Page:
DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
Dio was nagging me to start a new thread on this, so here it is. (note:you will need the DivX codec or player to view them, available free at www.divx.com) I will also post a guide to viewing internet media in the help section of this site.

https://www.flamingsphere.homestead.com/divxencoded.html

these things are my pet project. If anybody comes up with new varriations, please post them here. And any discusion or questions you have, I will be more than happy to do my best to answer them.

[ 11. March 2003, 13:00: Message edited by: santanatrue ]

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
"quicktime does not have software needed to play this file. unfortunately, it is not available on the quicktime server."

i have downloaded quicktime and real player, but i don't know, all i see is white. maybe i don't have a soundcard or something, but this computer plays spinner, so i think it does. AAAAAARGH!!!!!

now you see why i haven't posted cool stuff for everybody. i can take a picture with my digital camera that i found in the trash. that's about it.

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

King LouieJungle V.I.P.
19 posts

Posted:
Cousin Louie swings in...

I have viewed the video, mancub.

I like the butterfly hyperloop varient where you turn round 180, novel.

But I think that your planes are dreadful, really messy and I think you're timing has a lot of room for improvement. It's almost, Enough to put me off ever wanting to try hyperloops.

And I like the double arm stop (30sec in) good idea.

But, I don't think that you pay any attention to your breathing when you spin.

And this one is a very personal thing, but I don't like the way that you move, I think that you look like a monkey when you dance. Maybe you need a mirror, or you could put that camera to good use.

I'm just a big old orange orang-utan, but I reckon that I would have prefered it if you'd posted a video of clean simple moves, rather than messy airwraps. and I think that to make the bottom link from the website "Hyperloop Master" is, well ... I don't like it....When someone names themself a master, that is seldom what others percieve them to be ....

Or didn't you want honest opinion

Have you ever tried swinging in trees? now thats real swinging.

Cousin Louie

Just one Little question....
Can anyone tell me the secret of mans red fire?

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
I get the same thing if I just click the link. The computer wants to automaticaly open it with the wrong player. You should go to DivX and get their player, and install on ("open") your computer. Then, go to my web site and save the video file by right clicking on it (right click on "hyperloop master") Then click "save target as..." and save it to your hard drive. Then open the DivX player, and click the button on the top left of the player to get the menu and then click on "open" and select the file you want to play "DanHyperloops1_NEW.avi" you may need to browse around a little to get to where you saved it.

It will play just fine it you do that.

you can also look at my treatis on the subject in the help section on hop, (if you are a glutton for punishment via long winded technical descriptions ), which judging from your presence on the jedi thread, you should have no problem with

If you do the proceedure exactly as I just described, then you should have no problems.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
nice big ass file dude, i like will get back to you with coments not quite as personal and picky as some one here. gimme 1 hour to download it.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
I purposely do three different planes in a butterfly hyperloop . I will break down the video as I should have already done.

3 X "corkscrew character butterfly hyperloop"

1 X inside hyperloop with isolation exit

2 X isolation (right hand and poi head orbit eachother, with "center of chain" as center of rotation

1 X regular butterfly hyperloop

2 X corkscrew character butterfly hyperloop

1 X regular butterfly hyperloop

1 X hyperloop weave double handcuff wrap

1 X crappy hyperloop weave double wrap leg arm

1 X almost good hyperloop weave double wrap leg arm

2 X inside hyperloop weave with crappy exit on last one.

1 X failed exit on regular butterfly hyperloop

1 X corscrew character butterfly hyperloop

1 X normal butterfly hyperloop

2 X 360 normal butterfly hyperloop

closeup

2 X normal butterfly hyperloop

1 X 360 butterfly hyperloop

1 X normal butterfly hyperloop

zoom out

1 X normal bh

1 X 360 bh

2 X normal bh

1 X 360 bh

2 X corkscrew character butterfly hyperloop

2 X in front windmill hyperloop pop out thingy
(last one is a little sloppy)

Dear Cousin Louie,

Thank you for your honesty.

As to the timing issue, if I didn't have the timing right, I wouldn't be able to do them so I don't see how I could have the timing wrong. The SLIGHTEST error in timing results in a tangle. unless you are talking about my body movement, in which case I can deffinitly improve.

I know I have problems with letting my mouth hang open. I hate it, it drives me crazy when I watch myself twirling, mouth wide open, gapping like an idiot. I am so new to hyperloops yet I must leave all my focus to them, and not worry about looks yet. In fact I pay absolutly NO attention to my breathing (not just in hyperloops). It is a problem sometimes. I have even forgot to breath befor for long periods of time, like when I play piano and I am getting way into it, making stuff up as I go. It makes my timing get messed up when I do that (and then I notice it). And then I end up gasping for air. It is all because my attention focuses completely on the movements, and I have no room in my mind to worry about breathing. I may someday fix that probalem (I hope).

The monkey thing. It has been a long time since somebody has paid me that big of a complement. One of my nicknames is in fact "monkey boy" and I stand proudly by it. I even do "drunken monkey kung fu" I can speak fluent chimpanzee as well.

I didn't mean to be dancing, must have been the music I was listening to. I want to be able to dance some day. Sage can dance. I am still working being able to dance and spin at the same time.

I have no clean, simple moves in my new videos.
But, if you want clean, simple moves, HOP has plenty in the tutorial section

I did not name myself "master". That is a title given to me by my friends, just like sanatana and monkey boy. "wrap master funk" is what my fire troop calls me, I did not give myself that name. I am much to humble for such things. I did give John his name though "Jedi White" (rhymes with "jedi knight" and he it a white boy with some seriouse skillz)
I did name the video as such, but mearly because I have never seen anybody else who does as many different types of such things (one day I hope to see Arashi's stuff) A hyperloop is a form of a wrap, therefor my troop title is still valid for this video. hence hyperloop master (wrap master). see?

As a matter of fact, I grew up swinging in trees (hence the name "monkey boy") Drove my parents crazy with worry.

Thanks for your honesty Cousin Louie. It is nice to hear somebody speaking their mind and not just blowing sunshine up into places where it shouldn't

Peace

P.S. PK ,should I have posted a warning as to the file size? Without your video compresion settings it was coming in at a whopping 60 MB after compresion. !!! Now it is down to about 15 MB I think.

[ 29. January 2003, 10:55: Message edited by: santanatwo ]

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
okay when i try to open the divxcodec to make my computer say hi it says unable to perform and shuts down the operation. i guess that's my problem because i can't decompress shit. i got the computer to understand the divx, but not the divxcodec. does that make any sense, cuz i sure don't get it... they are different, right?
and when i try to play it in another player, like real or windows media, it still doesn't work. compressor, down, i need a sumo wrestler to sit on this thing.

-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
here is the latest... this comes up under "debug" when it shuts me down...

DIVX PLAYER 2 executed an invalid instruction in
module DIVX PLAYER 2.0 ALPHA.EXE at 015f:0066dc48.
Registers:
EAX=01bf5abc CS=015f EIP=0066dc48 EFLGS=00010206
EBX=01a8f9e8 SS=0167 ESP=043bfa1c EBP=043bfa90
ECX=01aa6fe4 DS=0167 ESI=008385e0 FS=57a7
EDX=01aacd60 ES=0167 EDI=00000000 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
0f e7 40 10 81 c2 04 00 00 00 0f e7 50 18 05 20
Stack dump:
043bfaa0 00000000 00000000 007c6628 00830083 80808080 80808080 00830083 00830083 01000100 01000100 00830083 00830083 01000100 01000100 008385e0

there see how that makes your cookies cook all crispy, man, crispy

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
what O/S are you running? what media player are you using? do you think i can help you?

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
quote:
One of my nicknames is in fact "monkey boy" and I stand proudly by it. I even do "drunken monkey kung fu" I can speak fluent chimpanzee as well.
You forgot to mention the red arse

Louie got any critique for my performance? I could always use some input...

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
Try reloading divX again. If that fails, try running it through windows media player. If that fails, try getting an updated windows media player. They are available free at the microsoft web site. There are things called plugings that windows media player can use. For some reason my windows media player can now play DivX, I don't know why, but it might be because I updated my windows media player.

Type this into a search engine

windows media update

and get the latest version for free.

tiamat_22580I will kill all mods
210 posts

Posted:
awesome vid, i dont think i could ever fully complete that many hyperloops in succesion

¿

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
Thanks TIAMAT , don't be to hard on yourself though, all it takes is lots of practice and a little inspiration, and a little luck. You must supply the practice .

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
well i think i figured it out, i don't have enough ram on this computer to run divx. short by 10 megs. and i have the windows updates now and no dice. i get the pretty screen interactive blob when i play the vid on that. i'm on windows 98, and i'm REALLY starting to understand why everybody hates windows. oh well, i'll just have to wait and go do it on the same computer i did glass' video on. they say patience is a virtue. thanks for trying, though.

[ 30. January 2003, 07:55: Message edited by: arashi ]

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
there is a whole big thing now about digital media, it is suposed to be more easily accessable to every one, simple to use and most of all simple to create.
looks at adobe premiere cough*
to create these videos for you guys takes us some time and effort, in this new age of plug and play bollocks which it is.
i got a fire wire card to replace my old analogue tv in card, i got some software with it, it doesnt let me record the footage on my DV when i play it through my camcorder, how shite. luckily windows xp has windows movie maker. so if i want to make a video for the net, i have to take the footage from my cam through movie maker, on average the video's i made the other day, aprox 10 seconds in length were 24mb in size. right that sound shite to you?,
right, there are numerous compression codecs availiable for adobe premier, most all ready installed with the program.
so if i add the clip i want to play with and edit, i do it here. then i have to process the footage and find the best way to compress, divX is very good, real media and windows media compressions are total crap and not worth creating,
right, so we have the origional clip at 24mb... process it through premier with divX we now have a clip at 700kb, much more accessable, downloadable and most of all watchable.
here's the problem not every one has a top specifiaction PC or Mac, or has the knolwedge with digital media to make these files run, it is a simpe task which we have stated above and in the thread santanatwo made in the help section. following these steps should make these clips work.

one thing that you can try arashi and that is to shut any other programs down, so that a that all your PC is running is the video file and media player, therefore should have enough availiable memory to run them.

my system is not briiant as my motherboard is pretty dead.
i have an athlon amdk5 motherboard, 500mb processor, 128mb RAM and a 10 gig HDD. voodoo banshee grafix card, standard sound card, and a 17 inch compaq monitor.
i was running 382mb of RAM untill my motherboard shorted out two of my RAM slots and cards.
but my system isnt the best in the world and pretty bog standard, but enought to run video softwares with out any problems.

the thing with win98 is that its totally shite, win xp has its faults too, but it depends on how much you know about your system and its flaws, to configuer your system properly takes a long time.
i run windows 98 and xp on the same hard drive with no problem, but i will never go back to 98 full time for internet use, as there are too many flaws within the operating system itself, you are not secure on the net, i, if i wish to open up a folder on my desktop could access your computer with no problems. net security is a big thing and no one is going to ever be safe, but thats the risks we take by coming here, i am not a malicious person and would never unleash any thing i have aquired in my time, i wish it not done to me, but i have the capabillities and thats all.

so basically all that i am trying to get accross is that you need to configure any programs fully for their intended purpose and most certainly your operating system.

i make a quarnetee that any thing i upload is virus free, i have a very good anti virus program that i double check my files as well as my system on a daily basis.
if you need anti virus software which i recomend you should have if your downloading files from the net you may find one here for free AVG anti virus software and it includes boot sector virus detection on power up.

so proving that system requirements are bollocks, its configureation time.

windows media player 7 has been availiable now for over 2 years, i used to run it on win98, its availiable from microsoft not a hugh file, but worth downloading, i much prefer to run realplayer one gold, which i would be glad to upload for any one wishing to download it [8.5mb] i can also upload any divx installation files to my server for download. if this will make things easier for you guys ese there is no point in us doing this for you.
i have dial up but my ISP doesnt disconnect me ever so i can upload big files with a bit of time. so if you want the programs let me know and i can get right on to it.

peace and love
PK

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
What? You prefer real player? That's the craziest thing ive ever heard. For what reasons?

Also windows 2000 is your best bet. I would take 98 over XP.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i just prefere real one gold, real player the older versions are horrid. and i am not keen on media player 7 personally.
if i could get win2000 i would but i dont know any one with it apart from glass.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
any way back on topic:

man i loved that video, you've put some effort in to those hyperloops, i love the butterly variations and it looks to me like you style has improved imensly since col3.

still i do not follow the whole hyper loop stuff, but its nice to see what i have been missing.

cheers for posting them man, much respect to you.

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
They look wicked man.
Very funky.

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
thanks guys. I promise to put some better videos up sometime soon. The hyperloop one currently up is more of a tutorial, than an actual video. I can do some of them a little smoother now too, and with fire, and actually dancing. ***(at least my version of dancing I don't know if some of sage's style of movement (AKA belly dancing, or "pelvis Elvis") looks good with me doing it, but I am trying))*** I got a good run with fire a couple nights ago, so I think I will replace or augment the current hyperloops video soon.

I have been missing out on a lot of stuff because of my current devotion to developing hyperloops, so I am looking forward to seeing what everybody else has been working on for COL4

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by santanatwo:
I have been missing out on a lot of stuff because of my current devotion to developing hyperloops, so I am looking forward to seeing what everybody else has been working on for COL4
cant give out any more move idea's then the date is fast aproaching.

i have visions of the next video looking like this, oads of wacky poi hyperloops, you dressed in camo, hole cut out for that beer belly [new hyperloop belly dance move], wearing sandals and cowboy hat... am i on target? or just taking the piss.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
Wow, your good! Right on target with everything except for the cowboy hat. I lost my cowboy hat in the forest while I was deer hunting, damn wolves, but that is another (true) story

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
can we have a whip round for a new hat for dan? he can do his flicks with out a hat or it just wont look right in my head any more and i may get nightmares.

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Yay, thanks for the inspiration, got the basic butterfly hyperloop down, now I need to get it smoother. Quite easy to keep going though for a few beats. Now to get the backwards one going...

"Moo," said the happy cow.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
ooooo, backwards, haven't tried that one yet, but i've seen it done, followed up with a double arm wrap (an one arm). And extra beats from a butterfly hyperloop: its quite easy (has to be on the outside). all you have to do it move your hands up and down a few times to keep it going.

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Yes, but you do end up looking kind of like a chicken while keeping it going, lol

"Moo," said the happy cow.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
cluck.....cluck.....cluck :flaps elbows:

pHoTiKrBOImember
27 posts

Posted:
wow thats freaking awesome i could never dream of moves like that.....

and...is it possible to do those with glowsticks on strings? i dbout it.....

pHoTiK kReW!!!!!

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
Haven't tried it yet. my glowstick harness have three glowsticks, so no, that wouldn't work, but I see no reason why a glowstick on a string wouldn't work the same as a ball on a chain. It would be more difficult maybe, because of the lack of weight, but the light string might make up for it.....

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
I thought several of the "New Moves" (air wraps, isolations, hyperloops) originated with glowstick spinning? Correct me if I'm wrong here

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

Page: