Tosh_Remple member Location: Preston Member Since: 8th Apr 2003 Total posts: 1
Posted:What we are being told by the press conflicts all the time with this war, Propaganda is what this war is about.This war could go on for ever, an arab leader said that the west is opening the gates of hell, meaning that once Iraq is 'solved' where next, there has been a build up of troops in Marocco and claims that the taliban have been hiding there, A few questions for you, Do you trust the United States? Do you trust Sadam? How far will this war on terrorism be taken? Who is telling the truth? Is this Georg Orwells 1984?
DaiTenshi member Location: Stillwater, OK Member Since: 27th Sep 2002 Total posts: 104
Posted:Don't get carried away.
Answers: More often than not. Not in the least. Probably not far enough for some and too far for others. Me. Hardly.
Carpal \'Tunnel Location: Brum / Dorset / Fairy Land Member Since: 12th Dec 2001 Total posts: 3638
Posted:I trust the US entirely. I trust the US to mess up in a big way and display the same short sightedness it has in the past.
I trust Saddam. I trust him to do everything a desperate man will do in a situation where he cannot come out on top.
It has already been taken too far. This is not a war on terrorism - when has Iraq been guilty of terrorism? Or rather - when has it been any more guilty than a multitude of other countries including the US?
Who is telling the truth? There is no truth.
1984? Not yet.
Geologists do it in the dirt................
DJ Dantana veteran Location: Stillwater, Ok. USA Member Since: 15th Aug 2001 Total posts: 1495
Posted:1. "The first missle that hit those civilians was deffinitly not ours." (truth) "The second one....well...we have no information on the econd one" lie
2. "the infidels are nowhere near bahgdad" lie "we are slautering them in the streets by the hundreds" lie
3. untill everybody is dead or the USA gives up and goes home.
Fact: we will never kill all of them, and even if we did there is a new generation being raised as we speak. Fact: as long as the propaganda machine still functions and there is hope for a dollar to be made for the rich, and as long as the american people belive we are "liberating the iraqis", the USA gov will still demand war. The only other option is hang our head in defeat and leave (just like vietnam, this is a war we cannot win) it will never end in a classic military victory. A military cannot fight and win against a bunch of militia men who are hiding among civilians and who are willing to die for their cause. (untill we develope a brain scanner that is)
4. It is not so much a matter of "who is telling the truth?" as it is "who is lieing the most" and "what do they have to gain?"
5. well, we ARE headed in that direction.
we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!
Aykut member Location: Istanbul, Turkey Member Since: 7th Mar 2003 Total posts: 9
Posted:Here are some answers from Istanbul, closer to the war:
- Do you trust the United States?
- Very funny to hear this so often these last days, as if a country is a person. I can love or hate US, fight or support it but to trust a country is one of the most absurd concepts. But if you mean "Do you trust what is being said by US politicians and US media?" I tell you this: Whenever I see f**n Bush or f**n Rmsfld or any other warmonger speaking I get struck to see how many lies one can pronounce in such a limited time and in front of such a big crowd. And it amazes me that they make the American people beleive them. So would I trust a nation that beleives such obvious lies by such obvious liars? Hell no!
- Do you trust Sadam?
- I don't even remember when was the last time I heard of something he actually said. He is not into making people beleive in things. The is just a regular f**d up dictator and has nothing to be trusted.
- How far will this war on terrorism be taken?
- I take your question as "how far will it go?" I think there is a chance that American people see that their government is supporting worldwide terrorism to create conflicts and go and liberate people of their green energy. I mean, my answer is it will end when US stops supporting worldwide terrorism, especially by Israel. When everybody mind their own thing it'll be over. And will that be long? I don't think I'll live to see it.
- Who is telling the truth?
- Some individuals you don't see on TV, hear on the radio or read on the newspapers. Some real people are telling the truth definitely, but if you are concerned with truth about something, be there.
- Is this Georg Orwells 1984?
- This big brother is not that big brother, brother. To me it feels more like Huxley's Brave New World; don't you sometimes feel that we are all drugged to accept our positions?