Forums > Social Chat > YAY ! Xaeda, Sage : Congratulations !

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Just read that you guys won...Xaeda... not a real surprise, master ! winkSage , when do we get to see your bit ???Malcolm, you said you'd give us a preview... sooo... ????just can't wait to see you all on video !Shine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Congrats guys, guess we should all take up gymnastics and philosophy now...Preview! Preview! Preview!------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nzFire is the test of gold; adversity, of strong men. *Seneca, (4 BC - 65 AD)*

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Congratulations Xaeda and Sage - well done!!!ade

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
woohoo, looks like there is going to be some major inspiration on the horizon. big hearty congradulations to the bothe of you, i am sure you had quite the run for your money. smile smile

anyone got a light?

xaedamember
129 posts

Posted:
eeeeek!!! shockedwow, thankyou so much Malcom! I'm surprised and honoured, and sooo so so happy smile I've just finished exams for the year, and now on top of that I now have new toys to play with.....yay! Congratulations to Sage, too, I can't wait to see your vid. To everyone else that entered - I'm sure it was *very*, *very* close, and I'm really looking forward to seeing all of your videos. Cassandra, frog-girl, sweetie - pleeeeze stop all this "master" bollocks tongue Else I might have to take you seriously and get myself a whip wink hehehe. And then what would Pele do for fun? grin heheCharles - Well obviously my spinning is heavily influenced by the work of Kant, Wittgenstein and Kuhn, who have inspired within me a seething boredom and frustration which makes me wanna run away and play with staff instead of reading their confusing arguments grin hehehe. "ahem, and I'd like to thank certain dull german philosophers without whom I might actually bother to study....."As for gymnastics, I'll gladly teach ya some stuff at the festival wink so start stretching them old bones now! ;-)(i know, i know, bones don't stretch....figure of speech, k?). heh.Wooh, I'm off to the 'shop' to contemplate what on earth I'm gonna get. *bounce*, this has made my day. week. month. heh. Malcom, thankyou so much on behalf of all of us for organising this whole thing....you put so much love and effort into making this community what it is, and I think we probably don't thank you often enough.) You rock! (now run along and finish the tape, I wanna see everybody else grin) heh. this is probably a record for the number of smileys used in a post. oh well.....I have an excuse.love & hugs to ya all,x------------------the memories fire, the rhythm falls slow....

the memories fire, the rhythm falls slow....

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
Congratulations Xaeda and Sage, I can't wait to see your videos, and everyone elses too! grin

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
Good Job Xaeda and Sage! I cant wait to see your videos, and THE video too, I am sure there is going to be some major inspiration in there!

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

CharlesBRONZE Member
3,989 posts

Posted:
So Xaeda, after watching some of your staff work I can see you took one of Wittgenstein's lines from Tractatus Logico Philosophicus to heart..."We could present spatially an atomic fact which contradicted the laws of physics, but not one which contradicted the laws of geometry."Sounds like a early 1920's description of someone doing impossible things with a firestaff, but still being bound by geometric reason if nothing else.Hee hee hee grin grin grin grin------------------Charles (INFERNO)[This message has been edited by Charles (edited 12 November 2001).]

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?

xaedamember
129 posts

Posted:
Heh, give us a few years to practise and I'm sure we'll all be transcending the laws of geometry ;-) Maybe we could transcend the laws of thermodynamics too? We'dnever get burnt again! heh, once I went busking and some pompous git actually explained to his friend....."hah, that's not dangerous, I bet she's using that special cold fire, you know, like magicians use on tv". rolleyes Oh, errrm, cold fire. That's what I've been doing wrong all these years.....nobody ever told me about that! grinx

xaedamember
129 posts

Posted:
anyway charles, seeing as you're a marketing guy and not a philosophy student, there's only one explanation for your ability to quote Wittgenstein....GEEEEEEEEEEEEEK grin rolleyes shockedx------------------the memories fire, the rhythm falls slow....

CharlesBRONZE Member
3,989 posts

Posted:
Just coz I'm working fulltime now (i know, disgraceful isn't it) does that mean I'm not studying philosophy in my spare time...My favourite is Hobbes, as in Calvin and Hobbes, and the others all make me fall asleep. I'm stockpiling lots of Philo' to read to my kids before bed wink wink wink------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
I really feel like pulling out the monty python drunken philosophers sketch here but i can't spell the names and would really embarras myself."Theres nothing Neitze couldn't teach'ya bout the raising of the wrist, Socrates himself was permanently pissed"CheersAPB

Good on usGood on us all

4,224 posts

Posted:
Did you notice that the staff winner is a lady and the poi winenr is a man... just reminded me of these conversations we had previously about "poi for women and staff for men" !!!Anyway ... smileShine onCassandra

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
The poi winner is very much a woman, and she can shake it like no guy I've ever seen, let me tell you!Sage is really hard to photography well because she's so dynamic, but I've got some photos of her twirling poi and eating fire at:https://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4292415059This one has Sage doing poi and staff:https://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4292455831(in case you're wondering: she also blows fire, does batons, flags, trailing, double-staff, fire-fingers...)Sorry, no video online.[This message has been edited by adamrice (edited 13 November 2001).]

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

4,224 posts

Posted:
Really sorry, I thought Shawn was a man's name ... isn't it ???!!!pardon my ignorance !I apologize to the lady and feel really sorry cause I can't view anything on those links you posted, adam. Can you maybe email them to me ??? really can't wait to see the video !!!Shine onCass

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
Damn! beaten by girls! smile they are the fairer sex I guess. smile------------------~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

CharlesBRONZE Member
3,989 posts

Posted:
They aren't the fairer sex! If they were fair, then one of us guys would have one at least one section...(glances at his fiance over his shoulder) I say they are the unfairer sex, they are good at everything, look great, are much more intelligent and are the answer to all of the problems in this "man's world"------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
Yeah, your right, that ain't fair..I wish I had breasts, I bet I could have won the staff competion.. specially cuz I went topless, and my boobs would be NICE!*sigh*4:20!------------------~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
Come on guys ya make us wait enought video video video video video!!! smile smile

Dance like if noone were watching you

xaedamember
129 posts

Posted:
but.....I thought *everyone* was going topless! was I the only one? grin heh, well that would explain why I won, then, wouldn't it tongue heeheehee. wink "thanks girls!"x(for those lacking in humour.....no, there was no naked breastage on my tape. I hope.) grin------------------the memories fire, the rhythm falls slow....

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Well A guy would've won the staff section but, unfortunately, I didn't have access to a camera wink tongue grin*realises he's inadvertantly layed down a challenge and goes off to practice a lot*------------------C@ntusWe are old, we are young, we are in this together, vagabonds and children, we're prisoners forever, with pulses raging and eyes full of wonder, Kicking out behind us again.[This message has been edited by Cantus (edited 13 November 2001).]

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Cass, Sean is a man's name.

Meh

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
::after reading Xaeda's post half of HOP (+ GFM) place preorders on the tape:: winkKatinca[This message has been edited by Katinca (edited 13 November 2001).]

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

4,224 posts

Posted:
cantus, thanks ! But one last silly question : there is Shawn Fumo here and he sure sounds like a guy to me, so is Shawn a man's name "as well" ??? Adam, received your email with the pics and am *really* impressed and looking forward to finally watching the video !!!!::calls in a gentle voice, trying to hide her excitment::Maaaaalcolm ????preview ?????please winkshine onCassandra

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
aww... no topless xaeda? somehow I'm not as excited to see the videos now..just kidding malcom, i DO want to see the videos, very soon..I think I am going to order both COL videos, will they be able to get to canada for christmas you think?------------------~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Congrats to ya both!Of all the kewl subcultures where i live, I have to say that twirlers are *THE* coolest, friendlest lot - they are always ridiculously eager to help out/share as much as they can in the too few opportunities that there are to meet!So with that perspective in mind, my hat goes off Mr Sage n Ms Zelda - the pyros that do us all proud!! - when the scene grows 'big' -which it WILL- both of yas have a place in Shaka-Ri!.. or something.. =)P.S. for Melb pplz, does else know about the last minute twirl meet in the city shifted from FRi to this Thu night??------------------In Australia, It is said that "Twirler with hand in pocket feel cocky all day." =P

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
Awww no topless Xaeda???!?!?sucks you know frown jk ;pheh i really wanna see the video... the one you got on videos section is really good!

Dance like if noone were watching you

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
**Turns twords pozee and frowns**What the hell... how the... this can't be. Beaten by girls. I'm glad I didn't enter,lol, I can always say I didn't win cause I didn't enter. Next comp, can we please have a glowstick and a fire comp, if only for a pen. For those of you who don't have one, it's worth the 2 bucks. I know I"m not the only one who sleeps with one.

Its about talent, not make up or costumes.

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
hmm.. are there new videos in the video section?I don't see any..when do we get some malcom?------------------~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

CharlesBRONZE Member
3,989 posts

Posted:
C'mon guys...Give malcolm a break, he's got to cook and eat and exercise and stuff, plus keep an eye on the board, plus give some time to fiance so she remains his fiance and other things...He'll get to it when he can.Sheesh, (I'm just as impatient as everyone else, but the more we hassle the more stressed he'll get and the later it will happen)(reverse pyschology) -"TAKE YOUR TIME MALCOLM, NO HURRY, JUST WHEN YOU CAN..."------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Ya know, my home of poi pen broke. I'm actually quite dissapointed at the shoddy construction of the pen. Usually when you throw a pen across the room towards one of your classmates they usually hold together. The thing just crumbled when it hit the wall... smile------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

Page: