Albino Hawaiianmember
3 posts

Posted:
Hey all.. i've been lurking on these boards for quite some time.. and i love reading about all your stories about fire poi... it has always been a dream of mine to someday twirl with fire.. i've been practicing for about 6 months with one goal in mind and last night was the night i got to achieve that goal. i twirled with two fountain fireworks.. after a few practice twirls without them being lit.. i was ready to try them lit.. it was very scary, but it looked awesome.. i'll post up some pictures when i can.. now i'm ready to make some real ones and do it regularly!I'd love to talk more, but i have to get back to work... cya!P.S. before i get yelled at.. yes i did this the safest way possible.. i went out in the middle of a dirt field with no one close enough to get burned.. so it was safe wink

bibilixmember
3 posts

Posted:
hi,do you go to little beach on sunday nights? i spend 2 months on maui last summer and went there sometimes to do and watch some firedancing... gee, i miss maui.... i guess i have to go back and marry an american someday.bibilix

Albino Hawaiianmember
3 posts

Posted:
Little Beach? where is that? i'd love to go see some fire twirling and maybe get to try some myself.. i'm still using fireworks right now.. all my friends love it.. it's turning into a nightly tribute to the fire goddess Pele winkand if you ever come back to Maui let me know <----- single lolcya

bibilixmember
3 posts

Posted:
little beach, hmm, i wish i had a map on me. it is after makena (drive past kihei) there is this beach called big beach guess that isn't the official name either, walk to the right end of it and treck up a little stone hill, there you are. it is a nudist beach but the people are pretty cool there whatsoever. (i just got once told to take my clothes off and that was, well,...anyway...)it is great to bodyboard there as well, and sunday night there are a lot of drumms and people selling glaspipes and bodypainting. and firedancers. also a guy called sunbear (named like that by his hippie parents.) he is doing staff, and he is so nice and wild... watch him!!! well, at least it was like that in the summer. how much i loved the time there. first i lived in wailuku, later in haiku with friends. right next to the rainforest. i am already trying to save up some cash to come back next summer....did you see the cliff diving world championships in lanai end of august?bibilixx