Forums > Videos > A New generation of Poi in the form of Glowstringing....

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Shokmember
25 posts

Posted:
I know I havent posted on here in a LONG time but I recently finished making a video that captures the best glowstringers in San Antonio Texas. We are very poi oriented in our glowstringing so I thought that I may share this video with the HOP community because this site helped me out a long time ago when I began stringing.

Well,This vid was filmed a while back during the summer but I finally finished editing everything. I think it came out really nice, and I think it was well worth the wait. I wanna thank all my stringers friends and all who have inspired me to string, this vid is for yall

The song is Planet Funk - Chase the Sun

Enjoy....I hope this video sparks new ideas..

Tekno Turltles - Compilation 8/2003 San Antonio, Texas

[ 04. October 2003, 07:23: Message edited by: Shok ]

Xtremely Flameablemember
95 posts

Posted:
oh my goddd.....

turtles & Glow & poi OH MY... lol

Just one question????
Wheres Rapheal and donatello.. maybe Mikie or leo

XF

When a man lies, he murders some part of the world.

dark(ART)member
7 posts

Posted:
Hey Shok. Awesome work. What is the music in the background...? That damn song won't get out of my head. I have to have that song. Arrrrrrgh.

All the world's ailments can be solved with an adequate distribution of condoms and liberal application of 5000lb epoxy.

Shokmember
25 posts

Posted:
The song is Planet Funk - Chase The Sun...

And for yalls info

Shok- Donatello
Fuze- Leonardo
Bomb- Michaelangelo
Trunkz- Raphael

Lol, at the last rave they had down here we wore the bandanas too, over the eyes....

dj_retromember
87 posts

Posted:
Man...I spin glowsticks and get made fun of...but I spin like I spin fire, only faster. Saw a lot of things I had never seen before. Makes me happy to see that people are still into it enough to learn new things. Still with I had a large group of readaly avalable friends to spin with. Still nothing but mad props to all of you...good shit

<( ' ' )>
Fear the Kirby

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Sorry for my belated response but I only recently got to view this video.

Obvious and absoulute props.

I KNEW there were glow kids out there pushing the envelope and just didn't know where to find them. I'm very glad the Eurocrowd got to see this because I don't think US style glow sticking makes it out there as much as it should.

What are you guys calling that 'contact glowstick' stuff where you're going around your neck. Those aren't 'tracers'? Because I thought tracers were with one glowstick out of a wrap like around one's knee or something...

Thank you very much for sharing and please do keep us firekids in the glowstick loop as much as you can.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
whoa...

two texas size thumbs up!

I haven't gotten that much inspiration out of a spinning vid in years!

I WILL be looking you guys up next time I'm in Texas!

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

woodnymphmember
313 posts

Posted:
WOW
I watched your vid and then i went to bed and had the most amazing,vividly clourful dreams....streaks of electric colours all over the place.....

cKBRONZE Member
19 posts

Posted:
dude.. wow!!!

that was seriously amazing. i'd never heard the term glow stringing, but i guessed it would be same as poi but with glowsticks(dur )

but from the very first move bomb made, till then end of it, I was enthralled, sooo amazing, so well put together, and a serious amount of inspiration and new ideas are swirling throu my tired head. Just hope i dont go an try to pass flaming poi around my neck .

Biggest congratulations ever.

You love the middle ages, Don't you?Sir, Yes Sir!!The concept of a Geocentric universe gets you sexually excited, Doesn't it?Sir, Yes Sir!!You want to make 16th century mathematician Johannes Kepler your bitch, Don't you?Sir, Yes Sir!!

joe_sixstepsmULti-torTOISe
310 posts
Location: Kent currently, Cornwall soon, New Zealand eventua...

Posted:
Yet more stunned admiration from me. Very impressed and full of awe. You guys are really going for it. Much respect.

The Confusion Squid has many tentacles

kristiboySILVER Member
23 posts

Posted:
Wow...you are so on the right track! Keep pushing in that direction guys!

If you talk you can sing. If you walk you can dance.

Exodus17member
12 posts

Posted:
Hey Shok!

im right up the road from you guys! soon as i get my car, me and Cody(Litetrailz/Glowstickergreen) are gonna come down one of these weekends.. bout a 6hr drive from Dallas

but yea.. thatd be awesome if we saw some SA Town footage in COL5.. im lookin at sending in my own clip if i can find a camera....

this is definatley one of my fav glowstringing videos. along with Trunkz solo vid... we need more of this!

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
holy [censored] i am in total awe. awesome job guys!!!

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

KnoxiousGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
Well I guess I don't need to say it....ah but what the hell!....that was just plain brilliant! I have been well up for glo stick stuff for ages and this has finally proven that it really is the bollocks.
You guys [censored] rock smile
Don't want to do boring old poi anymore now frown
seriously - nice work guy...keep playing and inspiring!
respect dave

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
all i can say is "wow"

gonna try some of that [censored] with me fire poi!! kevlar bodie suit here i come! yah...

passing through, this world still lives.

mosesmember
30 posts

Posted:
all i can say is holy [censored].....how long have you guys been spinning??? glowstring is my thing too.....i......hmmmm, speachless

..::Spiral Out:Keep Going::..

Russ_T_Nailmember
2 posts

Posted:
Dude, that was a totally sweet video.

thegoodfellamember
12 posts

Posted:
that was freakin dope. MAD PROPS! very nicely done. all of you. how did you do some of the moves? i would really like to know. would love to start glowsticking as well as you guys. anyway. nice job.

peace

Why you going to the airport? Flying somewhere?

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
yeah sweet video shok.. much respect! i'm gonna have to learn some of that contact type stuff!! biggrin
what knots do you use to tie the string to the sticks? mine alwys seem to either undo or break the plastic loops when i try certain moves!

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
erm.....don't wanna be a party pooper cuz that vid was freakin ace but....I've only ever seen glo-stringing similar to this! What's the lame glostringing I keep hearing about? Actually no, don't tell me I don't wanna know!!

Keep up the good work guys.....isn't it about time you posted a new vid!! ubbloco

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Big AndyBRONZE Member
186 posts

Posted:
AY, DIOS MIO!!

I have NEVER seen glowstick poi like that!!!! Most of the glowstringers I've seen around here either suck horribly (can't even do a 3 BT weave properly), or they're used to spinning fire/beamers/heavy stuff, so when you see them spin glowsticks, they're quite good spinners, but they can't do all the cool "tracer" moves and ridiculously fast consecutive wraps. They spin like they would spin fire.

Believe me Custom Bug, at least around here, there are quite a few "ravers" who don't know the first thing about poi, they just think it's cool to wave glowsticks around on really long strings while screwed out of their minds on drugs. Alotta these kids have never even seen fire poi. I wish we had tons of people doing that kind of stuff around here, so I'd have folks to study and learn from!

That video is amazing, I had no idea some of that stuff was even possible. Hats off to Shok and his crew. I live in Dallas, so if I ever come down to San Antonio for a party, I'll keep an eye out for you guys!

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!"

"Welcome to the U-S-A,
We'll treat you right, unless you're black or gay, or Cherokeeeeee!!"

-Brian Griffin from "Family Guy" (the dog)

Nightstrikemember
10 posts

Posted:
Yea guys, MAD PROPS!
That was some nice stuff, I hope to see more.

xJesterxstranger
21 posts

Posted:
vid wont work

xaniphusstranger
1 post

Posted:
the ones from glowsticking.com are really good... but you have to be a member for quite a while to get those... i found a site that has most of them

https://www.easily-amused.org/video/chicagoGS/

if interested in moves.... i somewhat know how to do most of them... e-mail me... unionunderground_209@yahoo.com

Justin

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
actually GSC changed it so you don't have to have a gazillion posts to get the stuff.. and I think this was for TT1 as well yeah?

and the chicago vids don't have shite on the TT2..

If you want some of the chicago vids, I suggest going by GSC and getting some of the specifc person vids.. like wes's practice (2-21-03), Kael; and scooch (both 12-28-03) and wil (2-15-04) are infinitely better then those.. they each of some cool lead ups to the TT2 stuff..

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

BshidoHEATmember
26 posts

Posted:
Rev, I can't seem to find a single vid from Kael, except for the one he does an arm trace. Can you point me in the right direction?

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
they don't have them on GSC? I rememeber one night arguing with Wes (mixinluv2u) and he said all the GSC stuff was open to everyone all you had to do was sign up.. and I thought.. I thought Kael had his duowrap video up on there..

hit me up on an im and I'll send you the Kael vid.. all it has are the duo/multiwraps.. which are cool for those that prefer the longer variety strings..

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

BshidoHEATmember
26 posts

Posted:
I am on GS.C but can't find it frown, I'll send you an AIM.

Dfigravitynewbie
1 post

Posted:
ok, it's a dead link and you now I really wanna see that video...

tigganewbie
1 post

Posted:
thank me 4 what cool

Page: