Forums > Social Chat > THE REVOLUTION IS COMING

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
Hi all, you might not know me, but I have something to say. I'm sick and tired of people walking all over me, of my government deciding how I live, and how I am seen by the rest of the world. I want to put an end to racism, sexism, poverty, and all of societies ills. I want to take the power back from the ones who are abusing it. lofty goals you may say, but it CAN be done. This is the time RIGHT NOW, while your reading this. Here are some quotes from some a friend of mine:
quote:
Does it seem to you like there's a lot going on in the world right now? That feeling has been building here and strange things are popping up in many peoples lives? Have you noticed anything like that?
I bet you have.
quote:
I'm starting to see a massive imbalance in the distribution of wealth over the planet lately so in the end the important thing is, I believe that I (and most of the oppressive western world) have way too much shit, and things are only useful when they're being used anyway. So fuck the stagnation of accumulation on bring on the rest of life!
this is only one person I talked to today about this. I've been having these discussions ever since the millenium, when I thought the world was going to end, but it didn't. ever since then, I have felt SOMETHING building. and this is it. This earth has existed for a VERY long time, and will continue to exist for a long time. Humanity as a whole has went downhill in the last few years, and we have allowed ourselves to be placated by "the man", governments, the media, the mainstream, the establishment, whatever you want to call it. We have allowed them to tell us what to eat, what to wear, what to do, what to buy, how to live, even what our religions are. But, the balance of power is swinging back to the people now. All nations, all cultures, all religions, realize that it's all one in the same. There is no god, no buddha, no allah. It's all the same thing. Nature and technology, theology and science, they are all part of the same thing. Everything I hear through "them", says we are all different. But when I talk to individuals, we all get it, and feel the same way. The time has come for us to take this back. To make these changes. To take actions and send out the message of universal peace throughout the globe. To send a clear message to them that we will no longer take their shit shoved down our throats, and we will exist above them. Right now is a time of transition, and you must be on the side of the good, or you will regret it very soon. We must prepare for the battle ahead friend. Let everyone know, do not be complacent, or lazy, or take the easy way out. Stand up for what you belive. January 1st 2012, is when the traditional(out of sync) 12 month calendar, and the real 13 month calenday(in sync with the moon) will converge. At this point, the people on the good side will make the switch. We will be about 32 years old by then. We will have the power, the baby boomers long dead relics. We can change this world, make it better, stop wars and hunger and hatred and religious squabbles. But it will take the dedication of hundreds of thousands of people, starting right NOW with me telling you. Some are leaders. I am no leader, but I will do my part. I'm going to devote a website to this, it's been taking shape in my head for a few years now. Which side are you on? I have some ideas, let's hear yours, how can we make this world a better place? you may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. prove it. email me at geetarplayer@hotmail.com if you want to help.

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

deitrixmember
2 posts

Posted:
man, good luck on your quest, i'll do my part in my own way. don't get too caught up in fighting the bad, you may forget to enjoy the good, cause there is lots of good. peace------------------were you just chewing on that glowstick? its all over you man.

were you just chewing on that glowstick? its all over you man.

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
I am sorry people it doesnt matter if one man has all the power or everyone has the power, it will currupt.Since someone else quoted a Mel Gibson movie so will I,Why should I trade one tyrant 3000 miles away for 3000 tyrants one mile away? - The PatriotGW Bush this GW Bush that, what difference does it make who does what there will be someone who abuses some power. Its inevitable. Welcome to the human race.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

JeStErSILVER Member
enthusiast
214 posts

Posted:
QuotePower corrupts, Absolute power corrupts absolutelyI can't believe this thread is still going, a song by live now enters my mind, I think it's sorta relevant, anyway you decide.White DiscussionI talk of freedomyou talk of the flagI talk of revolutionyou'd much rather bragand as the decibels of this disenchanting discourse continue to dampen the daythe coin flips again, again and again,and again as our sanity walks away

Trying to play the Akashic records,
but my turntables not compatible.

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
Good song.

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
thank you for those simple words of wisdom deitrix..and nice song too..it's true, the human race as always been corrupt.. but i sincerly think this is building to something. that one day, maybe even in my lifetime, humanity will achieve global peace and harmony with each other..power corrupts, this is true, but i think that if the people UNDER the power, can have a say in things, then maybe we can make them accountable..------------------~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

tonemanmember
195 posts

Posted:
since people are quoting songs about stuff how about this:"I give a hoot but I still polluteI don't know what's the matter with meI won't kill, but I think I'd shoot If it meant whether or not I'd be free.Simulated sympathy in a world full of painit's each for his own if there's something to gainI've got my own problems, and It's hard to care,There's just more death, than I can bear.So I... fly my flag at half mast Big black clouds hanging over meFuture shadow's overcastSo cloudy I cannot see.But I must go on though the sea is dead, I must go on, someone saidI must go on, though young men dieI must push on, but I can't remember why?"It's funny, but I think that topics like this always return to one thing. The golden rule: Treat others the way you wish to be treated!Until those who are doing the bad stuff realize the effects of their actions, and really empathize with the results of their actions, then nothing will change. Exploiting people simply because they don't have the same beliefs as you, and them blaming their poverty on them should be a crime. Take the Am. Indians, for example. We came over here, and began relations with them. They thought, wow, people we can learn from and share the earth with, how great. While the colonists were thinking... I wonder where they keep their gold. It was this difference of ideology that killed the Indians off. And we say, we'll, we were better, so we conquered them. Who was really better? If the US was never settled by Anglos, would there really be all of this pollution? greed? Is the land better off? I'm by no means saying the Am Indians were a peaceful people, but what I am saying is, at least they had their priorities straight. Don't bite the hand that feeds you, don't kill the land that supports you.Bush would feel differently if he was a peasant. I feel guilty for living so cush and having excess things, when there are people starving for just something to eat. It's just a matter of time, though. I feel it building, too. Like a purpose, or calling. A feeling I get when I look to the west wink Just gotta figure out what it is I'm being called for.... We must all figure out what we're being called for. Surely I wasn't sent here to make my own collection of cars and houses and money. All of that is temporary. What mark will I leave for future generations? Hopefully they won't cuss me....On a side note: why is it that it seems that most band first albums TOTALLY kick ass, and are deep and hopefull, then their follow ups are misdirected and ingenuine? Live is one of those!! Mental Jewellry kicks ass!

Freefallmember
6 posts

Posted:
..sacrifice myself or sacrifice my own sense of self?...in the name of this sick world we live in??

tr0uble is my middle name

halfabikemember
55 posts

Posted:
hey ravinglunatic-- where are you from? cause if you live near upstate new york at all id love to hang out and chat...(i dont really like deep emails cause its kinda impersonal...)but i like your attitude...and ps I'd LOVE to know why so many really good bands make shitty albums as soon as theyve been 'discovered' and crack the top100

excuse me, santa, have you seen half a bike?

Page: