Forums > Social Chat > Change in Bulletin Board

Login/Join to Participate
Page: 123
Malcolm
Malcolm

HOP admin
Total posts: 995
Posted:This is for those that do not notice a change.
I hoped this was going to only take a couple of hours. I have now been working on it for 12 hours and I am about to pass out for over tierness.

Unfortunately I could not transfer across to SQL the either/or topic and a few other extra long posts with over 1000 replies (sorry it those were yours, I stilll have copies of them)
I still need to do a lot of fine tuning on this new system. Hopefully it is going enough for your to post a reply :confused:

I will work on it more in the morning.
I have already found some errors but please also feel free to post them here so i can continue on them tomorrow.

Kindest regards

Malcolm

"May your balls always burn"

Delete Topic

sunbeam
sunbeam

old hand
Total posts: 1032
Posted:thanks for the new HoP Malcom

... my problem is I can't upload a photo; confused do i need to know my photo gallery number? If so where can i find it?cheers
sunbeam
Non-Https Image Link

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

Delete

[Nx?]
[Nx?]

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 3749
Posted:yo,

I dont like it. Sorry, but i dont, its gotten more clunky, more ugly, the added features are all cosmetic and dont adress the underlying problems of organisation, infact the new board makes it worse. It still takes forever to load (longer now peeps have avatars), all my PMs have dissapeared, no member status, unnesicarily complicated treading system, takes up more space, horrible colours. Sorry, but i dont like it. getting to spoiled by poiinthepark I guess but i really think the board has stepped back, not forward.

Gotta say it.

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

Delete

spritie
spritie

Pooh-Bah
Total posts: 2014
Posted:Is there a way to search for a post by a specific member like there used to be? You used to be able to search by member number, but that option seems to have vanished.

Delete

Stone
Stream Entrant
Total posts: 2830
Posted:Hi Malcolm, great job. Sorry to be a pain, but for the recored, I can&#8217;t find the Club/torch swinging thread in the Other Toys section.

However, the original thread posted in Technical Discussions, still remains in Technical Discussion, as it was before it was moved to Other Toys some time ago. Cheers smile

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

Delete

telic
I don't want a title.

Total posts: 940
Posted:::agrees with pounce a billionfold about the member status thing:: So very close.... and then, denied.

E pluribus unum, baby.

Delete

Raphael96
old hand
Total posts: 899
Posted:Now that I have figured out how to log back in, I have to say that I prefer the old board setup.

Raph

Delete

spritie
spritie

Pooh-Bah
Total posts: 2014
Posted:What do the little flowers mean next to some people's name on the Who's Online page? Pele has one, and earlier Angi had one too which means it isn't a moderator thing.

Delete

arsn
arsn

How do you change this thing???
Total posts: 1903
Posted:ICQ members... if there coloured... their on-line. tongue

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

Delete

arsn
arsn

How do you change this thing???
Total posts: 1903
Posted:Children of the corn type of stuff... did you know that no mater what day somebody first ever logged on ( Maybe not new people ) it was at 9:00am... trippy... ubbloco

peace

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

Delete

UCOF
UCOF

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 15414
Posted:What?

Delete

Ade
Are we there yet?
Total posts: 1897
Posted:Is there anyway of making the subject column longer - It's extremely hard to read being so short....? ubblove

not sure I like the changes, there's stuff everywhere.... I'm sure I'll get used to it though....

ubbloco

Delete

Page: 123