Forums > Social Discussion > this is a good alternative news site

Login/Join to Participate

Robert W M Limmember
2 posts

Posted:
there is a good alternative news site some of you guys might be interested in...lots of stuff you won't find in the mainstream press
www.asia-stat.com

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I think this one is better.

Might be just me though.

Meh

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Good site. I think that combined with the mainstream news, using these as adjuncts is worthwhile for those interested in staying informed.

Interestingly, the top story on the BBC site is the fact that at least 14 Baghdad civilians are dead after a market was hit by coalition weapons, but the CNN site doesn't even mention this. BBC is now my preferred mainstream news site and I only use CNN to cover domestic news (for lack of a decent mainstream alternative).

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Now a cynical fraggle might say that's because Americans don't like admitting that they're wrong/make mistakes...

I've been using the MOD (Ministry of Defence) news site to find out what's going on in the Gulf.

Less rhetoric and jingoism - just cold facts. Much easier on my fraggle brain.

[ 27. March 2003, 14:19: Message edited by: C@ntus ]

Meh

Mr Peteymember
43 posts

Posted:
This site has some very interesting war coverage.
https://www.aeronautics.ru/index.htm

It's originally an aviation site but the war info is supposedly from the GRU (Russian intelligence agency). Now how much is Russian propoganda (but then what site is without bias?) I'm not sure, but it has been right on a number points (like the port holding out) several days before the truth was released to the wider western press. And in a situation like this it never hurts to have a real range of news sources.

It's just a shame that the english language version of Al-Jazaara is still down.

if only my magic peace and love wand wasn't borken then we wouldn't need any of these.