Forums > Videos > Wildfire Entertainment of Oklahoma VIDEOS!

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
We needed a video thread of our own, so here it is

We just put up a new video on our site, click
here

The latest video is our Team Compilation and lemme tell ya, we're pretty happy with it. It's [31 MB] in size, so it may take a moment or two to download. You'll notice right away that we used a popular tune, but it's cuz I believe there wasn't enough fire spinning in the original video and the music is just too good to pass up

Hope you guys enjoy!

[ 09. March 2003, 15:19: Message edited by: Dio ]

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

rftekmember
101 posts

Posted:
hell yeah yall! i just got done watching POW & m2abooty2. very nice. i'll have to watch em again tmrw to ask questions about a few things, i decided to watch em real quick.. and i had sworn off the internet for tonight!! so anyways. props. keep up the good work. peace

matt

edit sidebar: i read my reply and realized i said props twice in the same paragraph. hmm. how did props come to mean respect anyways?

cedemember
42 posts

Posted:
just dl booty 2...i'm on dial up and have had no prob, i have all the vids that are available anyway...most of them take about an hour and a half and they never time out on me

booty 2...woah this was really good stuff...who is the person spinning first in the video? i love his style...seriously spinnin poi or thinking about spinning poi takes up a good 20% of my day, and i can not even comprehend most of his moves...i'm sure it's prolly him just switching it up constantly so that you can't figured out what move he is doing before he is already finished with the move aafter, but i love that...it makes it so much more like art and less tech looking...good job who ever it is

posi vegan straight edge

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by rftek:
edit sidebar: i read my reply and realized i said props twice in the same paragraph. hmm. how did props come to mean respect anyways?
Dunno... short for "proper respect" maybe?

"Moo," said the happy cow.

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
Just got the booty 2 vid, nice work! The person at the beginning is Jedi White, I think. His footage on CoL2 has probably inspired me more than anyone else I've seen! I just hope my spinning looks half as good as his!

Oh, and the arse wrap

J

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

cedemember
42 posts

Posted:
jedi white, he's the one skating vert while spining in col 3 right?...man i need to go practice hehe

posi vegan straight edge

Lixtrimmember
32 posts

Posted:
You can send the vids to me by ICQ and I can put the on a sever here in sweden...

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
1. yes, that is jedi white

2. Lixtrim, I would love to have more bandwidth and storage space? How much can you help us with? I sent you an email, let me know. OK?

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

DaiTenshimember
104 posts

Posted:
Man, dat crazy wind, it blew out one end of my staff so I ended up pretending I knew wushu spear stuff ^_^

Can I get any comments on that, people? Happen to other staffers? Tricks to try?

No one knows me like I do.

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
LOL ...; my puter is really a piece of absolutely impossible to view ANY of your videos ... yuck yuck yuck...pout pout pout... grumpy grumpy grumpy

shine on
cass

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Taniwhamember
138 posts

Posted:
AGRRRRRRRRRhhhhhhhhhh

Error ID = 0xC00D1198, Remedy ID = 0x00000000

Caaa nnntt gggeee tt t vvviiddeeo

Its all just smoke and mirrors

Taniwhamember
138 posts

Posted:
I fixed it YEA!

Anyway, if u get the above id error, then u need to turn off all your files in windows media playa, ie open playa, goto tools, options, file types, and un-tick everything. then download, then re-tick everthing.

KnoxiousGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
Yeah...cool vid...needs more than the girl and the not-a-girl shankin' their respective booties to be called Booty though...maybe I need to download the first one.
Go the ninja stylee
I rate bum wraps...although that guy did them lots...I think that was for his pleasure more than ours ha ha
If yer gonna "copy" a move from Rob so blatantly...why not do it with a new twist? just a suggestion from the peanut gallery...
I rate Jedi White...
I rate double wrist wraps!
I rate the unashamed shakin' of da booty!
No rate for hastily edited contact staff...
BTW...Meenik's vid is ****ing rad. It is still one of the nicest spins (be that single spin caugh ton vid or whatever) I've seen.
Sorry to the posse who are stuck in tech world, don't miss the point in what looks good (me not a rater of the hyperloop as an asthetic move).

*I now carefully back out of the fray to avoid being slaughtered by the crazy poi mob*

729 posts

Posted:
Announcing a new video for Santana/DJ Dantana specifically... his new exhibition vid demonstrates a lot of his moves he'd like to share with the poi community at large... many of these are advanced moves, check em out on our site (posted above repeatedly)

Taniwhamember
138 posts

Posted:
FFFAAAAAKKKK that is some PHAT shit man. I love it, thank u Santana. That has cleared up lots of issues in my head.

Thanks to all u other guys 2, dio etc real cool.

729 posts

Posted:
We had a little webspace left so I used the leftovers from our last filming session to post a new video of myself... the last one was from over 6 months ago and I've gotten a little more skilled since then It's called "Fire Poi 2" and is under my header. Enjoy!

Also made a new Bio image for myself, what do you guys think?

[image]https://photos.digital-psyche.com/dbimage.php?dbimg=67[/image]

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
I thought that looked familiar

p.s. thanks guys

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
hey dio, see you finaly got to use that soundtrack you've been wanting to use

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
bump

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
we got realy board and ended up putting together some "REALY" old footage to make a video. there is a little more in it that just spinning. We will have it uploaded tommorow. it is called "children at play".

We also hope to have a "purpose built" spinning video out soon. soon as we get the crew together again...

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
purpose built?

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
a new video?!?!
GADZOOKS!
christmas doth comes but twice a year!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
you guys always bring a smile to my face and a warm glow to my heart.

purpose build: actually script and direct a video, as opposed to randomly putting together video clips.

I have a few ideas which will remain secret untill they are published (don't get to open these christmas presents yet )

If I can get a
hold of dai tenchi today I will get the new video uploaded tonight.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
drum roll please..... ok ok don't get your expectations too high, we are still working on the feature presentation. But, here is the "children at play" video, https://flamingsphere.homestead.com/files/childrenatplaybig.WMV
it is only about 1/2 spinning. The rest is well, how shall we say?.... "different" you'll see. Let me know if the link is working...

We got about half the footage neccisary for the "feature presentation", we might have it done in a couple days or so, I'll keep you posted. We are mostly just lacking a hot asian girl (or reasonable faxcimilie there-of) who can spin, to complete the storyline... but untill then....Enjoy!

6,978 posts

Posted:
joo are prolific!!
many thanks for the killa trance, bud!!
ohh TELL me they're fake spiders!

"Man is most nearly himself when he achieves the seriousness of a child at play."
-Heraclitus

[ 11. June 2003, 02:00: Message edited by: bender™ ]

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
yea, um, sure, fake, yes, that's it, fake...

don't worry, they were all set free after the making of the film....

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
I liked the part with the really long staff. Otherwise it's mostly stuff ive already seen on the other videos (im guessing you aimed for some sort of compilation video)

Nice song to.

Also when you film fire breathing get the person to
turn left or right to the camera or breath straight up.

[ 11. June 2003, 07:25: Message edited by: Astar ]

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
Mostly stuff from other videos? No, you are mistaken. I only used a few seconds of spider footage, and it wasn't a segment that had been used before, and I did use some of "Dai Tenchi's" footage from the "Meat Fest" since that was just about the only stuff I had for him, (we filmed more stuff last night though). there was only about 30 seconds of this that was used in a previouse video (but that video is no longer available on line, we only had it up for a week or two), the rest has never been seen befor. I used it as a chance to show some of the new people we have spinning with us, as well as some members of a troup in tulsa (fire cult). Don't worry though, I "found" a Japanese girl who can perform for the next video. :crosses fingers: I hope I hope I hope

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
Ok, 36 seconds of rerun from Dai tenchi footage. The 8 seconds of spider footage is no the same segment as used on a previouse video, there is a centipeed and no grasshopper.

6,978 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Dantana:
Don't worry though, I "found" a Japanese girl who can perform for the next video. :crosses fingers: I hope I hope I hope
heya dantana, this had better be legal!!
:shakes finger:
heh heh luv ya work, dude!

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
eeerm.
could you put a disclaimer on the face-down firebreathes please..... know too many injured people and i don't want anyone copying that.

your bit was lovely...but not enough light. it's a problem i often have and i bin probably half my nearly useable footage because o it.... pleeeaaaase cause i want to see more danness...

ta

pm on its way in a day or so

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

Page: ...