Forums > Videos > video clips of me ...

Login/Join to Participate

rftekmember
101 posts

Posted:
hey yall, if your interested i just posted some clips of me at https://people.tamu.edu/~mtw3530/
follow the video link. bleh, these are ok. not enough transitions. some interesting things, i get stuck short chainin sometimes and forget to lenghten back out. let me know what you think if you watch em. thanks, peace.

oh, WMV format (windows media player), ~250kb each, 20sec clips.

NothingsPerfectmember
79 posts

Posted:
Hey, nice clips. Those were some crazy short strings, lol. Nice wrap/unwrap into BF/TTN in vids 4 and 7. If you learn to isolate those buzzsaws your routine would look even more nuts. Keep up the good work etc.

~And when the day arrives I'll become the sky, and I'll become the sea, and the sea will come to kiss me for I am going home. Nothing can stop me now.~

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
excelent!

Nice to see somebody who can flow.

And when you said "short chain" I didn't think you ment THAT short

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Short chained poi or long chained liquid?

Good stuff man. Thanks for making it windows media player.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

ZoltarBRONZE Member
Beginner
282 posts

Posted:
Damn they are short chains

So much fire, so little body hair...

BlackFireJackmember
167 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by rftek:
i get stuck short chainin sometimes and forget to lenghten back out. let me know what you
short chains is a good thing and I'm glad to see someone that can do them as well as you.....but ..yes I'm afraid there is a but,
I am a big fan of variation and if you make the
'short as h,....' poi moves a part of the 'normal' poi and full arm moves (saw you do them greatly). your flow and real understanding of the art is enough to make your fireshow Brilliant...
You do have a good flow....

And I would like to say that I do know that it was 20 second videos and that your performance was influenced by that....(or what we see anyway)
And I'm sure that a 'full fire show' video of you would be great..............

good job mate

I like Fire.. :)

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
I have never been a fan of short chains untill now. Very very nice. Your long chain spinning is good to. Very good dancing combined with poi (as strange as it seems for these things to be seperate)

Edit:I think maybe the key to short chains is for them to be really absurdly hand-burningly short like yours. Which reminds me are you wearing gloves to keep the heat off?

[ 21. March 2003, 13:27: Message edited by: Astar ]

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
yeeeehaw, it's a rodeo! rftek is finally out of the lurky corner!
good to see you out here on the front lines, dood!
i told you guys he rocked. sorry rftek, don't want to make you feel on the spot, you just have a lot of talent and potential and i want you to see that.
now people can finally see an ickle bit of austin style . but even here, rftek is pushing the ultra short poi boundaries. the only person i know with chains (usually) shorter than mine!

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

rftekmember
101 posts

Posted:
wow, thanks for the positive response guys. i love my chains, can you tell?

i can't thank you enough for the kind words. dance like no ones watching!

astar: i am wearing gloves, they do help keep the heat off. the equally important reason is the ballchain kept cutting my thumb&forefinger when i would do firewheels/etc. that and i've had some of that nickel (??) plating flake off and get shoved into my thumbs. ouch!!

nothingsperfect,santana,NYC,zoltar,jackelero: thanks for the feedback guys, home of poi is such a resource for me. the other video threads are really amazing. i'm bad about lurking and not talking much.

arashi: stop it, i'm blushing! see yah soon. i'm bringing a camera next time foo! are you down with some video?

ChorinBRONZE Member
217 posts

Posted:
v nice clips those really are some short chains

Dilbert's Words of Wisdom -
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow is not looking good either!
You are slower than a herd of turtles stampedeing through peanut butter!

Oh yeah.... Don't tell the ants

Dream Tripmember
10 posts

Posted:
short chains man, but hey, ur awesome with them keep up the sweetness man.... ps... want me to design a better website for u? lol

rftekmember
101 posts

Posted:
dream trip: yeh, my site design sucks. it's all about the content.

is mckinney,tx near mckinney falls?

Dream Tripmember
10 posts

Posted:
i believe so... not sure tho.

but i'm serious... if u want me to, i'll redesign a hole new website for you, no charge man

rftekmember
101 posts

Posted:
dreamtrip: thanks for the offer. i'm open to hear suggestions on site design! it's fugly as hell, but it's MY fugly ass site. you know how it is. i really use it more as a webbased links holder than anything. ; ) it's not like i tell people about it! *bump*

do you have any sites up you've designed?

matt

Dream Tripmember
10 posts

Posted:
ok, sall good.

yeah, i'm currently uploading a few websites, like my poi site that i'm working on, i should have it done within 2 weeks at the most. i'll definatley show u the link when i'm done..

but here is one of my sites.. i know it sucks, but i only spent like 10 minutes on it.
click ;]

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
nice...was going to suggest doin the bicep wraps goin in opposite directions but I just saw ya do it. I'm jealous too, ya got that btl turn I've been tryin to do

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

rftekmember
101 posts

Posted:
thanks musashii. i love all that btl stuff. i have this vision of this crab walk thing in my head, haven't gotten it down yet but the form is out there somewhere. i saw arashi do thus back in the day. ; )
opp bicep wraps are fun, they're really great for tight turns. i have to be choked up quite a bit to feel safe doing those. for some reason in all those videos i had the chains wrapped almost all the way up. some girls stopped by to watch us burn and i wasn't feeling very confident.

of course all nervousness flees in face of mighty flame!

dreamtrip: mozilla 1.2.1 doesn't like most of that site! ; ) i used frontpage for most of my site, it's totally glommed together as i felt like messing with it. i don't have any strong feelings for design direction, i'm all about utility.

peace yall

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
I have to agree, rftek is pretty damn cool to watch in person. He is extremely fluid and moves a great deal. The whole experience is much better in person than from those videos, but you can get the general picture.

spritie

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
bump