay manufacture stuff.They make, amongst other things:lighterspens (including the biro)razors (as in the bic orange - angled for sensitive skin)Brio make toys mainly marketed towards the younger end of the market. Such as Push-a-long trains and idiot bricks. [This message has been edited by Cantus (edited 12 November 2001).]

Meh

pr!m@temember
78 posts

Posted:
...so, what about Hoovering Coke?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Is that a description of what you were doing prior to posting Prim@te?

Meh

pr!m@temember
78 posts

Posted:
...your point being?

pr!m@temember
78 posts

Posted:
(quick mathematical calculation GMT + 12 bananas, 4 bananas past midnight, minus 12 bananas, 8pm UK time) (Hmmmm! That'd be early even for me.)Nope, sorry, but on this occasion you're completely wrong! Ha, ha, ha!============ tongue ============

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Lack of Female inventors, hrmmm, interesting feminist issue... Well she didn't invent it, and she did have help from her man, but Element 96 is Curium named after Marie Curie. Actually, she didn't even discover that element, she discovered a different one but was honered by having that one named after her... I guess she was too modest to name an element after herself. Modesty: Perhaps one of the reasons we don't see female's names on as many things. That, and the glass ceiling preventing them from being CEOs.[Rereads the original post]Er... yes, it is getting cold outside. smile

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Shall I rephrase my post then?The only female inventor I can think of (at least for the purposes of this JOKE) that they named the product after is Granny Smith - inventor of the apple.And perhaps APB can come in and steal my thunder again.....------------------C@ntusWe are old, we are young, we are in this together, vagabonds and children, we're prisoners forever, with pulses raging and eyes full of wonder, Kicking out behind us again.

Meh

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
There are thousands of female inventors!They've invented things like Banana cakes.Chocolate chips muffins.Tomato soup.Lots of new ways to fold nappies.Excuses for buying expensive clothes.Reasons why the toilet seat should be left down.etc etc etc...(runs away now before the Women in Black arrive to beat his brains in)------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
Charles, not to worry. They shouldn't be going anywhere. They should be at home. In the kitchen. Makin' us sumpin' ta eat! [image]https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/images/icons/grin.gif">------------------[/image]Pyromorph - Let the fire change you

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
lol! smile------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
*chooses not to respond to blatant, low-brow baiting*

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
o - and Prim@te...I was having a discussion with a friend recently with regards to which is the better pen to use for hoovering. he was all over the Bic, I prefer the Staedler smile they're a little shorter, so less velocity is lost in the transfer grin[This message has been edited by flash fire (edited 12 November 2001).]

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
What is this "hoovering" of which you speak?A "Hoover" is a vacuum company here in the US so "Hoovering" could have quite the sexual innuendo when used properly...

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Page: