DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
Yes, it has been a long time in the making, but here it is. Hope you all enjoy it. This video was made using some footage shot about 6 months ago. I utilized some new methods in my editing process

https://www.flamingsphere.homestead.com/files/jediwhite_new.wmv

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Nice vid but the framerate is a bit low. Makes it really choppy. Would love a higher quality version.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
Dio said the same thing, I can't realy tell the difference, but apparently some people can. I hear it is because the background is visable or somethng like that. anyways, I can't realy tell.

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
The background constantly being lit and darkened plays hell with the encoding process because what it essentially does is find the bits in the picture that don't change from frame to frame (typically a stationary background) and it keeps them in place from one frame to the next, reducing the amount of data it has to process. When the background is changing like in this video, it really messes with the computer trying to make sense of it all.

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

telicI don't want a title.
940 posts

Posted:
I actually kinda like the choppiness and weird lighting of this one. It makes it feel like the sort of underground, underbudget indie film hipsters show on rooftops in the summer.

E pluribus unum, baby.

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
Yeah we're really pushing for new tricks we can pull with our videos... we found some new camera tricks just last night, and I've got software now that can do a lot of video adjustment (like making it look like a grainy 1930's film, for example).

Hopefully our videos improve with each release! We want to continue to push the bounds of entertainment through the fire arts and keep up with new innovations and ideas

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.