Forums > Social Chat > THE REVOLUTION IS COMING

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
Hi all, you might not know me, but I have something to say. I'm sick and tired of people walking all over me, of my government deciding how I live, and how I am seen by the rest of the world. I want to put an end to racism, sexism, poverty, and all of societies ills. I want to take the power back from the ones who are abusing it. lofty goals you may say, but it CAN be done. This is the time RIGHT NOW, while your reading this. Here are some quotes from some a friend of mine:
quote:
Does it seem to you like there's a lot going on in the world right now? That feeling has been building here and strange things are popping up in many peoples lives? Have you noticed anything like that?
I bet you have.
quote:
I'm starting to see a massive imbalance in the distribution of wealth over the planet lately so in the end the important thing is, I believe that I (and most of the oppressive western world) have way too much shit, and things are only useful when they're being used anyway. So fuck the stagnation of accumulation on bring on the rest of life!
this is only one person I talked to today about this. I've been having these discussions ever since the millenium, when I thought the world was going to end, but it didn't. ever since then, I have felt SOMETHING building. and this is it. This earth has existed for a VERY long time, and will continue to exist for a long time. Humanity as a whole has went downhill in the last few years, and we have allowed ourselves to be placated by "the man", governments, the media, the mainstream, the establishment, whatever you want to call it. We have allowed them to tell us what to eat, what to wear, what to do, what to buy, how to live, even what our religions are. But, the balance of power is swinging back to the people now. All nations, all cultures, all religions, realize that it's all one in the same. There is no god, no buddha, no allah. It's all the same thing. Nature and technology, theology and science, they are all part of the same thing. Everything I hear through "them", says we are all different. But when I talk to individuals, we all get it, and feel the same way. The time has come for us to take this back. To make these changes. To take actions and send out the message of universal peace throughout the globe. To send a clear message to them that we will no longer take their shit shoved down our throats, and we will exist above them. Right now is a time of transition, and you must be on the side of the good, or you will regret it very soon. We must prepare for the battle ahead friend. Let everyone know, do not be complacent, or lazy, or take the easy way out. Stand up for what you belive. January 1st 2012, is when the traditional(out of sync) 12 month calendar, and the real 13 month calenday(in sync with the moon) will converge. At this point, the people on the good side will make the switch. We will be about 32 years old by then. We will have the power, the baby boomers long dead relics. We can change this world, make it better, stop wars and hunger and hatred and religious squabbles. But it will take the dedication of hundreds of thousands of people, starting right NOW with me telling you. Some are leaders. I am no leader, but I will do my part. I'm going to devote a website to this, it's been taking shape in my head for a few years now. Which side are you on? I have some ideas, let's hear yours, how can we make this world a better place? you may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. prove it. email me at geetarplayer@hotmail.com if you want to help.

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
I'd like you all to know, I have put a website with some of my thoughts on this matter. please go check it out, I hate to see this thread get buried. https://www25.brinkster.com/ravinglunatic/default.htm
------------------~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

Neekomember
68 posts

Posted:
Hey RL, I checked out your website and I have to give you props. It reflects genuine thought and concern for the current situation and even the state of the world in general.

Rick aka LokiBRONZE Member
134 posts

Posted:
Durbs,Props for posting opinions that go against the general line of the thread. Discussion and informed argument are excellent.I disagree, however, with your repeated claim that it's impossible to change people's minds. Things like racism aren't strictly biological, but a byproduct of the interaction of our instincts with a real-world context. For example, a person with several black close friends works for a particular company. Another person, who happens to be black, is chosen for a promotion the first person was hoping for. The first person is disappointed, but has friends and family to console them and moves on, working even harder, hoping for the promotion when the chance comes up again. They'll ask themselves, "what does this other chap have that I don't? why didn't I get the promotion?", but the issue of the colour of the promoted person's skin isn't an issue. On the other hand, put a person without any experience of black people in the same scenario and they will be attuned to things out of the ordinary, as the first person was, but in this case they will likely consider (either in the declarative or nondeclarative (conscious or unconscious) part of the mind) skin colour as being a remarkable factor. Their lack of other information about blacks will cause them to place blacks (instinctively, yes, as you say) in a negative category. It will take a balancing amount of positive input related to black people to change this person's views.I agree that our instincts play a large role in our lives and in the playing out of our society's progression, but people with open, intelligent minds can use instinct in efficient, even beneficial ways.There are also instincts toward community, compassion, love, interaction, curiosity, solidarity, and trust. The dominating instincts, again, depend on real-world context. Greed versus sharing depends, in part, on availability of a resource. Right now, there are enough resources in the world for everyone to stay alive, healthy, and happy. Humans often seem to fool themselves into thinking that the ache or loss or unhappiness they feel is because of a lack of a certain thing, and pursue attainment of that thing to the detriment of others and, often, themselves. Pick nearly any injustice where one person oppressed another, from ancient royal bullies to bank robbers to corrupt politicians. It's likely you'll find they were lacking something undefineable to them and they chose power or wealth to fill the gap. Do you really think George W would sign laws allowing his corporate buddies to pollute the environment and damage people's health for profit (his and the corporations') if he was already satisifed with his level of wealth and believed that everyone liked him for who he was and thought he was swell and God was REALLY on his side? I doubt it. The average North American, 100 years ago, believed that women were inherently inferior (this had to do partly with power issues I won't go into here). The average member of our generation doesn't. Our instincts have remained relatively unchanged in that time, but our BELIEFS have changed drastically, as have our social norms. Somewhere along the line, a clearer understanding of the truth came up and people started testing it and living by it. A lot of bullshit comes from pople's minds having been given misinformation. Promote good information, and people my surprise you in their ability to change on their own.I agree with what you say about needing something to maintain a more idyllic society, but it is also possible that it isn't what we imagine. The technological and information resources available to humans is constantly expanding. We have the resources to maintain the well-being of people for minimal effort that are unprecedented. Historical examples aren't enough anymore, since the details of social structure and social change have to do with the social consciousness and invented or imagined structures which are separate from, though linked to, constant instinct. These structures are mutable and in constant change. I'm not accusing you of anything, Durbs, so please don't get me wrong. I don't know you well enough to make a judgement call one way or the other. It's just that some of your comments reminded me of those made by other people I've spoken to who put forth a sense of hopelessness and hide behind the idea that things can't be changed and so these people do nothing. Again, I'm just saying that I know some people like this. Because some of what people concerned with revolution are trying to accomplish has to do with redirecting or instigating social movement, some people who do nothing about injustice are, in fact, contributing to the flywheel effect and making that task more difficult. Change is inevitable, but timelines and the details of change are in the hands of people. Things that have changed for the better in the face of opression have done so because enough people cared enough to struggle for them.If we're not willing to believe in some utopian ideal that may take millenia to materialize, we should at least have some sense of what we want to see happen and work towards that. Peace.Rick

-Rick aka Loki
oh, man, a signature?... uuh... this is like coming across wet cement... uuh, shoot, I had something clever I was saving... I hope I don't run out of sp

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Very nicely put Rick.I think its also important for ppl who are taking the 'cant change em so better off joining 'em' line to realise who benefits from maintaining the status quo they are indirectly propergating. Certainly not the little guys who do all the work. By taking that stance you are voluntarily giving up any influence you could bring to bear on power structures which are intrinsically harmful.Anyhow - I think I've said this about a hundred times on HOP, so I'll not say it again smileJosh

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Good points well made Rick. Josh - I never said I was joining them, I just wasn't arrogant enough to dis-associate myself from the masses (Not that I'm saying anyones here's arrogant) and claim innocence/ignorance. I still think globalisation is the way forward and we have much to thank it for in our priviliged lifestyles we lead, and maybe it's good to have utopian ideals to strive for, as if we get a tenth of the way there it'd be progress, but we can't expect the world ever to be equal...Mind you, if the revolution ever comes, I'll be dawdling at the back somewhere smile------------------https://welcome.to/thehugbubble I have only one burning desire....let me stand next to your fire

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
durbs - wasnt talking about you - I was talking about ppl with that attitude - its up to the ppl reading to decide whether I mean them or not smileI've been in several discussions recently about this very topic.Josh

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
globalization is the way?I don't think so. right now, corporations control the western world, they decide what we see, what we wear, what we eat, all just by advertising. true we don't have to eat at mcdonalds, but.. when there is one on every corner, and your late for work..I think that each country should be independent, we should cherish our differences, lest we forget them. I don't want the whole world to just be states of the USA.------------------~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

PeterBmember
20 posts

Posted:
You choose where you eat. You can choose not to eat at McDonalds. I know vegans that choose what they eat very carefully. Jewish people choose what they eat because they believe in it so strongly. You can choose not to by clothes, you could make your own. You could choose not to watch TV. You could choose not to go to school to "be like everyone else". Don't get me wronge, I think your ideas are good, and already thought of by others. Communes were tried, and probably still exist. Look at the amish, they have a society within a society that rejects progressive ideas to keep their lives simple. Look at our subcultures that have been created, ravers, Dead Heads, Phish heads etc...Utopia doesn't exist in this world, because utopia is perfect, and nothing's perfect.I'm also a very peaceful person, and think love is the answer, but we cannot stand and watch our freedom be taken from us. Violence is wrong, but in self defense and self preservation it is nessisary. This country was built on the principles you value. For the people by the people, that was the idea, it works pretty good too. Nothings perfect, especially not people, like others have said in this descusion. It was built on freedom and justice for all, it works well. We have it damn good in the USA, look at what others are born into, war and violence. You have noble ideas, but we have to do the best with what we have, and I belive we're doing a good job. Just my thoughts.

----------------------what is fire? Magic!

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
I agree, it is going pretty good, and I am thankful for what I have.and your right, it's my choice not to eat at mcdonalds, and I do use it. I eat at subway instead. smilebut they system has me so ensnared, I can't just drop out of it.I have to get a job, so I can pay rent, and feed myself. So, I pay income tax. to have a job, I need a bank account, which I pay for. when I take money out of the bank, I pay for that. when I pay for anything with the money I withdraw, I pay tax for that. Now, I'm not against tax, but rather the way it's spent. my government is so bloated, they waste my money. I can't get unemployment insurance, welfare, or canada pension plan, I'm simply not eligible. only federal employees are eligible, even though every body has to pay.it's a massive pyrmaid scheme, and I'm sick of it.I have to work about 60 hours a week, and I just don't have time to learn to grow my own food and make my own clothes.it's a prison of the mind, without walls or bars, but still, I cannot leave it.------------------~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

BEZERKERenthusiast
237 posts

Posted:
I thought everyone knew we are being kept in a mental jail cell created by shapeshifting extraterrestrial reptiles who are waiting for the right time to attack and turn us in to slaves! grin grin grinJosh has said it before. Reality is different for everyone. The ones who shape our beliefs, tastes and perceptions via media, school etc make it hard to break out of the day to day drudge, work and debt of modern life. All it really takes is effort (I'm no champ here and it certainly isn't EASY) to slowly but surely remove the dependance you have on unnecessary shit. As highlighted above, the Amish do it, the Vegans do it (of course on different levels) so I suppose it depends on how vigilant you are and what 'comforts' you are willing to sacrifice.Best of luck to all, the only way to 'win' out in the end is for everyone to start trying and it's so good to see people having these discussions around the world. There is a growing discontent, what we decide to do about it is all there is.

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
I feel that I must defend myself. Charles, I think that I knew that somewhere in the back of my mind, but I was kidding around at the time, so I can say that most of my brain wasn't working. wink I am a big Escher fan, and have that and several other drawings framed on my wall. I was thinking more along the lines of an impossible or unstable figure. It all just runs together sometimes. wink------------------I feel more like I do now then I did when I got here.PLUR(RE) ---J---

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

PeterBmember
20 posts

Posted:
If it's a prison of the mind, it's easy to escape. You think therefore you are, so if you think you are free and rise above it all then you are free and no one can touch that.

----------------------what is fire? Magic!

Sundevilmember
8 posts

Posted:
Well said RL, there is a change comming, me and some friends have felt it too. we used to have long in depth talks about it last year. Will it be the End of Days like some poeple think, or will it be the Ascention? If you are into spiritual philosophy then I highly recomend the book Seat of the Soul by Gary Zukav(another book by him is Dancing Wu Li Masters which teaches the leyman everything you wated to know about quantum physics without the math. you will be suprised at how science proves the impossible as possible...what atoms can talk to each other instantly from across the world? his books will blow your mind)Now some things to think about...I saw the date 2012 mentioned earlier, I have heard this date before while talking with my friends. I forget if it's the Aztec or the Myan (i think it's aztec) calendar but it ends on a date in that year. now alone this isn't very suprising unless you know moe about their calendar. It is made of of many different cycles;solar, lunar, stars(i haven't looked it up in a while so i forget the others) This calendar has charted out every major celestial event up to present day...!!And how long ago did their society die out?! in 2012 all of these cycles will come to an end on the same day..my one friend believes that this is the end of the calendar because that will be the end of time, as in time will cease to exist.I like to think that the cycle may start over again like the circle of life/wheel of time views(anyone else think america is becomming very much like Babylonia...maybe the world trade towers was our tower of babylon)Look it up and decide for yourself...Anyone hear of the Illuminati? They are a secret society made up of the richest pople in the world.As is the problem with good secret societies, no one knows if it really exists or not.If they do exist they are credited with planning/starting every major war since the french revolution(again it has been a while since i looked up these topicsso i may have the wrong war) The illuminati is bent on world dominatin. Pull out a 1 dollar bill now.(if you don't own one i will describe it for you) On the back side is a pyramid with an eye in it, supposedly the symbol of the illuminati, now read what it says in latin. Annuit CŒptis, and Novus OrdoSeclorum. The second phrase means New World Order(if anyone knows what the first two words mean please email me). Hmmm now either our forefathers predicted the NWO in WCW wrestling or they were planning to rule the world one dayLook it up and decide for yourself...If anyone wants to have a deep philisophical discussion feel free to email me, i love philosophy.--Steve------Live with love, the emotion of the highest frequency, When you love unconditionally it becomes impossible to hate and you will have succesfully stoped one person from spreading hate like the disease it is.-------

Marlboromember
180 posts

Posted:
IMHO every generation thinks that their time is the important one. And yet nothing major changes, the capitalist beast roars on.In the words of the Stone Roses: 'How many times will I have to tell you,you don't have to wait to die,you can have it all, any time you want it,yeah the kingdom's all inside.'(Breaking In To Heaven)Unfortunately easier said than done.PeaceM
Non-Https Image Link
------------------"To seek the perfection of the warrior's spirit is the only task worthy of our temporariness, and our manhood" Carlos Castenada

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

poiwondermember
21 posts

Posted:
as far as the Illuminati are concerned, they are very real, yes they are a secret society, but not so secret as to deny existance. I believe they are associated with the freemasons(but thats just a hunch). They definately run the treasury department, other than that good luck finding out anything about them. Anything that is true anyway. And yes the eye on the back of the dollar bill and the "new world order" thing have everything to do with this organization

Hey chicky chick, check slick Nik flick sick tricks with glow sticks and lit wicks real quick!...;) (IM:cmsnr grdn)

poiwondermember
21 posts

Posted:
as far as the Illuminati are concerned, they are very real, yes they are a secret society, but not so secret as to deny existance. I believe they are associated with the freemasons(but thats just a hunch). They definately run the treasury department, other than that good luck finding out anything about them. Anything that is true anyway. And yes the eye on the back of the dollar bill and the "new world order" thing have everything to do with this organization

Hey chicky chick, check slick Nik flick sick tricks with glow sticks and lit wicks real quick!...;) (IM:cmsnr grdn)

pr!m@temember
78 posts

Posted:
Robert Anton Wilson is yer man for the Illuminati and such associated conspiricies.Also check out Umberto Eco's 'Foucoult's Pendulum' - about the Knights Templar and John Marks' 'Search for the The Manchurian Candidate' - about the CIA's drug testing. Make yer own minds up.Personally, I don't give a flying f*** either way.Loveprimate

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
I find this all VERY interesting..the illuminati, the treasury department the stone masons..I think I saw that in a simpsons episode once! (for those who don't know the simpsons is a cartoon here in the USA and canada, that presents a highly satirical view of things. some would assume it's a kids show just because it's animated, but often it deals with very real and current events, with some high level biting social commentary)anyway.. it's very tough with all this information floating around, and misinformation as well.But I really think we have a chance of overcoming these forces that have controlled us.true it has been like this for generations, and every generation has thought theirs would be the one to change it all.but no generation before ours had the internet. it's a very powerful tool, allowing us instant communication, and it's very difficult to trace.I've been feeling it, so have many others.maybe it has something to do with the Astrological passing of 'slow moving' Pluto into Sagitarius, signaling the entrance of the Aquarian age (moving human consciousness from the Scorpio realm of fiery forcefulness into the Sagitarius realm of communal spirituality)keep it coming people.. smile------------------~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
No worries(bad fake australian accent!), Glowshow. I still think the coolest thing about a moibus strip is it's name, "Moibus"...It just conjures up images of illusionary numbers, Metaphysical equations and constants that change thei rproperties when the rules around them change.(gos off doodling on a five dimensional piece of paper, making up plans for an opposable microwave, that makes things colder from the inside instaead of heating them up...)doobie doobie......doo...------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Sundevilmember
8 posts

Posted:
All the information available to us on the internet may be a blessing but you should always remember the saying believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. Experience is the best way to learn especially when we live in a age where trust is being lost. how many people learned in school that columbus discovered that the earth was round? False, sailors as well as learned people all knew that the earth was round back then(you see the first signs of a ship coming up the horizon, what part of the ship do you see first)don't take anything at face value, examine it yourself and look at it from every perspective that you can think of while trying to avoid preconceptions(a very bad thing)I just wanted to say all this bacause people may be looking for the truth on the internet but who's to say that you can trust the site you are reading.---Steve-----let us back into the garden where we can live again in trust-----

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I always thought it was spelt Mobius? winkJosh

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
It is. Next time you want to play MENSA grad, at least look it up. I believe the term is "open mouth, insert foot." Smartass. tongue I think someone has been looking in the dictionary again.------------------I feel more like I do now then I did when I got here.PLUR(RE) ---J---[This message has been edited by glowshow (edited 23 November 2001).]

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

moniluxmember
3 posts

Posted:
you are all so noble, your parents should be proud!i'm not being smart,honest,true freedom is in your head.soar with it, it's infectious.please can i have a chill bomb dropped on me?pr!m@te..i like you.be well be happy allmonilux------------------

MusicMindedmember
10 posts

Posted:
Interesting discussion...I've been away for quite a while and somewhere I saw a glimpse of Bush saying something like "God is not neutral in this". It was about the terrorist attacks. Can anyone tell me if he actually said that and in what exact context. In my opinion the next revolution has to be a spiritual revolution, since too many people are stuck in the Western way of living and can not detach themselves from it. People are afraid of change. Afraid to part from the materialistic life they have, since it's the only thing they have. Getting more... Give up your Ego, give up Materialism. Discover your own thruth...------------------No need to be void,...Or save up on life,...Got to spend it all,...

No need to be void,...Or save up on life,...Got to spend it all,...

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
yeah, I think bush is a little misguided when he says god is on his side while he's still dropping bombs in afghanistan.------------------~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

pr!m@temember
78 posts

Posted:
Found this:https://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2001/09/20010920-8.htmlhope it allays your fears(phew! for a second there I thought he was a meglamaniac pscho who hears the voices of God in his head - but now, put in context, he seems like just a regular guy)

pr!m@temember
78 posts

Posted:
One more thing...If nothing changes then how come women have the right to vote, and how come there are anti discrimination laws, and how come you no longer have to go to jail if you have sexual intercourse with a member of the same sex?How come it is now illegal in the UK to test beauty products on animals? Why have many lab animal breeding centres now closed?Somebody, somewhere must have done something about it.

SurlochSILVER Member
64 posts

Posted:
Actually pr!m@te, those things you talk about are fairly new inventions.Look back a few thousand years, and much of what you said are being abolished now, didn't even exist.Not saying nothing changes, oh contraire everything changes every instant of every day. However there is something to be said about the cyclic nature of mans history.For example, Man forgets. We are by our nature bound firmly into time. Until we can transcend memory, no matter the revolution, no matter the revelations they will eventually be forgotten. Christianity is already on the wane after a brief 2000 year stint as the dominant religion. That's a pretty poor effort as far as religions go, yet just because it is how we have been brought up it is what we know. Te past can teach us about the future.Yet on the other side of the coin...It can be said that it is the process that counts. Just because it is doomed to failure is no reason not to attempt it. It will make a difference by becoming a part of history, and achieve immortality by affecting the decisions of the future for ever. Just as we as humans are the sole cumulation of all our experiences, so to is society the growth of every dream and idea.So my personal philosophy...Feel free to do whatever you please. I believe in personal destiny, the only crime you can commit is not to be true to yourself...although from a certain point of view even that decision may be being true to your destiny lol. It is all too loopy to go through here. Suffice to say although I wont support you RL, I applaud that you are trying something (then again I will also applaud the person who will try to stop you, sucks to be me).

Ní mar a síltear a bítear

“Things may not be as they seem to be”

halfabikemember
55 posts

Posted:
hi this is my first post on this site so go easy on me...(if anyones still reading this one anyway i guess its kinda old) anyway we are lucky to be alive at this point in time when there are a significant number of people who are socially restless and have the technology to communicate to each other BUT! the flood of information that this technology (the net) can be overwhelming...i think i spent a half an hour simply reading all the replies to this thread...soooo i fall of our "revolutionaries" are busy reading, who is going to start the revolution?!?! im not trying to be condescending, im just saying that its hard to suggest practical solutions as opposed to pointing out all the BS that currently exists...like conspiracies and secret societis and bush walking around claiming that god (?) is on his side...of course...i think the type of people drawn to reading a thread like this already believe/acknowledge/accept these sorts of views...my question then is WHAT CAN WE DO?what are the ideas that we as people can actually put into practice without corrupting them? im stumped...to tell you the truth ive been pissed off (american pissed not english or austrlain pissed smile since before i started high school...i think ravinglunatic's idea for using the internet is a good one...but to what end? is there some sort of critical mass of people that must be attained? like if a certain percent of the globe thinks along some lines then things will fall into place or what?by the way...i just got back form backpacking europe and australai and there is a damn MCDONALDS everywhere! its too late to try and contain the capitalism!and regarding violence...would we be speaking english right now if the natives had been armed?

excuse me, santa, have you seen half a bike?

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
glad to see that someone dredged this up.my opinion is that this IS all leading up to something.yes, it's a pain in the ass reading through posts and information, sorting the crap from the good stuff.but I sincerely believe that the internet is the way to unite humanity.as for what you can do now, educate yourself, and try to educate other people. it is information that will be the valuable commodity in this new generation.battles will not be fought with guns, but with words and ideas pitted against each other.stay tuned, there is more coming.------------------~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

Page: