Page:
SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
Non-Commercial site I promise, although the intention is to get a load of demonstration poi video stuff up for the benefit of anyone that's interested. That is as and when I get a few hours with a site building package of some description. (My HTML and javascript skills died of death when I went into support - ubbcrying)

Errrm, got some 1st attempts at editing vids up but......the editing is real 1st attempt stuff and I'd like as much constructive feedback as possible......rather than feedback about the nonchalant poiing, poor quality shooting etc as they're getting tidied up anyway

Thanks you - hug

Oh and right click the links and select "save target", rather than just streaming it from my site.

The World Of Small . com

yes it sucks, but the genral outlay is coming together a little

The actual video links are as follows:

Fried Mushrooms - High qual 90MB - ABout 5 1/2 Mins

Fried Mushrooms - Med qual 22MB - ABout 5 1/2 Mins

N.I.P.P. House Party Video - Low Quality 20 MB-ish - Abut 9 Mins

N.I.P.P. House Party Video - Medium Quality 30 MB-ish - Abut 9 Mins

Errrrm, took a load down coz I haven't got the space.....which sucks

All need windows media 9

And maybe divx codecs

Errrm, my site seems to time people out over 60MB, so you have to download it again and it kicks off from where it left off. juggle

[ 22. October 2003, 04:41: Message edited by: SmallBoy ]

EDITED_BY: SmallBoy - x (1083963282)

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
what do i have to do!
pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez
tell me tell me tell me!

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
err the connection timmed out.
boing boing
whoop
wanna see
wanna see

DutSILVER Member
lurker
380 posts

Posted:
sir, you are definitely fired.

if you would please refer to RFC1918 : "Address Allocation for Private Internets", you would clearly see that the entire 192.168/16 block is reserved for internal addresses (like 10.*.*.*) and is not available outside your local network, at least not by that name. are you behind a router/firewall? if you can figure out what real IP address sits outside the firewall, you can redirect web (port 80) traffic from the real IP to your internal 192.168 address.

i guess if you do it quickly enough, you can have your job back. and I guess if you PM me i'll probably help, but this is your Last Warning.

--Dut

2,737 posts

Posted:
Yes OK, I suck.

After spending 3 hours trying to get to grips with the external address NAT'ing I got pissed off, a bit caned and so I've just purchased some web space and they'll mail me the details as and when they sort their lives out.

I shall return........

Edit:- I got 500MB space with 30GB bandwidth a month, so if anyone else needs something hosted, let me know.

DutSILVER Member
lurker
380 posts

Posted:
wow.. that was quick. and with an outsourced hosting solution, no less. brilliant work -- you're back on the job. glad you picked up on the dry humour bit.

i'm sorry you got caned. i always thought that was illegal in most places other than singapore. i hope they get sorted out soon, 'cause with no job myself i've got nothing to do all day but watch other people's videos and try to steal moves. and act smarmy about the bits of network tech i do know, obviously...
is 'smarmy' still a word?

--Dut

2,737 posts

Posted:
And don't take the piss out of the site, I haven't started on it yet.........

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
funny, smallboy, very funny, you actually had me believing it would be a video of three beat weaves and butterflys (the simple types). Nice moves, and shame on you for holding out on us this long.

Oh yea, the editing was good too.

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
"What was that low pitched rumbling noise?"

"Oh, that was just coleman breakiing wind"

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
For peeople not in london.
Roughly in order of appearence:
The snappiest drest spinner in town, doing sweeet BTB and split time stuff is smallboy. (no really, if you look close you'll fint that that shirt is always pressed)
The tight clean stuff is dr coleman
the built guy with the wicked posture is dizzy.
Doubles staff is Bambam
looking lovely and relaxed in the red top is small girl
then the duet, smallboy, but I don't know who that is servicing him

nice one smallboy

wicked
Glass

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Crazy videos man.

2,737 posts

Posted:
LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSH, just got in from the reclaim the beach party and had no sleep.....you guys are great.

Although Drew honey, you should have been down last night.....I has an hours footage and another video to edit - lol.........

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
SWEET!!!

Jezaddict
642 posts

Posted:
Smallboy continues to be an inspiration to us all. Good work mate.

'Happiness is liking peeing on yourself. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.'

'If *I* had a hammer, there'd be no more folk singers.'

Sir_Sheepold hand
725 posts

Posted:

Spoiling Christmas for small children since 2003.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Just downloading these moving pictures now.

an hour of RTB? I recall a camera was present and believe you may have captured some 'Drunken Dom' style spinning. Eeek!

2,737 posts

Posted:
I prefer the term "bad influence" to "inspiration"....

And stop trying to suck up to me just so you can keep a picture of my ass on your web-site -

2,737 posts

Posted:
"Drunken Dom" still outshone "sober everyone else" - x

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
will you be divxing reclaim the beach footage? (hint hint). You got some of me on there (or at least you were filming other people next to me), would love to see it.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
wicked

didn't know i was gonna be on the internet

its my first time

i have a couple of video's on the go now - one with footage from the same night and one other that's gonna take longer.
if the offer of hosting still stands i'll try and get them to ya asap - my host's server is shite.

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

2,737 posts

Posted:
Hey Flid, can't remember who you were....if you remind me what you were wearing/who you turned up with I'll see what I've got. I'm trying to get some of everyone....and I'll divx them up if I can figure out how to do it -

Cole, sorry man forgot to ask any of you if it was OK to put you on display 1st. Blatantly rude of me I know.
Errrrm, hosting space stands for anyone and everyone but I haven't worked on the site yet coz I suck

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
quote:
Hey Flid, can't remember who you were....
yea i don't think we've actually met yet, the few HoP people i know are being very inefficient at introducing me to new people

quote:
if you remind me what you were wearing/who you turned up with I'll see what I've got. I'm trying to get some of everyone....
i had black jeans and a green tshirt with a red star on. Was with Pink Poi/Pink Flags most of the night when i wasn't spinning or drooling over Knoxious's double staff skills

quote:
and I'll divx them up if I can figure out how to do it
you can convert pretty much any video format to divx using a program called Rad Video Tools, if you have the divx codec installed (www.divx.com). It's far far better quality per meg than wmv.

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Cam you've done a good job, well done honey.

Flid honey you met Small Boy at the start of the evening, although I think I might have introduced him as Cam rather than Small Boy (oooppsss me bad).

Bammy

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Thank you for the vids smallboy, liked your grooves mucho.

BamBams slinky footwork

2,737 posts

Posted:
Oooo oooo oooo, 3rd video is nearly up.....

Finished it and it is may I say "the bollocks".......

Now I just gotta squeeze it under the 2GB disk space mark -

Watch this space

2,737 posts

Posted:
It's official....:- Check the top of the thread -

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
woo hoo been itching to see this vid and its bloody bloody bloody bloody f***king fantastic !think i'll watch it again then another ten times then another ten times then just a few more......

yes i know cam its half three in the morning again oops

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

Jezaddict
642 posts

Posted:
Good work Cam, love the fire breathing
The rest was good as well!

'Happiness is liking peeing on yourself. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.'

'If *I* had a hammer, there'd be no more folk singers.'

2,737 posts

Posted:
I would have put some of your staff spinning but you're shit

Just kidding.....put down that piece of wood...nooo, noooooooooooooo (*screams*)

Naa, lots of footage was useless because idiots kept standing directly in front of me. And I tried to put some of everyone in it.

Most people that have seen it thought it could have been loads better but I thought it was still worth a watch.......

And quite a lot of me coz it's my video....

Hmmmm still haven't got any footage of me doing any contact staff -

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
It definatly could have been better under diffrent circumstances but it's still pretty crazy. BTW-you don't need a tripod you need to build yourself a steadicam.

DutSILVER Member
lurker
380 posts

Posted:
man, i'm SO glad that your server supports resume. RESUME, i tell you! after 2 hours... wicked awesome videos, too. RTB reminds me a lot of drum circles in New Orleans.. except with a lot of sticks, and no drums really. looks like i'll be picking those devil sticks back up, too. =)

-- Dut, like 99% happy.

Page: