Forums > Social Chat > Malcom, Why are you making everyone register now?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Ignis Devocomember
67 posts

Posted:
I noticed I tried posting some stuff under my regular first name and could not unless I registered..Why are you making everyone register now??DoniaIgnis Devoco Industrial Fire Circuswww.ignisdevoco.com"Where there is sorrow, I seek the flame."Rumi

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
i had longer hair back then
:howls at moon:

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

SNOOPoiCarpal \'Tunnel
3,380 posts

Posted:
i don't see the problem with registering... it cut out a lot of crap... people can only be arsed to register if they wanna learn and stuff. smile

THWACK!!!!
Liz_Ard: Ouch!
SNOOPoi: Thats just not the sound of someone doing it right!

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
hah, I laugh at this dude.

It's not as if the computer is scanning your ruddy retina everytime you log on..

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Written by: SNOOPoi

people can only be arsed to register if they wanna learn and stuff. smile

Not strictly true. If you look at the "Who's online" section, you see a lot of anon. users checking out move threads and the free lessons shrug

As for retina scanning, I know lotsa people (my stepdad one of them) who are totaly paranoid about cookies (sorta like an online fingerprint), and forumns tend to run on those...
EDITED_BY: Fine_Rabid_Dog (1125489177)

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
But at the same time, the forum has to work somehow. I guess the choice was keep using the forum and brave a cookie (gasp) or stop using the forum. For one thing, this is a commercial website, not an online cyber-commune thingummy. Malcom has to keep it nice because it's part of his commercial enterprise. And for another, so far the vast majority support this move. So yeah, however you want to think of it, the people who were "put out" by this move had only their interests at heart, not the interests of this community as a whole. So tongue to them.

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

Page: