Forums > Videos > Wildfire Entertainment of Oklahoma - One Year Later

Login/Join to Participate

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
Our latest video is available for download, and this one's real nice in my opinion. The name "One Year Later" comes from the fact that, for our new spinner Dante and also Mistress Aurora, this video marks the one-year anniversary of the day they first picked up poi and spun with our group.

Wildfire Entertainment of Oklahoma Videos

The spinning is in the following order:
Dante with poi
Mistress Aurora with poi
Dio with his new staff creation
Dantana with staff and poi

Please feel free to comment on Dante and Mistress Aurora's performances (they've really shown improvement since last year!). This video's especially for them

We've also got an exclusive Dan and Dio video in the works, so please hold commentary on those two spinners until the next release.

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

MillenniuMPLATINUM Member
Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
Great video... what kind of poi was used with the first few spinners?

729 posts

Posted:
Regular chain fire poi with tube core wicking, real simple stuff.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
the fuel was ethanol, hence the sexxxy blue flame....

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
Sits staring at comp screen *tap tap tap* Hello? Is this thing on?

Oh hey! Just sitting here...Waiting...
and waiting...
Waiting some more...

Got 55% of the vid downloaded so far...Only took an hour to get this far

Fixin to go to work so must leave comp on in order to fully download the vid. Hopefully my internet won't go down and will be so very sweet to me!

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

MillenniuMPLATINUM Member
Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
I was wondering about the color, ethanol, gotta try that...

Very awesome video you guys, I'm thoroughly impressed. Every time I watch your videos I can't help but go outside and try some of your crazy stuff, only to fail and cry in the corner.

729 posts

Posted:
Hey man, there's nothin wrong with that!

I got started by imitating Dan and whacking myself silly, but putting effort into spinning really does produce noticeable results. I am honored that the video gives you that kind of encouragement! That's the primary reason we make them

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Thanks guys for putting the videos on line they are truly inspirational.
Whacking myself silly covers what Ive been doing since downloading Dantanas advanced poi.

I cant currently access Dio or Jedi Whites videos. Can I download them too please. Somehow.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

729 posts

Posted:
Hehe I would put em up but you don't wanna see those odl things We're way better since those were made (almost a year ago!)

We should have a few more individual videos for download in the near future, just gotta get some more modern footage. Do keep in mind this particular thread is for the "One Year Later" video only... comment on it in here or bump an older thread about the individual videos if you'd like to discuss them.

Also, Jedi White movies are sorta hard to come by as he doesn't spin too much anymore and we really tend to focus on our active spinners. He's gotta get back in the game before he'll have a movie out again.

And I believe the webpage says to request videos via email and not on HoP. You can PM one of us or something but if we kept taking requests in the forums we'd have a lot of messages to sort out and be rotating our videos almost daily

Thanks for the kind words! We are all glad we can inspire others like yourself to become great spinners.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
Hopefully we will have all teh videos on a new server soon :cough: Dio :cough: soon as somebody(hint hint) talks to Nasu again.....

And we can get rid of the pain in the arse "request a video" thing. I want to have enough storage space to keep all of our videos online darnit...

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I enjoyed that.
What's the crack'lackle with the achey breaky stick then? eh? it broke and then you fixed it eh?

Well done Mistress Aurora and Dante keep 'em coming

Those wraps are quite confusing btw Mr Dantana.

Why'd you have to encode Jedi white vid different or something. I can't watch it think it's cause I'm on NT workstation and can't watch Win Media 9 files.

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
sorry. You should be able to get a free upgrade from the windows website... www.msn.com or something.

729 posts

Posted:
quote:
What's the crack'lackle with the achey breaky stick then? eh? it broke and then you fixed it eh?
Achey Breaky stick.... I think you just named my new toy We were trying to find a name for it. Congrats!

Keep an eye out for it, cuz it's gonna be in my next video as well!