Page: 123
Raymund Phule (Fireproof)

Enter a "Title" here:
Total posts: 2905
Posted:4-6 months!!

It will take 4-6 months for the UN to move into Lybia to bring peace to that country and to feed the starving people. Thats just to start.

The US is already working on the situation.

Why the hell arnt you people bitching and raising hell?

Why arnt you protesting the UN's lack of action?

Yall are all hypocrytes, you dont want to do anything but bash the US. Face it.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Delete Topic

UCOF
UCOF

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 15414
Posted:But not a european swallow, thats my point.

*looks around*

oooh...isnt this the Monty Python quote thread?

Sorry.

*leaves and goes out singing "every sperm is sacred"*

Delete

frostypaw
Great balls of fire
Total posts: 643
Posted:quote:You openly admit to hating Christians and its obvius that you cant stand anything that has anything to do with America.No i openly admit to hating christianity because it damns homosexuals

that's it.

most of the 'good book' is actually pretty good stuff.

America is also generally pretty good - but their foreign policy beggars belief. That's not prejudice, that's not liking something. Please go refer to a dictionary for the meaning of prejudice.

quote:Liberia, was started out of care, not out of hateYou're obviously terribly uninformed on this matter - go read the links posted here, they should give you some idea.

You've failed to shoot any holes in the theory AGAIN you've only shown up your own ignorance.

Give up dude. You've again shown yourself up - maybe you should consider your opinions and comments more carefully?

grr argh

I can SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Delete

Enter a "Title" here:
Posted:Holy F'n Shate!!

I read your post I read one of your links, hold on let me quote the damn thing!
Remember when you said this??
quote: "This exodus was largely the work of the American Colonisation Societ, an unholy alliance of religious philanthroposts, who wanted the freed slaves to escape the racism of America and slave owners who thought freed slaves were a 'bad' influcence on those blacks still in bondage"
Let's analise a few things...
"an unholy alliance", what does this mean... it means that these church groups banded together not for religious purposes but for the ex-slaves. That is what unholy means there... not EVIL!

quote: who wanted the freed slaves to escape the racism of America and slave owners who thought freed slaves were a 'bad' influcence on those blacks still in bondage"
hrm... does that sound like they were being mean?

Not to me! It says there that the alliance, wanted free black people, to ESCAPE the racisim in America and to escape slave owners who thought freed slaves were a bad influance.

Obviusly not everyone in the US thought black people were bad. They wanted to help... how in the world do you not see that?

By 1860 20,000 ex-slaves had moved to Liberia, obviusly they were helped some how. It must mean that they were hated. They were hated so bad that people hired a boat to get rid of em!

My word Frosty, YOU ARE FILLED WITH HATE, and it isnt just about the US forigne policy.

You hate America, and Americans. You strive at all points to make us out to be horrid monsters. You point out every mistake of our past, and ignore anything positive that we have ever done. Your life is filled with contempt for us? Why? Were you picked on as a kid by American kids?

Tell you one thing, I remember being chased around the playground by Brittish kids when I lived in England. I dont hate the Brittish.
I hold no contempt, I am just angry at your ignorance and insolence!

[ 16. August 2003, 18:21: Message edited by: Raymund Phule ]

Delete

frostypaw
Great balls of fire
Posted:quote:By 1860 20,000 ex-slaves had moved to Liberia, obviusly they were helped some how. It must mean that they were hated. They were hated so bad that people hired a boat to get rid of em!Hey - have you finally got around to reading "stupid white men" then?

i don't ignore positive things america has done - but you're foolish enough to be willing to defend even the bad things it's done - you're just picking a bad arguement, don't blame me

If this country started shipping black people who wouldn't behave off to another country it would be seen as horrendous - and it is - yet you're willing to defend it here?? why? it's a bad arguement

and as has been noted regularly this is "history" i.e. stuff in the past - so things might have changed since, and indeed they have hugely - far less segregation and racial violence in america now.

see positive things... talk about those and you might not only see the negative side eh?

unfortunately your two main arguments are "the US is the perfect war machine how dare you challenge my belief" and "We Are The Rulers Of The Universe" - neither of which are right. there's lots of other things to talk about tho - try those

I can SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Delete

Spanner
Spanner

remembers when it was all fields round here
Total posts: 2790
Posted:quote:Originally posted by Raymund Phule:
Yall are all hypocrytes, you dont want to do anything but bash the US. Face it. Who are you talking to? All of us?

