Page:
StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Ever wondering Y the best equipped military force in history does so poorly in battle, and shoots all its allies???

Well I did, and now I know. They’re all drugged to the eyeballs on speed, just like the Nazis were in WW11 .

If U don’t believe me, the Aussies can watch THE CUTTING EDGE - THE NEED FOR SPEED - Going to War on Drugs on SBS TV tonight.

SBS TV Extract
quote:
When Tom Cruise uttered those famous words in the film Top Gun, "I feel the need, the need for speed", he would not have known that his words had already been taken literally by the U.S. Air Force, in a way he could never have imagined.

This documentary exposes how the Air Force, Navy and Special Forces have been issuing mind-altering drugs to their soldiers and airmen - almost certainly resulting in the deaths of allied forces and innocent civilians. In an extraordinary investigation, American military personnel speak for the first time, to explain how they were used as guinea pigs in wars ranging from the Gulf, Bosnia, Afghanistan and right up until the recent conflict in Iraq. We also discover that vital information on 'friendly fire' incidents has been withheld and examine the true human costs of wars fought on drugs.

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Hrm first he insults me by saying that I am in the Army, then says I am a fanatic and that I am ranting and raving! *shakes his head* Is that the only thing you can do? Try to insult me? Have you no other tactic?

Tell ya what Frosty, it is obvius that you dont read to well. Like I said, I had to stay something supid to get yall to respond, that being the point thing.

FF incidents do happen, undisputed fact. Am I not right? You however are trying to blame a single reason, I am here to tell you that there is no single cause for a FF incident.

quote:
that they affect people enough that they need a ground test - but they are NOT tested during training so the pilots reaction in a combat situation cannot be ascertained,
Did you know that people are alergic to some forms of medicine? What would you say to putting a pilot (lets use the F/A 18D, a 2 seated aircraft) and an electronics officer up in the air with a 27 million dollar aircraft lets say 30,000 pounds of fuel lets say they take off from MCAS Miramar, (located in downtown San Diego) then give the pilot this pill. The pilot has an alergic reaction, that say causes him to pass out.

What have you just done? Well... it is possible that the EO would eject, he would probably live, the plane would crash, killing the pilot, and lets just add another horrer into the equation, lets say the plane crashes into rush hour trafic.

How many people do you want to kill, by giving someone a drug that you have no clue how they will react to, and then send em up in a plane where they might kill someone, or themselves?

Here is the thing man, you dont think. Well scratch that, you do think, but you dont think with the same logic that the military uses.

You think very 2D. You see a single reason for an action, where as the military sees mulitple.

You have to understand that the way things are run are not a simple as you think. The way choices are made, is not as simle as "do you want fries with that?".

Families have to learn to deal with death no matter how a loved one dies. That is just a fact of life.

quote:
that the military doesn't have to obey the law, defending friendly fire incident as just something that happens and that we should deal with it

The military has more laws to follow than civilians. Can you comprehend this?

quote:
"sorry, but the US military is above the law - whether or not they were taking amphetemines - just deal with it"

Was that supposed to be a quote from me? Or were you having a deluted fantasy that you had a clue of what the military is like or what someone would say?

Frankly man, you dont have a clue. You are a moron. Whats worse is that your ignorant of what happens in the real world. Sure you watch the news and know how to look things up on the net, but you dont understand why or how things work. You will never understand the military untill you live it. An observer can not grasp the full impact of what goes on, it just isnt possible. You are an ingnorant moron of an observer.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
Hahaha, I thought this was another UK/US lead mission to rid the world of fun

Hmmmm, I'm not sure I've got anything to add.....I just think there a few funny points over the course of this thread.

Never thought I'd see the day Ray is advocating the use of drugs, especially when so many lives are at stake. I persoanlly wouldn't leave myself in charge of any mechanical object under any sort of drugs, be it alcohol or cough medicine.

But he's right the US forces are above the law..... law is decided by the people with the biggest arms, and history is re-written by the victors. Note: - I refuse to use the word arrogance anywhere in this thread, even though I also direct this towards our own country and we deserve it.

The UK, were the biggest dark evil bunch of bastards over the last 200 years....and now we're suffering for our blood spilled. We came up with prisoner of war camps, we were pioneers in slavery, conquest, and killing the defenceless in the name of peace and civilisation. Fortunately for MY conscience is happy to say that we grew out of this childish bullying bullsh!t (largely due to our forces being so badly screwed over by 2 world wars???, I don't know....). It is the way of things that the powerful bully and exploit the poor and weak.
Nations of people follow in some blind sheep-like zombie state as they're subjected to media and propoganda, (although it isn't called that unless you're the outside the hype) and everyone's entire belief system is structured on what the fact that they've been told is true, so they don't argue.

We will have to deal with it, and if we find America at fault it'll say "**** you, what you gonna do about it?" - Bet you a new house.....

They did it to China over a stupid plane because they were too up their own arse to apologise for spying on them too close, no?

How far can the depths of denial reach I wonder?

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

2,905 posts

Posted:
Wow, this guy! He is a spin master. Yall see that? He makes stuff up, not only insults me but when I say that he is trying to blame one item in an equation, he says it isnt true, and stops reading.

Personally I think he is just running out of stuff to spin off.

Frosty, your right, I dont know who you are. But I know who I am, I know where to find information from the source. From the people who read the reports, who have even sat on FF investigation teams.

So do tell me, who are you, and what do you know?

Smallboy, first off, a P3 Orian, is a sub hunter, not a spy plane, secondly a Mig (this being a highly manuverable aircraft) crashes into our plane. Explain this to me, how can a slow moving prop driven plane manuver so quickly that the guy flying a fighter cant avoid a collision? I'll answer that for you, IT CANT!

Granted, like the Russians, the Cinese have more pilots than planes (we have the same thing but the ratio isnt a big) the average Chinese Pilot averages 30 hours a year behind the stick, while US pilots average 30 hours a month! Russians are far worse.

quote:
Never thought I'd see the day Ray is advocating the use of drugs, especially when so many lives are at stake. I persoanlly wouldn't leave myself in charge of any mechanical object under any sort of drugs, be it alcohol or cough medicine
Am I advocating or defending drug use? No. I am flat out telling you that the drug used was not the only factor. Nor can it be blamed for the sole reason for any FF incident.

Key points that have been ignored:

What is the ratio between US missions that have used the pill and had no incidents to US missions that have used the pill and had an incident?

What are all the factors that could have caused the FF incidents?

So, why have you all ignored these? Is it possible that you dont know? I mean a Doc. that was so good at covering all the fact, would surly tell you these things.

BBC is just as biased and a proppaganda tool as CNN and Fox news.

Yes all news is proppaganda, all news agencies are tools. US Brit, Oz, you name it, it is.

Frosty, you have no argument left, of course your just going to skip whatever I say, as if your above it. You have lost this little debate. Face it man.

Tikamember
106 posts

Posted:

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
By Ray,
'What is the ratio between US missions that have used the pill and had no incidents to US missions that have used the pill and had an incident?'

Erm... who cares?? People still died because these pilots were using drugs or doesnt that matter? Are ratios all you care about??

You are classic! Great you love your country and fight and kill people for it, hurrah for you! But did you ever think that your full of shit?
Granted i dont know you but from what you've said in this and other posts i really dont want to. I dont know all the facts, neither do you, but you obviously think youre higher than everyone else (us civilians that is) because you are a marine, whos the arrogant one now?

'Did you know that people are alergic to some forms of medicine? What would you say to putting a pilot (lets use the F/A 18D, a 2 seated aircraft) and an electronics officer up in the air with a 27 million dollar aircraft lets say 30,000 pounds of fuel lets say they take off from MCAS Miramar, (located in downtown San Diego) then give the pilot this pill. The pilot has an alergic reaction, that say causes him to pass out.'

As for this, cant they do a test on the ground and if there are no allergic reactions test it in training? Is that not possible? Is the military too impatient to do this?

As im not an american, thats my two pennies!

(p.s. that means PEACE ray, so chill!)

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

2,905 posts

Posted:
How many people die each year to alcohol? Drugs? Smoking?

How many people, get into a car reck for none other than a meer accident?

People die all the time.

If you start outlawing things just because people die, there will be nothing left. Not even firebreathing!

Your right, you dont know me, and you dont know what I care about. Ratio thing was to show that it wasnt the pills fault. I do care about the deaths, FF arnt just done to civilians and other countries military, they happen to us as well. Murphy's law of combat, the only thing more accurate than incomming enimy fire, is incomming friendly fire.

Unfortunatly I dont write policy, I just hear about it and repeat it you.

Peace is a dream, sober up and smell the gunpowder!

Frosty, you agree that the pill isnt at fault, yet you continue to cry about its use, why?

If it is the reason for the incidents, then why care if it is used?

Yes, I am stupid, stupid to try to debate with someone who has their mind set on something before they even know a fraction of the facts.

2,905 posts

Posted:
Bull hocky there Frosty, all you have tried to do on this topic is blame the drug. Why do you keep spinning your little tales, thats two topics now that you have reversed your opinion, why?

They are just wondering? Like they are just kinda thinking about launching an informal query about the possible issue. Wow, you see that he goes from saying the US gives its pilots speed to downplay! Very interesting!

2,905 posts

Posted:
hahahahahha your funny man, you think I am bullying you? Where did you get that from hahahaha you should do stand up!

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Raymund Phule:
Peace is a dream, sober up and smell the gunpowder!
only you ray...

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

2,905 posts

Posted:
Glad someone took that as a joke Perhaps now I wont get anymore nasty PMs about my sensitivity level

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Thanks Ade, "The History of Terrorism" sounds like an interesting program, unfortunately Wed night TV clashes with Fire Jam. Will keep an eye out for when it is repeated

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

2,905 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by frostypaw:
Comically at no point in this thread have i said that the drugs that were all that was to blame.
Well... in fact you did not come out right and say that. However your sure implied it...

quote:
it would explain a lot of the random killings/shooting into crowds/torture and abuse of captives etc - speed and morals don't mix well

quote:
If you're caught driving a car on speed here it's immediate loss of license I believe.

I'm sure they're not doing that because their No-Doze(tm) makes them better drivers
quote:
and we wouldn't let our pilots fly around drugged up because we're responsible enough to CARE if we shoot friendly troops
quote:
and that's what's turning up the drugs stuff...

not complicated issit
I mean for the first page almost every other post you made implied that the drugs were the cause for all the FF.

However you also never came out and said that you understood how there were many many many possible reasons an FF incident can happen.

You still have yet to apologise for your very rude and unwarented comments.
quote:
Too much of a wimp to do anything more than try and bully someone you think is small into shutting up? You big bad brave marine you

Shall we get a child in here for you to bully? they're less threatening but possibly still better informed than you.

Just incase you needed a reminder of what you said.

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
Wow hypocrite or what!

Its ok for you to insult people and call them morons etc. and not apologise but god forbid someone insults you! Or are people not allowed to insult big bad marines?

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

2,905 posts

Posted:
You know out of all the insults I have given, none have been that personal. I could have gone after so many things to insult him, but I didnt. And then you come along and call me a hypocrite because I dont like someone going and handing out personal insults left and right.

Its cool though. Defend him if you will.

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
Its unfortunate how the vast majority if these debates wind up becoming personal attacks rather than discussing the topic in question in a civil manner.

Its a damn shame that rhetoric is no longer mandatory in schools..

Raph

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
GROUP HUG!

2,905 posts

Posted:
I garunte that 90% of these posts end the way they do because I have the luxury of seeing things black and white, while the majority of the rest the debaters either do not, or do not exorcise that liberty. In part it is my unwillingness to comprimise that causes problems too. However I try to avoid getting too personal with my insults. I'm all for a good name calling, but somethings are just out of line.

I cause alot of headache here, its fun at times and at others people just stump the hell out of me and I either really get into things or I lose intrest.

I will admit that I am at fault, though not the sole person at fault, for the way these debates go.

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
Ill start the Kum By Yas! *clears throat* ... what are the words??

Lets all be friends! This thread has turned into a great big slagging match and should either be completely stopped or discussed civily, and the former would be a shame because it is a worthwhile topic.

So Ray, can you stop personal attacks? however provoked you feel. That goes for everyone else as well. Lets all smile and be friends!

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
And I, officially, request the same...

As said before, if you feel you have been personally attacked or directly insulted, DON'T respond in kind, for that makes you just as guilty as the first party.

Instead, click the "report post" button at the bottom of the offending post, and let the mods sort it out.

Cheers

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

2,905 posts

Posted:
Frosty, are you saying that for the past two pages that we have agreed that the drug could have a possible effect on FF incidents? What in the world have you been arguing with me about? I said that the drug could have some to blame, but I have also strived to show that there are other reasons that a FF incidnet can happen. These reasons have fallen on deaf ears though.

If what is right and wrong for me is not the same for everyone else is true, then why have laws?

Why is it that when I said that the military is above the law, there was an outcry? If right and wrong vary person to person then who cares?

Why make things illeagle, why? You have no answer for this, because you know that there is a foundation of laws in life. You know that murder, stealing, and what not is wrong. You may not understand why you think this but you do.

The world is black and white. To put it in terms you might understand better, you are either a 1 or a 0, there is no imbetween!

I was wrong about you once Frosty, that I will openly admit, but you are wrong here.

2,905 posts

Posted:
damnit I just lost what I wrote

Anyhoo the long and the short of it.

Frosty, to say that right and wrong vary from person to person is to throw off all that is human. Are you saying it is okay to for some to murder and not okay for others?

The world is black and white, only those who wish to do harm try to see it as grey.

To put it into terms you will understand, you are either a 1 or a 0 nothing else.

In my very first post I said that the drug could have an effect on FF incidences. I also tried to show you all that there are other possible ways that an FF incident can happen. The drug is not the only possible cause.

It would appear that my attempts have failed. You condem the use of drugs for pilots, yet how many of you take narcotics? Sounds a bit hipocritical to me.

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
The world is black and white, I agree entirely with Ray.

It's people, and our actions that are gray/grey.

Kinda like HoP actually.

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

2,905 posts

Posted:
You are highly exagerating the effects of these pills.

I personaly view a distiction between murder and killing.

And you would only see the difference between a Soldier in the Army and a Marine if they stood in front of you.

For the last time, I have nothing to do with the US Army.

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Hi Ray
quote:
You are highly exagerating the effects of these pills.
No!!!!, but I think there are some shades of grey slipping into your arguments, hey

quote:
I personaly view a distiction between murder and killing.
Ray, I believe in the teachings of Christ and follow the commandment that says “thou shalt not kill”. So do you, in your capacity as a US Marine in a war situation, murder people or kill people? Either way, it’s goes against the teachings of Christ, no matter what your military Chaplin says.

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Charles:
The world is black and white, I agree entirely with Ray.

Yikes! I need to change my prescription, then. I see lots of colors.

Raph

2,905 posts

Posted:
Nah just lay off the catnip

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
I save catnip for my cats.

Raph