Forums > Social Chat > Dr. Spin invades New York...

Login/Join to Participate

Dr. Spinmember
15 posts

Posted:
Howdy,Just a shout out to all you New York spinners... I'm gonna be visiting friends in the city (Brooklyn actually) next weekend and am looking for other spinners to hook up with for spinning and maybe a nice party to hit.Brief intro: My name's Clark or Dr. Spin, originally from L.A., now in Boston. I spin locally with Nomad, Peregrine, and others in group called Anthelion (anthelion.org). I spin fire, glow, Rav'n lights, Zuni, whatevah. I enjoy deep house and long walks on the beach smileThe funny thing is, some friends of mine (Ron and Memo) were visiting New York this past weekend and said they went to a party near the Brooklyn Bridge and saw some spinners who knew me from this board. So some of you may have met them. They said that one guy was doing crazy wraps with glowsticks.Ciao,Dr. SpinP.S. I just defended my thesis and got my Ph.D. last week so the doctor title is now legit smile and I am in a partying mood.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Yeah, That was me punk! Your boyz were pretty cool! I was spinning at a cool brooklyn party. (Me and you met up when I came out to Boston with Pere and Nomad last summer. I got to play with your $160 worth of photon-thingies.)That was my new crazy raver bud Tao with the crazy glowstick wraps. winkSmall world!I'll email you but Pere has my info if you want to call me and such. There's some cool stuff going on next weekend but I'm not sure where YOU'D go if YOU wanted to burn. I'll be burning at the same venue probably BUT they're strict about not letting strangers show up and spin (logical requirement actually.)Anybody else feel that this fire spinning world of ours is SO small? I keep bumping in to people at totally different venues. Perhaps it's just a New York thing. smile

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
uhm, due to crash and burn of my yahoo account, I dont think i actually have your phone number anymore...i will look. want to send it again?or hey you can call me but i bet you lost mine too. smileand somehow i never see clark since he never goes to spins when i go. always says something about working on his thesis or something. and yo! I am halfway between boston and new york so sometime, party at my place, hey? that will amuse the neighbors....perea hoopy frood who really knows where her towel is...

nomadBRONZE Member
retired
356 posts

Posted:
Hi all,I'll be in nyc this weekend, but not exactly in a party mode: my dad is visiting me from home for a week. I don't even know if i'll bring my poi but you never know. NYC, what's going on this weekend?Nomad

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Nomad, Email me, then email Pere with my email so she can email me. Then, Pere, email me. Then email Clark who already emailed me and I emailed back. I'll see if I can find a roof if not a party... Unless you just want to party which might just be easier. And remember you've got a fold out couch punk!You can always borrow my poi, I still owe you from my first burn. smile

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Insatiable fire-faerie (Angie)BRONZE Member
150 posts

Posted:
Aaaaaw...not fair!!! I wanna come and play, why are you so far away!!!Have a good one !!! smileAngie x------------------"If you alway do what youve always done, youll always get what youve always got".....by 'someone wiser than me'

"You've got red on you!" Shaun of the Dead

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
you know, it's way too forawrd for a girl to email a guy, so i will just sit here waiting by the phone for all these guys to call me smilehohum.*waits**waits**waits*ok thats it. im going to taichi class.. smilePere

Dr. Spinmember
15 posts

Posted:
Alright, so I'll bring my toys, but no expectations. If there's a cool party Saturday night that'd be great. The photons work well for liquid dancing as well...If you could e-mail me your contact info off-board that'd be great.Thanks and hope to see you,Clark

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Angie stop whining. You're coming to Headcharge. And that beats New York hands down any day of the week. tongue------------------C@ntusWe are old, we are young, we are in this together, vagabonds and children, we're prisoners forever, with pulses raging and eyes full of wonder, Kicking out behind us again.

Meh

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
You guys suck. The party kicked ass. Tons of room, great view, cool music, lots of fire people.OK, not for nothing (one of my my favorite expressions) but this is the FIFTH time that HoP people have posted about desires to spin in NYC and then blown me off once I've extended my hospitality. tongueI won't mind in the future if you people post "Desperate to spin in New York City but not with you-NYC"... Frankly it's much less effort for me. winkShout out to the "Chips Ahoy Posse" that did spin on Saturday.[This message has been edited by NYC (edited 12 November 2001).]

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Dr. Spinmember
15 posts

Posted:
Sorry dude!I ended up having a no internet access this weekend and no access to your contact info after Friday... I was pretty wiped out Saturday night anyway...Here's the good news, I am planning to head down to the city this weekend again for the fire conclave at the decompression, so let me know if I need to bring anything special. Keep on spinning,Clark

Kosmik Lunatikmember
58 posts

Posted:
Hey clark If you want to get together this weekend w/ some peeps then I definetly down. I probably talk to some people on Anthelion too.PeaceMoe-Town

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
DeCom should be friggin crazy. I'm resting up for it. Let me know if you need any info...

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

SniperSXnewbie
1 post

Posted:
Can someone put me in the right direction to learn how to do glow sticks? If someone could help me, I really apreciate.