"I thought you are man, but
you are nice woman.

yay,

:R"

Delete

Enter a "Title" here:
Posted:No Spanner, I dont mean everyone. Try not to take that too literally.

There was predudice and racisim to the extreem in the 1800's a terrible time to be alive for any race, IMHO. People cared, it wasn't for their hate, but for the hate of others that that they helped the ex-slaves escape this way of life.

Actually I have "Stupid White Men" in my possesion.

It had nothing to do with their behavior. They left to escape predjudice, and so that they may live a true free life.

quote: unfortunately your two main arguments are "the US is the perfect war machine how dare you challenge my belief" and "We Are The Rulers Of The Universe" - neither of which are right. there's lots of other things to talk about tho - try those Nobody has ever said either of those two things, nor do I believe them.

quote: see positive things... talk about those and you might not only see the negative side eh?
Your the one seeing negitive here, while I am seeing positive.

I do question why you keep trying spin this? Dont spin!

Delete

Spanner
Spanner

Posted:quote: No Spanner, I dont mean everyone. Try not to take that too literally.

quote: Dont spin! Never thought I'd hear that on HoP

you are nice woman.

yay,

Delete

Enter a "Title" here:
Posted:hahaha ya maybe I should rephrase that

Delete

poiaholic22

Total posts: 531
Posted:quote:Originally posted by frostypaw:

[QUOTE]If this country started shipping black people who wouldn't behave off to another country it would be seen as horrendous - and it is - yet you're willing to defend it here?? why? it's a bad arguementPresuming a lot don't you think?

If the true motivation was to punish freed slaves wouldn't it make more sense to just make them slaves again or kill them?

And are you saying that America at the time was dead set against black people? I could have swore that quite a few Americans died in the process of freeing the slaves.

Ever hear of the "Underground Railroad"? Those people must have really hated black people to be so willing to help them.

Maybe we should start blaming the British for all the problems we have here in the States.

Delete

Enter a "Title" here:
Posted:I dont think Frosty read what was written, I think he added and changed words to make it say what he wanted it to say.

Well... thats the only way I know to rationalise his stance on this.

Delete

frostypaw
Great balls of fire
Posted:lol sure ray - why not go read the article the quote was taken from? you can check it... there is one spelling mistake - my bad

similarly to other chap - read the article

getting rid of the free slaves so that they don't cause trouble by freeing other slaves is a very odd sort of kindness.
quote:And are you saying that America at the time was dead set against black people? I could have swore that quite a few Americans died in the process of freeing the slavesNo... i said that america was less tolerant than it is now

NOWHERE does that say that all of america was dead set against black people - people are individuals and they have different opinions etc - my statement was about the general trend

but blah, this is way off topic

point is... ray stoppit! The UN is doing just what it should.

I can SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Delete

coleman
coleman

big and good and broken
Total posts: 7330
Posted:back (slightly more) on topic...

quote: quote: that's because you believe protesting is pointless. and (no matter what you think i believe) i have a fairly similar view - not that it is pointless but that it is very rare to achieve an end through protest alone Well... sombody editied their post making my reply to this pointless... so I'll leave this alone for now okay. i don't see why an edit makes any difference here though - the edit i made certainly doesn't. my stance on protesting has been the same since before i posted my views on the thread discussing it. they still remain.

quote: quote: and our point about zimbabwe is that there are many paces like liberia that are in desperate need of un attention but they cannot all be covered at once.
you accussed us of jumping on a bandwagon when it was yourself that found out about the latest humanitarian crisis on the afn news update and started banging on about it. No, sorry, it was an attempt at a point using the current events. Nice try on the twist there well your attempt failed miserably i'm afraid. possibly due to lack of information on all but the current operations of the usmc?
'current events' (plural) implies there is more than one thing going on in the world at any one time. zimbabwe is in a terrible state (like many other nations) and it has been mentioned several times on this board. i am suprised you feel qualified to comment on our attitudes towards world events when you evidently don't have a good grasp of them yourself.
seriously, how much did you know about the liberian situation (or was that the lybian situation ) before you were briefed?

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Delete

Spanner
Spanner

It will take 4-6 months for the UN to move into Lybia to bring peace to that country and to feed the starving people.Update on food...

Maybe why they haven't gone in yet...

you are nice woman.

yay,

Delete

Enter a "Title" here:
Posted:Ummm How many times do I have to tell your Frosty, you need to go reread it. Who cares about spelling... it should be obvius that I dont

No where there does it say that they were sent out of the country for bad behavior like you think it does. In all fact it says that there was this group of white religious people that made an "alliance" that paid for any ex-slave's (that wanted to leave, to escape the racisim) trip to a country that was just bought by that alliance.

Coleman, your deleation basically made me either forget where I was going with a point or made the point invaled. Dont worry about it, if I dont even remember what I was talkign about now, and dont wish to go reread everything

I will admit however, that I dont know everything about what is going on. Maybe when you get a job and work 12-14 hour days, then you will understand why I miss the news every now and then.

quote: 'current events' (plural) implies there is more than one thing going on in the world at any one time Duh!

quote: zimbabwe is in a terrible state (like many other nations) and it has been mentioned several times on this board Well has it been mentiond several times on the board, this I cant confirm without doing a search, but yes there is some terrible things going on in that country as many others.

quote: i am suprised you feel qualified to comment on our attitudes towards world events when you evidently don't have a good grasp of them yourself.
If you had to be qualified to comment on something, this forum wouldnt exist, why? Because not a damn one of us is quallified to comment on the actions of a or any nation. We are not leaders of a country, we are not at the White House or with Bush when he makes his decisions.

quote: seriously, how much did you know about the liberian situation (or was that the lybian situation ) before you were briefed? Who said anything about a brief? Or are you just tyring to sound cool because you know a term used by military type folk?

Folks, the whole point of this topic was to point out that alot of people see that there is this protest going on and that they jump on this bandwagon.

My question at the begining was why arnt there all sorts of protests going on now?

The answers I have recieved were everything from, 'We cant influence this' to 'it isnt a war!'

The four to six months thing was really an irrelivent part of the post.

Delete

coleman
coleman

big and good and broken
Total posts: 7330
Posted:quote:I will admit however, that I dont know everything about what is going on. Maybe when you get a job and work 12-14 hour days, then you will understand why I miss the news every now and then. exactly my point - if you don't know what's going on, don't start pointless arguments with us about why we're not protesting a peace keeping mission.
and i have a job already thank-you ray - just because it doesn't involve handling firearms or polishing my boots daily doesn't mean it doesn't count
missing the news every now and again does not excuse your ignorance of current affairs - these situations do not arise overnight man.

quote: quote:
i am suprised you feel qualified to comment on our attitudes towards world events when you evidently don't have a good grasp of them yourself.If you had to be qualified to comment on something, this forum wouldnt exist, why? Because not a damn one of us is quallified to comment on the actions of a or any nation. We are not leaders of a country, we are not at the White House or with Bush when he makes his decisions. i think you mis-read ray. no, we don't need to be qualified to comment on world events.
you however were questioning our lack of reaction to the installation of a peacekeeping force and then proceeded to call us hypocrites and deride us for not 'bitching and raising hell'.

you may not have been 'briefed' on liberia and it is evident that your own analysis of the situation brought you to the conclusion that if the un does not keep up with the us then we should protest it's apparent lack of action.
that reasoning is flawed in so many ways, its not even funny dude.
all you wanted here was another argument with the hippies. and you got one. now all you can do is sit in the little hole you've dug for yourself and ignore the fact that we are not protesting for good reason - and that is the fact that we do not oppose the un and its actions in this case.

you are complaining about people on hop jumping on bandwagons, then when a situation arises that you think we should be protesting and to your surprise no-one mentions protest, you start putting us down us for not jumping on the bandwagon?!
if the 4-6 months thing was irrelevant why exactly did you expect us to express displeasure at the events in liberia at all?
you are making very little sense here ray.

if you ever truly want to know what we think i suggest you try an approach that isn't just angry, inflammatory rhetoric.

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Delete

poiaholic22

Posted:quote:Originally posted by frostypaw:

similarly to other chap - read the article

You're telling me to read the article ..... I'm the one who originally posted it!

And in that article it doesn't say that these men felt that free slaves were a bad influence on those still in bondage. Only that they were trying to give them a way to escape from slave owners who did feel that way.

And being that you didn't exist 180 years ago your idea of the general trend in America in 1820 is pure speculation.

Delete

Enter a "Title" here:
Posted:Grr closed the damn window and lost about 10 minutes of typing

quote: and i have a job already thank-you ray - just because it doesn't involve handling firearms or polishing my boots daily doesn't mean it doesn't count I have the new boots, I dont polish those!

