Tikamember
106 posts

Posted:
So it's been about 2 months since the fall of Saddam Hussein regime in Iraq and have things gotten better? Was it worth it? Where are the WMD? Where we misled?
US administrator Paul Bremer announced a more aggressive approach to law and order but there were 85 on US troops in May alone, triple that of the previous month. There is still no reliable means of electricity or water. According to UNICEF children suffering from diarrhoea and related diseases appears to have risen because of contaminated water and damage sewage systems.
Hans Blix has said inspectors found nothing inregards to WMD at sites mentioned by the US and UK. In the US a full-scale Congressional inquiry has been ordered into the possible abuse of intelligence information on WMD. Evidence presented to the UN Secruity Council was said to be manipulated in favor of the coalition. Are we to believe that it will not happen again?
What do you think about "post-Saddam Hussein era" ? Are you optimistic or pessimistic about the outcome and why?

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Hey they are giving them americas best fast food establishments so don't say they didn't do anything to help these people.

I saw a video of a US soldier give a bottle of aquafina water to a little boy, and I saw an iraqi hit saddam with his shoe! Yeah when you balance things out hey did bomb the craddle of civilzation and kill scores of innocents, they did lie to and cheat the citizens of the world, they are forceing iraq to drop out of opec, they are already tapping into the iraq oil profits to "rebuild iraq"

But at the end of the day america and the UK gave water to a little boy and I saw an iraqi hit saddam's picture with his shoe! So just shut up, not everything can be perfect and you can't always do good. Atleast not for the common wealth of iraq and the world. You can certainly do good for the WTO and for the republicans in the next election.

/end sarcasm

Tikamember
106 posts

Posted:
All this money that went to the Iraq war and today I read this story in USAToday.
"U.S.: 'High probability' al-Qaeda will use weapons of mass destruction"
https://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2003-06-09-us-terrorism_x.htm

""The al-Qaeda network will remain for the foreseeable future the most immediate and serious terrorism threat facing the United States," the report said. "al-Qaeda will continue to favor spectacular attacks but also may seek softer targets of opportunity, such as banks, shopping malls, supermarkets, and places of recreation and entertainment."

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
I think our so-called leaders have been using Weapons of Mass Deception ie. fraud in their attempt to gain short term political advantages at the expense of truth, justice and the environment. Certainly in Australia, our Ministers have caught lying to the public on a number of occasions. Now they are trying to stifle truth and cover their tracks by cutting funding to ABC TV (a tax funded independent Australian broadcaster).

What amazes me in this whole mess is the seeming naivety and gullibility of the public for accepting such a load of rubbish as portrayed by Bush et al in their axis of evil, US liberators crap. And it ain’t over yet, as invasion of North Korea is not out of the question. I'm optimistic, Pray for PEACE

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
I wouldn't worry that much about korea. I think they are holding a gun to their own head in an attempt to get international attention/aid.

If im wrong then be prepared for the worst war this side of vietnam.