Forums > Videos > Dio's Bonfire Video!

Login/Join to Participate

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
This video is called "Another Beginning," because it is the end of one journey for Tritone and the start of another.

A little background - Tritone and I met earlier this summer and he wanted to learn some poi. He'd been training for about a year on his own, without any other advice, examples or assistance, and was already a decent spinner, but wanted to get a little more into it and actually try it with fire. This video is from his going-away bonfire party, where we said goodbye but I was left VERY proud of the progress he'd made, and I whipped up this quick little video to show the online community his talent. This is his second burn ever, and I think he did a pretty damn good job

Also featured in this vid is Chris M, a spinner I just met that night who has some bad ass wrap skills and good fast, fluid motion. I love seeing former glowstick spinners when they do fire, it has a whole different flow in their hands.

Tritone's sporting his famous flame pants, while Chris M. is in black pants, to make the distinction. This is also the first video project I've ever done using a DV camera and the new Dazzle video encoder I installed last week. It has a lot of neat little features and I think produces higher-quality video than our current USB interface, but you guys be the judges. Keep in mind, it's my first time using the software, but there's a couple impressive tricks it can do.

Anyway, for the video ("Another Beginning"), click here:
https://www.flamingsphere.homestead.com/divxencoded.html

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
quote:
the new Dazzle video encoder
I like some of the effects it adds to the vids. Can't wait til you get back down here so we all can play with it

Ben looked good and so did Chris M.

They both have some bad ass moves.

Now if I could just find my poi....
Shuffles through belongings hoping to find poi and go practice

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
yay!!
:runs amok:
i await my bedazzlement
/stares at steaming modem..

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

ViciousVixenmember
103 posts

Posted:
Monthly bandwidth limit reached. When does this month's period end?? I want to see.

729 posts

Posted:
Monthly bandwidth resets on the 3rd of each month. August 3rd would be this coming Sunday, so by next week the website will be up again.

Which is rather odd, because we weren't even at 1/2 the limit before I posted that video, and now we've gone over limit but nobody talks about the new vid in this thread... so possibly everyone's downloading older videos instead? I haven't figured out if I can check what the downloads are on specific files or not yet.

But yeah, check it on Sunday evening or Monday morning, you'll be able to download it then.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
you can put a download tracker easilty for any file you may have available online.
the free ones don't go into too much detail, but can suffice.
please visit https://www.downloadcounter.com/
they even cured me of gout!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

729 posts

Posted:
*bump*

Page's back up.

ViciousVixenmember
103 posts

Posted:
I finally got to watch this video, Hal's first video, and Poi's Gone Wild. My brother watched PGW with me and we had a good laugh. Great job on all of them.

Charmedmember
9 posts

Posted:
good job on the vdo. it was awesome. they both have some serious skills

I'm not perfect. I'm not you. I don't want to be.