Forums > Social Discussion > Jessica Lynch... America's Hero?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
MeneeococoaGOLD Member
torn and bleeding warrior of love
133 posts

Posted:
This is something that my cousin wrote awhile back, and I think that it still applies to even now. What do you think?

Jessica Lynch... America's Newest Hero

Jessica Lynch. Hmm... where to start. For those who have absolutely no idea who she is, I'll break it down for you. Jessica Lynch is a Private First Class for the US Army. She was part of the 507th Maintenance Company which is based in Fort Bliss, TX. She was deployed to Iraq for Operation Iraqi Freedom. A convoy which took a wrong turn in Nasiriya (Iraq) and was ambushed by Iraqi soldiers. Jessica Lynch was taken prisoner.
According to reports I've read, an Iraqi citizen went out of his way to give the US information to her whereabouts, which ended up being in a hospital. A team of US Army Rangers, Special Forces, Navy SEALs, Marines, and Air Force pilots risked their lives for her successful and safe return home. Jessica Lynch was beaten pretty severely. Her arm was broken, as was both her legs, along with a spinal injury.
So now she's back home, safe. All is well, she's made it thru surgery and will be making a quick recovery. Turn on the TV, and there she is. America's Hero. A living, breathing, inspiration to every female in America.
?America's hero has just received a FULL SCHOLARSHIP TO THE COLLEGE OF HER CHOOSING, STATE FUNDED!!!
?The media reports that she is being offered more than $8,000,000 in endorsement money. Wow.
?The radio announced that her parents are reading thru Hollywood movie scripts.
?The Lynch family is also offered a free, all expense paid vacation in Maui by whatever hotel.
What. The. ****. Someone please explain to me what magical thing this chic did to deserve all these hand outs?
Lets go over that again. FREE Ride thru College, $8 million in endorsements, Hollywood movie, free hawaii vacation.... all for ****ing up and taking the wrong turn. What kinda shit is that. How can anyone justify rewarding someone for screwing up???
Ok ok ok, maybe I'm being a little bit insensitive. Let me back track a little bit. I totally realize that she has been through absolute HELL and BACK. Being tortured by Iraqi soldiers has got to be the worst feeling of pain imaginable. Being a female, it must have been twice as unpleasant, and I wouldn't doubt that she was raped. Yeah, that's gotta suck. There is a very good chance I will never ever, in my entire life have to endure the pain that she has been put through. I totally commend her and feel she truly deserves the Purple Heart that will be given to her, along with the praise and gratitude that her comrades and higher ups will give her. That being said, this has gone way too far.
This chic signed on the same dotted lines as any other US Armed Forces member, including myself. She knew what she was signing up for, right? Or did she. In an interview with her, she stated the only reason she joined the Army was for the Montgomery GI Bill, which was to take her thru school so that she could become a teacher. She attempted to evade Iraq as best she could. I believe her direct quote was "This is not what I signed up for." Everyone bask in the glory of America's Newest Hero.
Oh are we forgetting that she wasn't the only POW? What about all the other POWs that will come home, are they going to get a free ride too? Surely if a female POW received free college for being captured that a Male will as well. ?Did the soldiers of Vietnam or desert storm get to pick their free college? Nope. What about royalties from movies? Vacations? Better people have endured worse things and received no rewards.

What about the thousands of men and women out there STILL FIGHTING

I need to find something witty for this so people like me...

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Hehe, ya well I have seen that before and I think she is full of Shite! Welcome to the darker side of war. The media's fix on it. She was no hero, the heros were those Soldiers and Marines that pulled every American held at that hospital. How many died in that rescue? I think it was 2, I could be wrong, but still, where is the trip to Hawaii for their familes? It is a load of crap and it is unacceptable.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
hehehe. Those marines sure were heros ray! The way they walked into that hospital, encountered absolutly no resistance and retrieved the patients. I guess shooting the shots at nothing to make it look like they were fighting someone was the heoric part, covering up in a big ****ing publicity gig sure is about #4 on my list of heroic deeds

No I won't find you a source for this, find it yourself.

[ 19. July 2003, 11:03: Message edited by: Astar ]

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
I do agree that this whole array of gifts she's receiving is overblown and more than likely due to the media hype rather than any sort of service she's rendered. Soldiers have risked way more, for way less recognition.

BUT, on the converse, I don't see any point in stripping her gifts away just because no one else is receiving them. Some soldiers may undoubtedly get a morale boost out of seeing one of their own recognized. And, some may resent her, feeling they've shed worse blood than she has. But how does one solve this problem? Should we take her stuff all away and distribute it equally among the soldiers in her group? Among all the armed forces in Iraq right now? Or perhaps rejoice in the fact that one soldier, who has demonstrated heroism in one form or another, more than some and less than others, is getting recognition for her actions?

The groups donating stuff to her are probably doing so because it's free advertising for them (that's the meaning behind "endorsements," it ain't just free money), and they get to feel all warm and tingly knowing they've given something to a media icon. When it gets boiled down, she's not really receiving anything for her heroism except for surgery and therapy. She just happens to be in the spotlight and so the companies in question get to use that to their financial advantage - just think how much nicer a company seems when they get to write "endorsed by media icon hero girl."

As far as the college thing goes - most reservists pay their way through college by working one weekend a month and 2 weeks in the summer... The government offers a LOT of incentive to people who join up. It's not something dramatically new to see military funding put a person through their education, and putting Ms. Lynch through college for her service doesn't seem like such a big deal by comparison. She hasn't been discharged from the military (to my knowledge), and I assume she'll be asked to return to service once she's able, so she's really not seeming special in this regard.

So yeah, she's getting a lot of stuff. A LOT of stuff. And most of it is more than other people in worse positions will ever see. But it's not because of heroism or some great achievement on her part, it's for the good of those giving the things to her.

She still deserves recognition and support from all of us though, because there is no doubt, whatever the case may be, that she has endured more than most of us ever will, voluntarily and without expectation for any sort of reward. Please don't let the media blitz or all the donations/gifts/endorsements misguide your opinions of her or what she's done in service to our country. Just let them serve as a reminder that thousands more of our brothers and sisters are in the same boat as she was, and they don't expect ANY luxury or awards for doing so. She and the others ARE ALL heroes.

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
I do agree medals are handed out way to much in the american army. When the canadians reached the north pole with an ice breaker for the first time the americans gave all the canadians on the ship military medals of some sort. I mean they aren't even in the military, let alone the US military nor are they citizens of the US.

MeneeococoaGOLD Member
133 posts

Posted:
I agree with what he was saying. Of course she's not asking for it, but she's still getting all this free stuff. I'll tell you...the problem isn't her... it's the freakin corporate world. It's enough that there is news everyday about celebrities and corporate stuff, all of which are turned into hype. But when they take the moral of something such as the military and they turn it into another corporate ploy to make money, that's when you find out who the real devils of this world are.

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Especially when they fake rescueing someone from what is an unguarded hospital by just running up and down stairs and fireing blanks.

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
Just because of the type of person I am I think I would be a little bit ashamed of myself to accept the kind of recognition she is receiving.

"There is no "I" in team."

2,905 posts

Posted:
Astar, you have a lot of hate in you.

Personally I have 2 ribbons (will get the theird after I get back to the states) and 1 medal, thats it. After nearly three years and three deployments thats all I have. Yep we get medals and awards way to often!

(Edit)
Now that I'm done hitting the wrong button, I will continue

You know something Asstar, Marines didnt fire a single shot in the hospital, they were flying the helos, though they did take in comming fire, so I guess that must mean something was out there guarding the hospital.

Ohh and two soldiers dieing ya, that must mean that the hospital wasnt empty.

She can always refuse, the movie deal is crap the college is crap, but a few weeks in Hawaii... well I personally couldnt argue too much, seen as how in the past year I have take 0 days of leave! Anyhoo... thats just me.

[ 20. July 2003, 11:38: Message edited by: Raymund Phule ]

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
I wouldn't say Astar has hate in him at all; I'd just say he's skeptical. I know I am. I must have heard the same piece of news that he did, because I also heard that the "rescue" was largely a media production. Now, that report could be an exaggeration or a complete fabrication. However, I think it's just as likely as the "actual" story is a fabrication. The US government knew how important it would be to put produce a hero in the midst of all the confustion; someone that country could rally behind, leaving the debate at the wayside. Propaganda plays a large part of any war, for or against it.

I'm not terribly up-to-date with war matters, so take my comments for what you may. But either way, I'd say take any story- pro U.S. or anti U.S.- with a grain of salt.

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Ray why don't you just watch the news and you would know what im talking about, seriously.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
The Private Lynch story is a great example that propaganda is alive and thriving in the US, and that most US citizens swallow it whole.

It would appear that the facts are something like this:
Private Lynch received numerous injuries - and four comrades riding with her were killed - after their Humvee utility vehicle was hit by a rocket-propelled grenade and crashed into another vehicle in their convoy at a speed of roughly 45mph - source U.S. Army report. There was no heroic gun fight, and it would seem no gunshot wounds.She suffered no further damage at the hands of the Iraqis. It actually appears that Lynch got the best medical care that the crippled Iraqi medical system could give, better than the treatment Iraqi's themselves would getI find no mention of any US personnel being injured or killed in the operation that 'freed' LynchThe rescue operation was a media ploy. A photo of Lynch on the helicopter shows here looking pretty well, and clutching a US flag. Is a spare US flag usual equipment for a highly danger infiltration into an enemy base, or is it a propaganda tool?The rescue operation was unnecessary. The Iraqi doctor looking after Lynch will tell you that he had arranged to drive her to a US Army checkpoint in an ambulance. However as the ambulance approached the US troops fired warning shots, forcing them to turn back. He'll also tell you there was no military presence at the hospital.Along with her convenient amnesia about her entire time in captivity, Army and Government officials told her and her family to not say anything about the captivity and rescue. Maybe because holes would appear? So, it's all a load of rubbish, and the US public loved it and they still are.

MeneeococoaGOLD Member
133 posts

Posted:
i agree with what most of you are saying...

......but hey, not all US citizens are that gullible.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
hey, I know that. However it seems that a lot of people accept what they're told, throughout the world. The propaganda and brainwashing evident in everyday life throughout the US means that the majority of the US public loves a story such as this and won't even think about any other aspects than what they're told.

FireMeccaBRONZE Member
69 posts

Posted:
I am a skeptic by nature, and would not be surprised if the rescue was staged. I would also not be surprised if it was completely honest. Or anything in between. I guess I am just not easily surprised.

Dom, where did you get your info? The media of some sort, I am betting, as I am 'skeptical' you know someone who was there. You probably would have said so otherwise.

I have read dozens of articles since The Great Lynch Rescue(TM), and peoples' opinions on the matter just reinforce my feelings on subject of truth:

1. the majority of us choose our own truth, with no personal proof or divine revelation, based upon what is reported to us;

2. the truth we choose is the one we are usually most comfortable with, the one that already supports their ideologies and viewpoints.

There are probably some facts and truth out there. I don't know what is true, what is factual, about the rescue. On what hand, it is disappointing to see the people here pick a viewpoint based on generally unproveable, unverifiable information and accuse others as ignorant. On the other hand, how is that avoidable? It's how most of us eat, vote, and otherwise make important decisions about our lives; by gathering what general media says and deciding what is true. But that does not necessarily make it Truth.

MJ

PS. At the time of The Rescue, I thought it was wonderful and I was uplifted. When reports of possible "faking" came out, I was disappointed. I don't know what is true about The Rescue.

[ 22. July 2003, 04:36: Message edited by: Flamma Aeterna ]

That which does not kill me, only makes me stranger.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
quote:

On what hand, it is disappointing to see the people here pick a viewpoint based on generally unproveable, unverifiable information and accuse others as ignorant

In my experience a lot of the people here base their views on a lot of thinking and a good deal of different inputs.

A lot of the information was in the mainstream printed press and TV over here, so can't quote a lot, but here's a try:

The report on the mess up that led to capture: BBC News, The Guardian
Article related to the BBC's Correspondent programme that interviewed the doctors. Associated Press reporters also interviewed the doctors and I know the The Times and The Telegraph also printed stories about their side of the story. Salon also ublished an article.
Lynch family silence

But don't forget the main fact that points to this being propaganda: There were other soldiers captured and rescued alongside Lynch, and there was little or no press focus on them, no press conferences organised by the Army. Lynch was chosen as a story because she was a woman, young, and from small town America. The perfect propaganda tool. A butch guy just won't have pulled the public's heart strings.

FireMeccaBRONZE Member
69 posts

Posted:
Dom,

I was not saying that you did not have sources for what you were saying, I was saying that we rely so much on media and the varying stories or the often contradictory "facts" that can be found, that the attitude of this thread was a little harsh. Quoting articles does not make somethign proveable
Your average US citizen who reads the average US paper or sees the average US news probably saw a tiny part of the controversy surrounding the rescue, and would choose their turth to be the comfortable idea that she was a hero.
I don't dispute whether she is, and totally I agree with you (and OPX) that she is a propaganda tool. I disagree that it is a fact that the rescue itself was totally a tool of the propaganda machine, because I have seen too much information/contradictions to invest in either extreme; that she was part of a heroic rescue, or that the rescue operation encountered no danger.

MJ

That which does not kill me, only makes me stranger.

Tikamember
106 posts

Posted:
You guys should check out this BBC documentry called War Spin.
https://www.sf.indymedia.org/news/2003/05/1614415.php

2,905 posts

Posted:
Yall can read whatever any reporter wrote, either in support of the rescue mission or against, but the fact remains that people did go in and pull her out. If you are argueing on what the motive was, then just stop now, because you THE UNKNOWING PUBLIC (who coincidentaly think they know everything) dont know everything nor will you ever no matter what the media says. I wont know everything, so really your just arguing for the sake of argueing. Its like the debate over what is better MCRD Paris Island or MCRD San Diego. ****ING POINTLESS!!!

Is it bull shit that people are offering her all this extra stuff? Hell yes it is, but if I wanted to give a million dollars to a bum on the street is it not mine to give?

Give it a ****ing rest people, my goodness what on earth will you accomplish by slandering someone who isnt even here to defend herself?

Why dont we just pick on Dom while he isnt here, or maybe Cass?? I mean atleast they could come in down the road and rebuttle?

But no, continue to go after the easy targets like a bunch of 3rd grade sniviling twits that you are.

Yep your so ****ing open minded it kills me. **** people its int he past let it ****ing rest.

Damn your all ****ing hate mongerers!

884 posts

Posted:
Ray, man, no one here is attacking you, let alone attacking you because you're an "easy target"! You are taking things WAY too personally.

You're right, the public doesn't know everything, which gives us evermore reason to question what we're told. Fully believing a story one way or the other is just silly. I think most people here would be willing to concede that, yes, they don't know exactly what went down during that rescue.

Also, there is no slander of Jessica Lynch taking place. Nobody can doubt her bravery or her dutiful service. This is about the government playing up that story to rally nationalistic support for a war is taking place for other reasons.

Besides, this is just an examination of one possible case of propaganda use. Nobody here has said that only the US uses propaganda, so this isn't an anti-US attack! Haven't you heard the debate over the reasoning behind Blair's support of the war?

2,905 posts

Posted:
I know that it is propaganda even if the story told was 100% true. But I still feel you are all trying to make a mountain out of an ant hill.

How this story was fabricated with soldiers fireing blanks

ya well... thats a big ****ing insult to me, thats a slap in my face, even if it wasnt you who originally said the words your still repeating them as if you ****ing know it is all fact!

My goodness people thats like saying AIDS makes you healthy!

People wouldnt be talking about it 4 or 5 months after the fact if it wasnt such an easy target.

Hey Dom, you ever hear of keeping something a secret? There may be some things they cant tell and that they have already told everything they can! Imagine that, the whole world isnt a conspiricy theory!

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Raymund Phule:
you ever hear of keeping something a secret? ... Imagine that, the whole world isnt a conspiricy theory!
yet all conspiracy theories are based on exactly that - that not only are secrets kept but alternative 'truths' are released to divert attention away from the facts.

i think people will still talk about it as long as it seems that the truth is being hidden or replaced with fiction. people haven't forgotten about jfk yet... or do you think he was just another 'easy target'

sorry - that was in jest but seriously, with reference to this sentence:
"People wouldnt be talking about it 4 or 5 months after the fact if it wasnt such an easy target."
what exactly makes this 'such an easy target' anyway...? maybe its the fact that the truth is unclear, or that reports seem to conflict, or that it all doesn't quite add up and when questions are asked, they remain unanswered.

i understand the need for classified information during a war but after the fact, 'keeping secrets' from the civilians of the country the actions were taken on behalf is always going to sound somewhat suspicious...

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Actually I do think ray is an easy target, and this knowledge is responsible for many of my posts, but not any in this thread.

884 posts

Posted:
Ray, given what occured, it's the media that is making the mountain out of the molehill. People who are bringing it up 4-5 months later are just showing that people still question what they hear.

And as a matter of fact, it so happens I don't believe the words that I repeated. I don't think the military is stupid enough to send troops into any combat situations without real ammo, no matter what the circumstances.

Please remember that it is possible to hold an idea in your head, to consider it and give it thought and discussion, without believing it to the core of your being. People can discuss what they have heard on the news without being anti-US for doing so. I repeated what I heard to balance out your belief that two soldiers had been killed in the operation, which I consider ludicrous. How has nobody else heard about this? The media would be the last ones to play down the opportunity to create a new set of heroes.

With all possible respect, please explain to me why it's a slap in your face to hear these kinds of discussions. We know you to be a loyal, patriotic, and passionate person, all of which are wholly commendable qualities. Such are the qualities of all those in your profession, I would imagine. The fact that the media chooses to prostitue those qualities to make a story speaks volumes about them, and not you. Any thinking person would realize this. Nobody blames the Marines for sensationalism. You can't take things so personally!

And it's nothing like say AIDS makes you healthy! Please exalain what that was supposed to mean, because it's a terribly strong statement that doesn't parallel with this situation in any clear way.

As coleman said, the need to keep information classified from civilians in a time of war is one thing, but playing up dramatic situations to distract from the real issues is entirely another.

Look Ray, I have a lot respect for you and what you do. So please don't take any of this the wrong way, okay? But do tell me where your thinking differs from mine, I am always interested in another viewpoint. Muchos peace to you.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Ray, what do you consider a personal insult to you and why?

If it's about the offical Army report mentioning the way the guns failed, then I know you weren't personally responsible for their weapons.

If it because of the suggestion they were fiting blanks, then why?

And do you suggest that we don't question anything we don't have all the facts about and instead believe everything that your our all knowing, trustworthy governments tell us? Well, sorry, that's rubbish.

Over in the UK the government is facing a massive crisis over it's claims about Saddam's alleged WMDs as some of the claims have been now exposed as pure spin. And it gets more complex and worse, but you can read about that elsewhere. Point is, don't believe things blindly, espically when the people telling you probably have a motive.

2,905 posts

Posted:
Okay...

Nobody ever said dont question things, but you dont have to question everything. Secondly guns jam... did you see any BFA's (Blank Firing Attachments) on the end of those weapons? I didnt, so that would mean that *looks shocked and amazed* they were not firing blanks! Believe me I know all too well how easy it is for a gun to jam. Yes guns jam very easily when using blanks but that really doesnt mean that they were firing blanks.

Not to mention I dont know what type of weapons they were using, hell if they were using MP5s then all bets are off hehe those jam like its NY City at 5 on Friday! If they were using M4 Carbine, or even the new M16 A4 then I really cant tell you because I have had very little contact with those weapons. So ask someone with a bit of knowlege about weapons before you go spout out shit about how things failed so they must be firing blanks. Please give some credit where it is due.

What is a slap in my face and something that I take very personally is when someone with ****ing 0 military experiance feels that they have the right to criticise the only people out there willing to die for them. Damn yall talk like you know something. You dont, read all the ****ing books you want, but there is nothing like personal experiance. You dont know, cant comprehend, SO STOP TRYING!!

Paddy, I could be wrong about those two deaths, hell I really have yet to go back and reread every little bit about that mission. If I am wrong about them than so be it. Shit happens.

When people trash talk as if they know something, then I take things very personally.

What I mean by the Aids comment was that yall were saying things that you have heard second hand, thus hearse and taking it as fact! As we all know AIDS is a serius problem in the world, and definatly doesnt make you healthy, but I have to wonder at times if BBC came out with a story about how AIDS saved somebodys life, how many of you would believe it?

Question what you hear, yes that is a good practice, but dont talk as if you know what the hell is going on, dont regurgitate the BS that some reporter is saying. I mean damn think for yourself BBC and CNN dont need to do the thinking for you.

Coleman, How do you know the Lynch case is lies or fiction as you put it? How in the **** could you possibly know? Were you there? No I really doubt it. So how can you truly know?

JFK is another story all together, who knows what really happend there. Oswald was killed, and the truth died with him.

Secrets are kept for reasons. Sorry bud but why the hell should I tell you the combo to the vault at the armoury? Hmm?? It is a secret, and it is one for a reason. If there are secrets kept in the Lynch case they are kept for a reason. Who the **** are you to question that reason? YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO KNOW EVERYTHING!! Or does it say otherwise in the constitution?

Do you know that in the US you do not have the right to be happy? You have the right to persue happiness, but you do not have the right be happy. So, what makes you think you have the right to know everything the Government does or doesnt do, or what the military does or doesnt do?

You have the right to ask the questions, but you dont have the right to get the answers.

Anything you manage to come up with on your own is a fabricated fantasy and will remain so untill the absolute truth is told.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Is it possible to fire blanks without a Blank Firing Attachment?

wan hwo renmember
86 posts

Posted:
I think of the military, especially the american military as a cult. Cults use brainwashing to make people do things that would otherwise be unthinkable. The people that get sucked in by cults are victims, I pity them. I believe that any one of us could be a victim if we were approached at a moment of weakness, however weak minded and emotionally unstable people are probably more likely to be victims to this type of control. The american military is the largest and most despicable cult in the world. It continues to exist because of its all encompassing propoganda.

I think that Ray has continually shown that rational discussion does not reach him. He has demonstrated exactly the type of personality that the military can prey on, create, and exploit.

Maybe it is better to ignore his posts so that reasonable discussions can continue.

All my opinion of course

2,905 posts

Posted:
Wow, all of 17 posts and he thinks he knows me! Of course you are entitled to your opinion. I sure could say a few words about your country but why start the mudslinging agian.

hehe it is funy you said that, because in a way you are right.

In an article in the Times there was a particually funny quote
"The USAF is run like a moderan business, The USA and USN are run like traditional military units. Now the USMC, that is a religion!"

Hehe Well... Jeffory Domer, had no military experiance, and look what unthinkable acts he did.

The military doesnt have to train someone to do unthinkable things, they do it on their own.

The military has also been responsible for many life saving practices, including new joints, heart valves. You would honestly be supprised at what the military cults have done for the world.

The US military is very practiced in what is called MOOTW (mootwa) Military Operations Other Than War. We have built houses and schools, protected houses from being flooded, man the list goes on.

We are probably very close to a cults definition, but we definatly do things that a cult would never dream of.

Dom, yes a weapon can fire blanks with out it, however... once a weapon has been fired with out a BFA it must be manual cocked again to continue the cycle of operation. You see, the weapons used by the US military and especially the weapons they used in the raid, (with the exception of shotguns)
require a projectile traveling down the barrel to produce enough gas pressure to cause a recoil that would complete the cycle of operation.

No BFA means they would have to cock the weapon after every shot.

They were using live ammo folks.

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
You can definatly modify semi-automatic gas operated weapons to fire blanks. It's done ALL the time in holywood, and they don't jam that much.

Ray you seem to want to squash all discussion that is not done with absolute facts. I have seen it again time and time again in threads. Infact it's almost your only method of debating half the time. Guess what buddy, there are no absolute facts. The ones you think there are certainly aren't. Intelligent people who like to discuss things realize this. Dumb people like you come in curseing and swearing, slinging around their resume like a bat and being offended about anything that treads on your precious and silly honour. Obviously we should question everything, because obviously most things we are fed are lies. This can be known by the facts comeing out to the public 50 or 60 years after the fact (try studying any military engagement or political turning point. I mean studying them beyond your stupidly biased history you keep spouting that is only from a USMC perspective)

2,905 posts

Posted:
Absolute fact: I drop an apple it hits the ground! Hrm... No absolute facts ehh?

Hollywood does not use real guns, or atleast very rarely do they use real guns.

If you fire a blank at someone, BFA or no BFA, you can still cause trauma to their skin. A sevier burn even puncture, due to the emence amount of gas pressure.

Another thing, hollywood uses compressed air during the majority of their shoots, not blanks. Seen as how it is illeagle to have weapons that fire at an automatic rate, so obviusly they arnt going to have real guns.

So play up your hollywood idea if you wish, though its like eating a soup-sandwhich!

Ohh bringing the Corps into things... well... lets do a little pop quiz then buddy.

The French and Indian war, who fought in it?

What US presidnet had the shortest term in office?

What was the bloodiest battle in the Pacific Theater of WWII?

What was Lucky Lindy famous for?

Tired of US history?

What is the only monument that can be seen from space and when was it built?

Why was the Eifle Tower built?

You see, history is my favorite subject, I dont know it all but damn if I dont like it. Ohh and all of those questions I knew the answer too long before I ever thought of the Corps or even knew what it was!

So next time you try to belittle someone, find out something about them first.

Like I have said many times before, questions are good, but dont expect to always get an answer. Just because you dont get an answer, doesnt mean that its a coverup, it just means that they arnt going to tell you right then. Maybe somewhere down the road but not right now. Its a fact of life, you wont always get what you want.

Page: