Forums > Social Discussion > Ever get the feeling you've been cheated

Login/Join to Participate

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
This is truly disappointing.

Check it out ... I don't know what to say about this.

It may be easy to disregard this due to the name but check out what they are saying.

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
Oh and safer from terrorism,huh?

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Not terribly suprised by any of these articles. Unfortunately, history will be written, taught and supported by those who won, not by those who were right- so far Bush has won the battle, who wins the war remains to be seen.

Your life is ending one minute at a time...
So live it.

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
Quoted from the website:

quote:
Could it be the unelected and illegitimate election thief and his regime hold the American people in contempt, and believe that the people, whose loved ones would be ordered to their deaths, cannot be trusted to award the regime the power and support to which it is entitled? Just as they couldn't be trusted to have given the regime sufficient votes to which it was entitled?

This is where I decided the second website lost credibility. It is blatantly obvious that they're approaching the story from a very biased angle. "Media Whore" is not really journalism, nor should its information be considered absolute truth, so please look deeper into the rantings you find on the site before passing them along as factual.

Accusing the President of killing the "loved ones" of Americans (soldiers) as his way of throwing a temper tantrum to remind us he wears the daddy pants is absolutely insane.

Poiaholic I'm not sure if you think it's "easy to disregard" because of its name, or if it's easy to disregard because its content is as ludicrous as the name (in that they're applying it to a news site that claims to be informative). I hope the case is the latter.

The actual news report in the first link mentions several compelling factors though, I will definitely look deeper into this. Thanks for the post amigo!

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Dio:

Poiaholic I'm not sure if you think it's "easy to disregard" because of its name, or if it's easy to disregard because its content is as ludicrous as the name (in that they're applying it to a news site that claims to be informative). I hope the case is the latter.
It is most definitely the latter.

I pointed out how easy it is to disregard because it is a liberally biased site.However, I didn't say they were telling the absolute truth because they are not.In my opinion that sight is more like a counter action to conservatively biased media such as Hanitty and Colmes or Bill O'Reilly or Rush Limbaugh.

I posted it because of the message they are trying to convey.When this all started we were told that civilian and military casualties would be justified because Saddam had broken the rules of UN resolutions and he needed to be disarmed.

Now they are saying that this was about sending a message to terrorism.

To me it just sounds like another "I did not have sexual relations with" and then a couple weeks later "well define sexual relations".

I don't take everything they have to say to heart but a different point of view is a good thing.I don't take everything that Rush or O'Reilly have to say to heart either but I still listen to what they are trying to convey.

Much respect pautna

Tikamember
106 posts

Posted:
A strategy document entitled “Rebuilding America’s defenses: Strategies, Forces and Resources For A New Century,” written in September of 2000 for Donald Rumsfeld, Paul Wolfowitz (Rumsfeld’s Deputy), Jeb Bush, and Lewis Libby (Cheney’s Chief of Staff) by the Project for the New American Century (PNAC) provides a “blueprint for maintaining global US pre- eminence, precluding the rise of a great power rival, and shaping the international security order in line with American principles and interests.” This “grand strategy” must be advanced for “as far into the future as possible,” the report says. It also calls for the US to “fight and decisively win multiple, simultaneous major theatre wars” as a “core mission.” The plan shows Bush's cabinet intended to take military control of the Gulf region whether or not Saddam Hussein was in power: “The United States has for decades sought to play a more permanent role in Gulf regional security. While the unresolved conflict with Iraq provides the immediate justification, the need for a substantial American force presence in the Gulf transcends the issue of the regime of Saddam Hussein.
https://www.sundayherald.com/27735
https://www.newamericancentury.org/
I think that September 11 gave the adminstration the right circumstances to pursue Iraq.