Forums > Social Discussion > Confirmed death of Uday and Qusay

Login/Join to Participate

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
Surprised no one else has posted on this one yet...

Last night the military confirmed killing High-Profile Targets #2 and 3, who some would recognize as Uday and Qusay Hussein.

This brought to memory an article I had read a while back on those two, and I found it again online for the reading pleasure of whoever cares to see it. I believe it illustrates some of the evil of the monsters we are trying to track down. I challenge you to read the article in its entirety and tell me either one of these men could still be considered human in any regard.

https://www.maximonline.com/articles/article_4211.html

Yes, it's MAXIM magazine, but I consider their reports on world affairs to be pretty solid journalism.

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
It is good that they are out of the Iraqis hair but imagaine the info that died with em... ohh well... nothing is ever easy.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
yeah, I agree. I was wondering about that. In his press conference, Lt Gen Sanchez seemed extremely eager (and very arrogant) to ignore the question "why, having superior firepower and knowing that they were in there, did they not just siege them out?" (couldnt find the exact quote but that was basically it).
dont get me wrong, I do think it is a good thing they are no longer with us, would simply like to know more about why they weren't captured.

Your life is ending one minute at a time...
So live it.

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
oh, and read the article.
they are still human in every regard, and just go to show the atrocities we are capable of.

Your life is ending one minute at a time...
So live it.

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
I would guess that they weren't captured alive because they would be a huge political liability in that state. Once it was revealed that they were in custody and some information was gotten out of them, everyone would accuse the US of having tortured them or whatever whether there was actaully any proof of it or not. Then what to do with them after? Put them on trial for attrocities? That would be a total mess too. I would guess that someone made the decision that whatever information they might have wasn't worth the political fallout of actually having to actually deal with those two in humane terms.

It's harsh words I suppose, but I suppose it is better for everyone in this case that they are dead, including Uday and Qusay. Don't look for Saddam to be captured alive either.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

729 posts

Posted:
One point also brought up on a radio show I was listening to...

The people of Iraq are terrified of the Hussein family. After a generation of what amounts to mental and emotional slavery, the people are too afraid to speak out against them out of fear that they'll somehow get loose and hunt them down. It's irrational, but a very deep fear. These men are beyond human to the citizens of their country, they are demons capable of horrendous atrocities, and are capable of hunting down and torturing anyone who even mentions the world might be better without them in charge.

Capturing those two and incarcerating them while the world bickered over how to conduct their trial would leave the Iraqi people afraid and unwilling to cooperate with coalition forces. Their deaths, hopefully after confirmation and public notice, will help the people of Iraq to stop living beneath the shadow of terror they have spent their whole lives under - which means they may be more willing to share information, documents, etc that can aid the Coalition in their mission. Though this is a toss-up and may not be the case, I have a nagging suspicion that more will come forward now and in the future.

2,905 posts

Posted:
Like the Lt. Gen. said the commanders on the groud, that were at the scene, were the ones and the only ones who could decide if a seige or breach was the best course of action.

I think Dio is right, there may have been a worse fall out if they were captured alive.

However, I think that they will do everything in their power to capture Sadam alive. I think he is too big of a trophy to be killed off just yet.

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
Geez you figure that after a big catch like Uday and Qusay maybe they'll find some of those WMD's soon.

Or have they already? I'm a little out of the loop these days.

2,905 posts

Posted:
I think I am in the same loop as you, I usually get news a day behind everyone else, but nope no WMDS yet.

I still think they are there, a country 1 1/2 the size of Texas has a lot of places to hide things wouldnt ya think?

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
Saddam is a bastard, but he's not an idiot. There are no WMD anymore. He had more than ample time to read the writing on the wall and destroy any evidence of WMD long before any invasion could be realized. At some point their existance became too large of a political liability, but their presumed existance continued to be a useful tool for him to use to sucker the States into doing something politically stupid. It worked like a charm, though perhaps things went a little further than Saddam had hoped (or perhaps not).

The whole thing is like accusing the guy next door of stealing your stereo and then telling him that if he doesn't give it back you are going to call the cops in exactly 7 days but will still have him arrested if he does give it back. What kind of moron would still have the stereo in his house a week later? The only person you can blame when everyone gets pissed at you for failing to provide evidence of the theft is yourself.

The Bush administration set itself up for this embarrasment plain and simple. This is just another example of how clueless they are about anything that doesn't directly involve lining their pockets with gold.

And I seriously doubt Saddam will be captured alive. No matter how big a "trophy" he might be, his dead body has almost all the political advantages and a tiny fraction of the political liabilities of him being captured alive. As with his sons, it is better for absolutely everyone if he is stone cold dead when he turns up next. If George W. Moron can't figure that one out, he should be drawn and quartered. But at least up to this point there has been almost zero evidence exhibited that there is any interest in taking him alive. The tactics have been none to subtle on that point. If anything, extreme overkill is the standing order.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

2,905 posts

Posted:
I dissagree so much... I cant even put it into words, its frustraiting really hehe

729 posts

Posted:
quote:
a country 1 1/2 the size of Texas
It all makes perfect sense to me now... this war...

Texans don't like to hear about ANYTHING being bigger than what they got

2,905 posts

Posted:
Well let me tell you something to confirm that theory, not only is Bush Texan, but the majority of the Corps is too! I kid you not, I swear it man like 60% are from Texas.

729 posts

Posted:
Hahaha I am so in trouble for that comment

Dio runs and hides from the Texan girlfriend