Forums > Videos > Wildfire Entertainment of Oklahoma VIDEOS!

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
We needed a video thread of our own, so here it is

We just put up a new video on our site, click
here

The latest video is our Team Compilation and lemme tell ya, we're pretty happy with it. It's [31 MB] in size, so it may take a moment or two to download. You'll notice right away that we used a popular tune, but it's cuz I believe there wasn't enough fire spinning in the original video and the music is just too good to pass up

Hope you guys enjoy!

[ 09. March 2003, 15:19: Message edited by: Dio ]

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i agree with drew [glass] totally you can go way beyond nicks standard, i think from the site that video is like probably a year od now, but nothing is posted about a new video which is a shame, i'd like to see his progression.

as regards to compression, i hate the wmv files as windows media player is only able to view these, its not a problem but i prefere to watch my files in real one gold. i just dislike mediaplayer.
divX can compress to what ever you want to get out of the video, by increasing the audio can add 20-30mb to you output file size... pretty pointless, 8,000 should do fine it doesnt need to be super high quaity. but compressing the visual can chop frames, you need to leave frames as WMV cuts too many out but moviemaker 2 has more options if you want a basic movie package.
i import through firewire which are cheap as .... , into movie maker 2 and then import for editing and batch processing in adobe premiere 6.
what we did with rubbish and coffee was to make them on a imac with imovie and export to camcorder where i ran the whole finished article through premiere to divX them, yeah coffee was on the large size but i was experimenting on the audio side hence the 83mb, but at least i know now for the next one. rubbish needed large audio as the track was poor quality as a copy from the origional cd hence you can hear that noise in the back ground.

cant wait to see epic No 2 dio.

729 posts

Posted:
My bad on the terminology... you boys and all your newfangled jargon

What I meant to say was "Lock Outs."

My bad, me later.

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
It's the holy grail of any single burn caught on video.

Sure there is better but if it's on video then someone is holding out on us and I want to see it!

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
PK compress audio using MP3 compression get very small. keep quality.

Astar: if it was a holy grail you wouldn't have seen it. plus Have you seen PK's fire on the bridge video ("pk01") and "ghost part 2".
very simmilar chilled spinning. mmmm

yea, for a start, I'm holding out on you.
Don't even ask. not yet.

[ 28. February 2003, 14:26: Message edited by: glass ]

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Yeah I saw both of those. very nice. But the nick video is just so super smooth it's crazy.

DaiTenshimember
104 posts

Posted:
/me goes back to watching PRIDE fights

No one knows me like I do.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
stomps feet on the ground and demands a glass production. gimme gimme gimme.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by glass:
Don't even ask. not yet.
as my neighbour's two-year old boy says; 'why?'

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

729 posts

Posted:
ALLLLL RIGHTY!

The MeatFest highlight video is up on our site
https://www.flamingsphere.homestead.com

Check under "Brand New Videos" as usual, and it should be up!

A few bits of info just as a warning -
1) Our website provider limits our file size and bandwidth consumption, so we pretty much can only have one video up at a time. This isn't a big deal, but we are going to have to rotate them to conserve space until we can find a better provider. Check the notice on the page for more information.
2) In the MeatFest video... well, there's a Drag Queen juggler at the beginning. If this sort of thing offends you, wait until you develop a sense of humor before watching the video
3) Yes, it's dark. We couldn't help that, but the quality of spinning is still nice and you can make out the person's movements, if not their details.
4) This one's also around 30MB, just like the last one.
5) This is the very first public performance for three of our new spinners (the first 3 on the video) so please be encouraging and point out the great stuff they do!

Enjoy!

[Edit]
Oh yeah, this is also the first appearance of Blinky the super-stick. He is my own design and I'm very proud of him, what does everyone else think?

[ 04. March 2003, 04:41: Message edited by: Dio ]

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
Blinky may be cool now, but just wait until I make his big brother...."super tri blinky two"

oozzing with tons of flashing psychedelic color goodness!

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

729 posts

Posted:
Gonna need to borrow my soldering iron and hot glue gun Dan?

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
yes please...and some wire, and some leds....well, I guess I'd better go to the store and get a circute board if I want it to do more than just stay on...But me-sa just-a poor white boy, an ah might just want to do it cheaply. so just stay on might be all

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
Meatfest:
It didn't do anything for me.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
didn't figure it would.... pleasing you is going to be more difficult than the average bear.

I figure it will take quite a bit more than a newbie video to get the G man in a tizzle

soooooooooooo (extra o's stollen from spores)

I will attempt to cure your lack of excitement via my next video. I promise nothing less than kick ass moves, smooth dancing, great editing, and a solid sound track, or my name isn't Willy Makit. er, I mean, or my name isn't Seamore Buts. I mean, or my name isn't......What's my name? I am confused now. :checks own profile, Oh yes, or my name isn't santanadanthemanwiththemasterplan

NickCMonkey Wrangler
183 posts

Posted:
Downloading now. Will post thought soon.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
P.S. Team compilation was mostly put together by me, music was Dio's addition.

Meatfest was mostly Dio's brainchild.

and then next one? we shall see.

DaiTenshimember
104 posts

Posted:
Ah, what fun that night was ^_^

I was hoping you would include the "use of condoms" segment of the talent show, like at the end or soemthing, just a little bit o' hilarity.

Anywho, yeah, I'm the first one to dance, with the bright pants. How'd I do?

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
Any ass in this video?

`1% and counting....

NickCMonkey Wrangler
183 posts

Posted:
I think there's some ass that's right up your alley at the beginning, Peekay. Also, I agree with glass.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
5%

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i'm just gonna kick back and watch this time.
7% blasted dial up.

the only thing that will get drew entertained, is me running round in a dress and being set alight after getting a dousing of kero.

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
I liked the intro. That's a pretty good idea for a juggling act. Tell the person to learn to walk more like a woman though, and learn the mannerisms of a woman and stuff.

The rest is ok. I like the blinky staff.

DaiTenshimember
104 posts

Posted:
Not part of group, barely know him.

This was a college event we danced for, we are in no way affiliated with the drag queens ^_^, so can't really pass along advice to them.

Though I doubt he's interested in moving more like a woman

For future video projects: would it be more entertaining if Iwas got piss roaring drunk, set on fire, and then attempted to do some kung-fu forms? Cause I'll do it!!! >_<

Actually..... hmmm, maybe not such a bad idea, though more along the lines of laced up with glowey stuff and surrounded by black lights.... maaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe

Why in a few weeks I'll even be able to get the necessary booze by myself, yay 21!

Sure do love these emotocons take that astar take that Dio! TAKE THAT TENSH- wait a second.... I almost never spank myself in public

/me goes and watches his cat beat the crap out of a plant that, obviously, had it comming.

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Honestly I don't like the kicks and stuff in this and the other video.

It reminds me when I was 6 and playing "ninja turtles" on the playground.

DaiTenshimember
104 posts

Posted:
"and stuff"? Cause there's only one guy in there doing lots of kicks and one other guy who does one decent butterfly kick (though you can barely tell since ya can't see his legs).

So what's "and stuff"?

And yeah, I've kinda wanted to say something bout santana's kicks every once in a while.

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
In the other video there was a couple of kicks.

Im not sure where the "and stuff" came from. I tend to randomly attach it to things I say.

PS-Im all for fancy kicks executed smoothly. It's just the kicks im talking about in the video look like something elvis presley would do.

[ 04. March 2003, 16:44: Message edited by: Astar ]

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
thankya, thank-a-very-much, whoa, momma! :wiggles hips: "I ain't nuthin but a houn-dog, cryin all the time!"

[ 05. March 2003, 03:53: Message edited by: santanatrue ]

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
not enough ass.

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
HERE YOU GO PK!!!

BUTT SHOT

err, uh, wiat a minute.... that guy has NO BUTT!!!

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

MeenikSAPPHIRE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
Eek!

Hey, that's me in the Nick With Fire video. No wonder my ears are burning.

I appreciate the input, but I agree with Glass: It's no holy grail, yet. . That was less than a year into my fire-spinning love affair, not including past lives.

It's been over a year and a half since we filmed that. I've been working hard since, so everything's bumped up a couple levels. I still consider myself to be a Jedi Movement School toddler, though. Grade two, I figure. I Can't wait to get to Grade Three! (That's when you get to play on the big kid's swing.)

The good news: A bunch of us are getting together to film for the video contest, and we'll be posting clips in a couple of weeks. Should I drop a line here when they're up?

On the tech tip: The best thing you can do for good quality at high compression is to film everything with a tripod. The less the camera moves, the less the background moves, the easier it is for your computer to compress the video. We're going to put the new videos up in both .WMV and Quicktime, and maybe .Avi as well.

I'm pretty excited. You'll love the footage of Big Fire Steve. He's been my main accomplice in fire for almost two years. It's like watching a really graceful mountain spin fire.

Peace,

Nick

"They're interdimensional fractal intelligences. That's why they wear funny shoes."

Page: ...