Antti_EverythingGOLD Member
addict
446 posts

Posted:
I made these for the COL4 and something (maybe both) got on it so here's a sneak preview of what's to come. Too much technique and not enough movement or expression or whatever but you might like it. The videos are only in WMV-format so even i can't see them on my homecomputer.. sorry. i'll put avi's someday.... And the last video is a short clip of a number we did for my schools circus.

-------EDIT NUMBER 205----

I deleted the links to the videos due to concern of posting COL4 material being wrong.. I'll check what Malcolm thinks of this and put them back on if it's ok. (It wasn't)

----------

Right click and save as... you know

[ 15. August 2003, 11:58: Message edited by: Nekobasu ]

Point your toes.

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Yeah, Im definately not downloading a 22MB file at 1kbps. Ya need to find a new server.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
slow server or fast, i thank you in-a-heapness for this fire video gift you have given us!
hmm 22Mb, still, it's better than 21Mb!!

** edit **
hey props for the precise plane twirling and complex throws. i liked also the pirouette you do with one staff in a waistwrap, the smooth neckroll and the impossible staff balancing finale!

great work man, lookin' forward to COL4 more than ever, dude!

[ 13. August 2003, 08:05: Message edited by: bender™ ]

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

addict
446 posts

Posted:
thanks bender.. the balance trick is always funny. i wish you could see the throws we're doing now with my man Drone who's also on col4 (i mean it's been already what 3 months of shooting the video)...... maybe on col5

and i'm looking for a faster server.

Point your toes.

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
please please please could someone pop this ontp a disk for me????? Cole????Cam???Alienfox????? ANYONE?????

Bammy

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
One word: WOW.

Those vids are top-notch my friend, I especially liked the double staff work as I am trying to learn techniques with those myself.

The poi video sometimes was a little too dark to see exactly what moves the spinner was doing, you might correct that with manual exposure rather than AE.

Agon - le femme fatale was quite entertaining, I love seeing theatrics in addition to just simply spinning. That's what makes the difference between a spinner and an entertainer, I think, and you guys are definitely entertaining.

One concern that this brings to mind: Did you check with Malcolm to see if posting your own CoL4 material was ok? I'm not entirely sure but the footage might be copyrighted by him now... also if everyone on the vid were to post their entry online what good would the compilation video be? You guys do well to say that this "might" be your entry, and to "wait and see," but it might do well to check this out with Mr. Malcolm himself first, just to make sure nobody's stepping on anyone else's toes.

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
Videos are still owned by the original producers, it says so on the copyright at the begining of the COL videos. We can use our own footage any way and anywhere we want.

I do agree that it might be a little bit wrong to post footage befor col comes out.... but it is all good...... right?

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

6,978 posts

Posted:
well, if the effect of seeing it before COL4 has got me all excited, and that the excitement occurs outside of a funeral parlour, then it's all good then

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Please

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

6,978 posts

Posted:
whoa. i can't say that i have considered the implications of free COL4 video d/l.

I guess then that anyone who's already downloaded nekabasu's video would have their interest piqued by the COL4 mention in them. If i hadn't known that COL4 existed, then I'd be wrapt that there were 35 videos of that calibre on one compilation.

For sheer convenience, high deifinition and slo-motion lushness, having it all in one tape/dvd is surely my preferred option.
what else would i want arashi's autograph on?!

addict
446 posts

Posted:
Whoa indeed. Talk about stepping on toes.

So the videos are gone. The ones who didn't see them will see them on COL4.. and the ones who saw them will buy the compilation anyway, right?!

If anybody has a lot of double staff throws on video let me know.... I'll trade a new video

Point your toes.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
beautiful throws, Nekobasu, I realy am inspired by your skills. Honestly, seeing your clips surely would make people want to see the whole col4, but Malcolm is right, if everybody posted clips, what good would it be to make a col4? And it surely spoiled some of the shock of seeing it for the first time on COL4. Anyways, I am glad you got this resolved in a good way.

I'll tell you what, as soon as I can do more double staff throws, then I will let you know.... Mr. "I can do five hundred different staff throws..." I might have six or seven throws with doubles, but you did like 20 different throws...

Anyways, I do have a few contact throws (and catches) for single staff that I am sure you can incorperate.... Maybe some day I will make another video and post it for you.... :adds to long list of unmade videos:

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
*bump*

loverly throws

I love the figure of eights at the start.

I'm assuming that because the link is stil there that its not the col 4 footage. Right?

*looks forward to buying every COL ever.*

ps, i only found this because someone anonymous was looking at it, so cheers, whoever you are.

Love is the law.

wenchamuffinBRONZE Member
10 posts

Posted:
Hey, does anyone have a copy of this video? I know it's a really old post but if I remember properly it features a partnered staff routine and I was looking for some inspiration....let me know if anyone's got it, thanks a bunch.

Things go better with a little bit of razzamatazz

wenchamuffinBRONZE Member
10 posts

Posted:
Oh damn, didn't read the whole thread, sorry everyone.

Things go better with a little bit of razzamatazz