Forums > Videos > One stop video shop

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Jezaddict
642 posts

Posted:
Ok here is an idea for all you guys. I have just been offered a great price for a huge upgrade to my site which will allow me to store several gigabytes of files with immense bandwidth. So instead of all the p2p rubbish and the rest of it. How about I store every video available on my website for you guys to upload. I can arrange several different ways for you to upload your files. I can give each video its own webpage that you are free to design for yourselves to put on my server. I can also provide you with stats with how many people have downloaded your videos etc..

I will of course only upload them with permission of each user and full credit will be given to each of those who want it.

Anyways let me know and I can arrange it. Plus for all those who already host their videos I am able to provide a mirror site for you as I can have remote file posting.

What do you think?

'Happiness is liking peeing on yourself. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.'

'If *I* had a hammer, there'd be no more folk singers.'

Jezaddict
642 posts

Posted:
50mb allows people to upload more than one video each. I will change this if required later. Pk is right you do not need any html to upload files you just follow the very simple to use upload feature. But as PK says there are a few bugs to iron out but hopefully they will be sorted out this week.

'Happiness is liking peeing on yourself. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.'

Jezaddict
642 posts

Posted:
I have moved server with loads more bandwidth and space. The site is now working although vids have to be emailed to me at email@poiintheparkex.net

emails should contain any comments like author, music by and any other details like performers etc... Then attach your vid and send it to me and I will put it up on the website.

If you have the video stored elsewhere then you can do it yourself on the website by going to downloads and submitting the info yourself.

Anyway the website is now up Poi in the park EX

Have fun

Jezaddict
642 posts

Posted:
Hey all this talk of this being a good idea and nothing comes to fruition.

Oh well I have had one download submitted thus far. I hope all you guys who have videos submit a link and that way it should be easier to manage all these videos.

My site also have a place where each of the videos gets reviewed by the public.

There is also a count next to each download so you can see how many times each vid has been downloaded and also which is the most popular smile

Matthew_NeSILVER Member
Northeast USA Firespinner
122 posts

Posted:
Can you upload via FTP? Or is it only by certain methods.

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
digi vid cam being shipped now biggrin , finally broke down n got one...bettah than waiting for conversion mad will have some soon beerchug

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

Jezaddict
642 posts

Posted:
I will upload the file to my server by FTP. But I cannot give out access as I do not want to compromise the security on my site. So if you wish to send me a file you can email me the file as mentioned above. Or you can write it to CD and snail mail it to me, but if you are really desperate and cannot do any of the above then I may give you instructions on how to FTP and where to put it.

That will only be done as a last resort.

If you already have the file stored on the net then you can either link to the file in my downloads section or I can upload the file to my server.

This applies to all of those who want their videos to be on my database. I know that their are an awful lot of you who have spinning videos and if you want to increase the amount of peeps who download your video you would not go far wrong from adding yourself to the database on my site as I do get a lot of traffic who download these videos. Even if the videos were made ages ago please feel free to add them.

Matthew_NeSILVER Member
Northeast USA Firespinner
122 posts

Posted:
Yea.. I think I'm gonna have to go with the 3rd option. I have a limit on how big an attachment can be on my email, and unless you can figure out how to compress an 8mb .avi file into a 1.5mb file.. then I think I'm gonna have to go the self-ftp route. And since I'm in the US, and you're in England.. I think snailmail woudn't work the way I would like it to. PM me with your ideas..

Thanks, Matt.

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
create an account on free.prohosting.com upload ur file then send the link to jez so he can upload it to his site then his sites security isnt comprimised and we still all get to see ur video

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

Jezaddict
642 posts

Posted:
The only problem with that is videos are high bandwidth and on a free site you are likely to have your site closed. I have 100GB of bandwidth on my site so I have no problem hosting video files. I will arrange for Hexus to FTP just this once and I will set-up a temporary FTP account for him. Although if you did choose to get a free host I could pick up the file there and save it onto my server.

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
thats what i ment if he uploads it to a free site u download it from there and put it onto ur site and then get rid of the temp download file smile

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

Jezaddict
642 posts

Posted:
I had a few probs briefly on my site but they are all fixed now.

I still host vids and I am still looking forward to general submissions on my site. Remember u can still add the download even if I am not hosting it

There are a few new submissions this month so if u wanna check em out there is a link to my webpage somewhere

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
frown
SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO::
host mail.mygisol.com [207.44.144.6]: 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)

your lovely offer is hindered by my silly inability to email any video to yoo!
if you have a backup of my only video, it would be most nice smile
thank ye smile

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Jezaddict
642 posts

Posted:
yeah I do consider it done

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
hug beerchug peace

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Page:

HOP Newsletter