Im not ignorant of current events. I dont know everything and it usually takes a day or two before I hear what happend. thats just life in my shoes.

quote: i think you mis-read ray. no, we don't need to be qualified to comment on world events I'm not qualified, to comment on world events, but it wont stop me. That was the hole point, nobody is really qualified, but we dont have to be now do we?

Your answer to my question was a hell of alot better than 'we only protest wars!'

quote: you are complaining about people on hop jumping on bandwagons, then when a situation arises that you think we should be protesting and to your surprise no-one mentions protest, you start putting us down us for not jumping on the bandwagon?! I could careless if you do jump or if you dont, but it is just stuck me as odd. Take a look back at all the protest posts made about Afganistan and Iraq. Now that the UN is doing something that I was sure that would enrage some people, obviusly nobody thought that a 4-6 month wait for the UN to take action, was bad.

quote: if you ever truly want to know what we think i suggest you try an approach that isn't just angry, inflammatory rhetoric hehe reverse that on yourself and a few other people... how many times have people asked what people though and my reponce is returned with nothing but anger.

Just because I view things differently. Do you just hold a double standerd? Opinions are fine as long as they agree with yours?

Delete

dR pSYcHo
dR pSYcHo

Total posts: 88
Posted:I'm not going to throw myself into what appears to be a full on heated debate. I'd just like to raise the point that though Stupid White Men is an amusing and easy read that highlights some important points, it only really scratches the surface... And is grossly overquoted by sooooo many people... A good, evidence based appraisal of Americas foreign policy (current and historical) and approach to other countries (particularly developing) is set out in many books by Naom Chomsky (I'm sure most of u have read some of his work; if not you should!) (I read several of his books and am currently working through New World Order - V.good, bit heavy but educational)

The point is he puts accross logical, structured EVIDENCE BASED arguments without resorting to "America bashing" as u put it.. And it does highlight that yes, the American Foreign Policy has classicly been (and still is) highly agressive with a "whats in it 4 us" approach.. This has been validated with years and years of examples; there's no denying that the US provides help and support to countries; but if ur gonna debate then go out and check ALL the facts rather than polarising your view - Cause they're actually very unsettling.... (My current axe to grind is on GATS, but that's a different kettle of fish entirely...)

Good thread though; some great links there

taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco Damn those MexICan BANdits taco taco taco taco TACOFICATION taco taco taco taco taco taco

Delete

frostypaw
Great balls of fire
Posted:quote:And being that you didn't exist 180 years ago your idea of the general trend in America in 1820 is pure speculation.That's why we read history books eh?

They tell us what happened and stuff. Not so confusing mister. Besides the history of racism in america and other countries is very well documented

and if it got to the extent that we started shipping them out of the country - under whatever guise - then it would have to be pretty bad eh?

anyhows that's history and well documented by other people - not much point in me arguing it, it's known. yes there were some people who helped them - but it's still horrific that the situation arose that they had to in the first place which was the original point on this bizzare tangent.

i'm not changing words or owt. there's only so much point trying to pretend what's written down in history forever didn't happen.

back to ray:
quote:Now that the UN is doing something that I was sure that would enrage some people, obviusly nobody thought that a 4-6 month wait for the UN to take action, was bad.Whoops Ray you seem to have missed this entire discussion and our pointing out that the UN has been doing something for A Long Time.

Really - come on.

I can SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Delete

Enter a "Title" here:
Posted:Well... Since before the first world war, America has fought for other people, loaned money to other countries and has yet to force its hand with getting our money back. Our national det would be less if we could just get countries like France, England and Germany to pay us back.

So of course we are going to be wanting our share of the pie.

It is only natural.

Frosty, granted the UN had done somethings, they have their hands just about everywhere somehow. Thats just the way it is. But doing ALOT?? I wouldnt exactly call it that.

quote: and if it got to the extent that we started shipping them out of the country - under whatever guise - then it would have to be pretty bad eh? They were not shipped out of the country! Those that wanted to leave left. This was charity not we hate blacks so lets get rid of them.

Damn you are a racist basterd. Why do I say this? Because you keep calling everyone elseone. I just figure that your trying to find someone who will agree with you so you can have a little play pal.

Delete

frostypaw
Great balls of fire
Posted:quote:Damn you are a racist basterd. Why do I say this? Because you keep calling everyone elseone. I just figure that your trying to find someone who will agree with you so you can have a little play pal.calling me a racist to try and turn this back on me is just a bizzare tactic

that whole paragraph and reply is bizzare!

er... carry on with the little fantasy.

summary:
ray accuses us of not giving a shit that the UN isn't doing anything in Liberia
we point out to ray that the UN's been doing something about it for ages and it's only the US that's just caught up
ray resorts to wild retorts and accusations of racism to cover up.

whatever dude.

I can SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Delete

Enter a "Title" here:
Posted:Hrmm... insteresting summery, not quite true though. What I did do at the begingin was grab attention. You know its like a car advet on TV, a bright colour was used to grab your attention.

Did I know everything, no, but what I did know is that the UN would not be sending in their people (this is different from another countries people) for 4-6 months. This is what I was commenting on.

I was also trying to point out that if the US tried something like that, there would be an outcry here on these boards.

Racisim had no bearing on the topic untill... YOU!! brought it up!!!

You have sat there and said that Americans were "getting rid" of ex-slaves. Due to their behavior, sending them to this place across the seas where they will never bother the white man again. Your own "proof" of this, says the exact opposite. You have yet to admit this and even though several people have told you that you are wrong, you still try to play it off as if you are right.

You keep trying to point out racisim where there isnt any, why? Are you trying to divert attention from an aspect of your life?

Hmm... still trying to spin the topic ehh??

Delete

frostypaw
Great balls of fire
Posted:So ray let me get this right - you don't think racism had anything to do with the ex-slaves being transported off and liberia being formed?

just need to check that to stem my disbelief

the rest of your post is obvious nonsense as the UN has been working on the situation for quite some time, we all know this by now so don't bother.

I can SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Delete

Flameflinger
Total posts: 27
They were not shipped out of the country! Those that wanted to leave left.
Hang about - think about this. Are you honestly saying that the African Americans enjoyed American slavery? Because if you are you need to go down to your local farm ownerand get him to put you into bonds, beat you (or not - but it did happen) feed you just enough to keep you alive, and make you do all the work just to get the feel for what it must have been like.
If the slaves had the choice of leaving then why the hell would they stay? Its slavery for god's sake!! Not like an afternoon science class - they couldnt just go "yep i've had enough of this. Later mate!"
I think not....
Im not being vindictave (yet) but maybe all that californian sun has gone to your head Ray - do you realise how youre coming across?
Maybe you do have a legitimate point, but resorting to mud flinging doesnt get anyone anywhere... Flameflinging however....

We are all in the gutter. But some of us are trying to set it alight...You can't be a proper country without a beer. Possibly an airline and a rugby team, but at the very least you need a beer.Eat Well, Stay Fit, Die Anyway

Delete

Flameflinger
Posted:Oh and another thing - about the UN.
The UN is a useless organization - we all now its no good - but its all we got... Personally i feel that a security council where you can have (14 + 5) opinions, yet it only takes one veto to bring the whole thing down is no security at all. For heavens sake at least two of those countries shouldnt even be there - Britain and France. Britain and France were put there because of their imperial past - which is now irralavent, because those empires are now largely dissapated.
Yes i am anti-US. However, i see exactly what Ray is talking about - jumping on the back of a US bashing bandwagon simply becuase of lack of real knowledge about the issue at hand. Not everything the US does is bad - they donate millions in aid, however they have a history (past and recent) of appalling foreign policy towards governments, and individuals that they feel are challenging them in their imperial quest for supremacy. There are so many examples of US corruption, arrogance, and imperialism - take Vietnam, take Cuba, take AlQuada. But the important distinction to make - with respect to americans like Ray - is that not every body in America nessicarily agrees with their government.
I completely understand your frustration Ray about protesters who simply take the easy option of bashing America in protest situations. I wish these people would go away, read some books, do some research and understand a bit more what they are talking about.
But its not going to happen - and think about it - there is a reason why people are anti-america. The US is routinely cast as the villain in the media. Why? Think about some of the things that have already come up in the last couple of months - sexing up of WoMD dossiers, fake info given, blatant disregard for signed treaties etc etc. Although the US is not all bad, please dont try to support the US as giver of life without acknowledging that the American Government (note the distinction between "Government" and "you") is one of the biggest threats to the world.
You are insulting us, and insulting yourself.
In closing - there is no such thing as a war against terrorism - because war is terrorism

We are all in the gutter. But some of us are trying to set it alight...You can't be a proper country without a beer. Possibly an airline and a rugby team, but at the very least you need a beer.Eat Well, Stay Fit, Die Anyway

Delete

Enter a "Title" here:
Posted:Frosty, are you insaine? Yes racisim had everything to do with it the ex-slaves leaving, they left to ESCAPE the racisim. They were helped by white Americans who were not racist. They were helped not because of their free status, but because people had mercy and didnt want them to suffer any longer.

Flameflinger, no they didnt, where did you get that idea?

Actually it was ex-slaves, that left, and some that escaped the people who immorally bought them.

Actually it is probably all the smog in Asia that has effected my brain, I havnt been in California in just shy of a year! Thanks for playing though!

There is something that you dont understand about the US. I am the Government, So is every other US citizen that is of voteing age! So in all actuallity anything you say against the Government you are saying against me.

I feel there is a difference between war and terrorisim, but you couldnt and wouldnt understand why.

So what do you know about Cuba Vietnam, and Al Quida?

Hrm... did you know that the US wasnt the first to land in Vietnam? Howabout the 100+ nukes sitting 90 miles from the US? Sounds to me like someone was planning stuff.

Al Quida was responsible for terrorisim in many countries, true we didnt launch a major offensive untill they stung us. But they were still there.

Delete

frostypaw
Great balls of fire
Posted:quote:Frosty, are you insaine? Yes racisim had everything to do with it the ex-slaves leaving, they left to ESCAPE the racisim.FINALLY you've got it lol

can ya even remember why we were arguing about it now?

was from me saying this:
quote:Don't you dare try and use the fact that your esteemed country has FINALLY chipped into the Liberia situation (a country created by America to get rid of it's 'dissident' slaves who wouldn't accept that black=inferior) - which as you can see the UN has been working on for a long time - as a stick to beat us with. quote:Frosty, are you insaine? Yes racisim had everything to do with it the ex-slaves leaving, they left to ESCAPE the racisim.I'm glad you agree.

I can SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Delete

Flameflinger
Posted:For ****s sake you moron!!! I was trying to be nice, but if you really want to fight about this - think about what you are saying! Get this - AMERICA FUNDED AL QUAEDA!!!!! YOU GAVE OSAMA BIN LADEN TRAINING SO HE WOULD FIGHT AGAINST THE RUSSIANS!!! Do you have any clue what you're on about? Christ almighty America launched a war in Vietnam simply because they saw economic gains in the region, and felt that communism was a threat to their rednecked sense of security! They went in precisly for the powerplay of weakening the USSR at a time when communism was developing in more and more countries! So what happens? the US loses, leaves the country ****ed up (scuse me) then proceeds to ignore it and everyone who has anything to do with it (think about cambodia, and the dictatorship of pol pot). Thats called being a sore loser, and its one of many flaws that the over exagerated sense of arrogance excerberates in the US. I f you are the government then why the hell arent you doing something about it? Jeez you say youve read stupid white men , so WAKE THE **** UP!!! If they're screwingyou over its for no other reason except that they know you're stupid enough that they can get away with it! Instead of bitching at others who bash the US take your own stand and get out there and do something about the situation in your own country. Its the anniversary of Martin Luther Kings famous speech, and you white americans still wont concede that maybe you are wrong sometimes. People thought MLK was a fool during his time - he was assinated for what he believed in - yet now what he thought was wrong, is commonly percieved.... as wrong! Can you imagine living in a racially segregated society as being right? Course you cant! Maybe you can learn something from this, but then again maybe you really are blinded by your own arrogance. You competely chose to ignore some of the major points in my reply, and back away from what i was talking about. Maybe you really are your government - just like Bush - American, Stupid and Arrogant. Hmph!

Delete

poiaholic22

I am the Government, So is every other US citizen that is of voteing age! Please don't remind us.

Delete

frostypaw
Great balls of fire
Posted:I'd say the worst effect of terrorism has to be the effect on the children.

Wonder where more people died - in the attack on the US, or in the US's invasion of vietnam?

Or indeed from their sanctions and operations against cuba?

Don't forget Ray - there's many sides and viewpoints to consider, and while Al Qaeda's acts may have appeared to be terrorism to you - it may well have been war to them.

Just as your country dropped a nuclear device, the hydrogen bomb, on Hiroshima and leveled an entire city - using terror to finish a war, terror on a global scale - they used terror against you

Looks rather different from the other side though eh.

It can be hard to see these other viewpoints, but they exist and can't be discounted so easily.

I can SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Delete

Page: 123