hollymember
61 posts

Posted:
ok if anyone is or has been watching the news in the last hour, it is scenes like this that make me sure that this war was the morally right thing to do, even if america has other intentions, look at how happy the iraqis are. this is a good day.

Never doubt that a small group of crusties, activists, and politicos can change the world... in fact, it's the only thing that ever does ;-)

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
true, but at what cost...
and where are all these WMD's?

Your life is ending one minute at a time...
So live it.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
As glad as I am to see the jubilation in Iraq, I believe that the U.S. should have to answer for its failure to find the WMD's that were the justification for this invasion.

The U.S. owes a lot to the people of Iraq. I hope that the spending on the rebuilding will be as lavish as the spending on the invasion.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

AykutGOLD Member
9 posts

Posted:
Question:

Take any country that is not a complete democracy or completely happy, Iraq, US, Turkey, England, China, wherever. Get the country very very weak by sanctions and kill millions of it's people trying to turn them against their government. Do this 5 to 10 years. Go there with brutal force, completely destroy the already weakened government, invade it fast. Tell the people that you are against this guy that brought them all this misery. Wouldn't there be people pissing on Lincoln's statues in the US? Wouldn't some people of England raid and loot the Buckingham palace? Wouldn't there be some people anywhere in the world to join the massive brutal invasion force and celebrate their victory against other people of their country? Aren't there white and black in your country? Do all the people in your country love and support the existing regime and all it's symbols?

Can't you see that when these people are out on the streets celebrating together with the invasion forces there are others locked in their houses waiting in fear because the others are celebrating their defeat? No, you can't see that because the TV won't show it until they are killed 'by accident'.

It makes me so sick that this has been showing on TV all day and noone seems to remember that these same people were out on the same streets similarly celebrating the collapse of the twin towers on sept 11, just 2,5 years ago. And I tell you, it'll be the same people similarly celebrating when the newly created army of Bin Ladens will attack America and allies. And there'll be people watching in front of TV and laughing at ones destruction others celebration like you. It makes me so sick.

(o: May all beings be happy :o)

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Aykut:

It makes me so sick that this has been showing on TV all day and none seems to remember that these same people were out on the same streets similarly celebrating the collapse of the twin towers on sept 11, just 2.5 years ago. And I tell you, it'll be the same people similarly celebrating when the newly created army of Bin Ladens will attack America and allies. And there'll be people watching in front of TV and laughing at ones destruction others celebration like you. It makes me so sick.
This is a great point.

The true measure of this war's relevance isn't going to be determined in a few weeks but rather the months and possibly years ahead.That they haven't found any WMD's yet is disturbing but the fact that the Iraqi's will be free of Saddam is a good thing.

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Well don't worry as long as the US can keep UN inspectors out of Iraq, they'll find they're weapons of mass destruction somewhere.

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

Tikamember
106 posts

Posted:
Iraqis are starved, killed tortured, failed to be given basic medical needs for 12 years, and during the invasion lost family members, had their water supply bombed, no food or medical supply coming in, of course they are going to cheer when it comes to an end.
I also saw Shias stage anti-US protest during a 1 million strong pilgramage.
https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/2969345.stm
I am curious to see how the US plans to not only bring Iraq to normalcy but also bring democracy considering their track record for this is poor.