Page: ...
RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
Are you against the war in afghanistan, and against war in general?Well, I would like your help. please send an email to agressivepacifist@hotmail.com if you would like to contribute to an antiwar effort.thanks.------------------~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Being willing and hateing are two different things. I wish that there could be tones of speech on here but my blood lust comment was sarcastic. My life wasnt that hard but we shure as hell didnt have the money to put my sister and I through college. I chose my route and you chose yours. I also did better than you in highschool and did apply for many many scholerships and only got the one that the state gives every graduate so go figure that one.

And if you were refering that I had a drug problem well your quite mistaken, alchol yes drug I am very very anti drug. I do not recall bragging about any gpa so you just keep on keepin on.

Honestly I have never herd of the Americorps what is it?

Well just for your info Wren I did not get a kick out of and I do not pitty you. Do you want a fucking cookie or something?

Utilitydeamon, you are mistaken my friend, you see alot of innocent people get killed. Not all Muslims, Arabians whatever you wanna call them, hate us. Some do you are quite right by that, there is no such thing as all. I have yet to see a case in which all or 100% could be used in discribing specific traits in humans.

<--- Edited--->

I did some research on the Americorps it seems that they do give out money for college, weather or not the government gives them the money or not I do know. But here is your proof.

Money for college -- After you successfully complete a year of AmeriCorps service, you will be eligible for an education award of $4,725. (If you serve part-time, you'll be eligible for a portion of that amount).

Or how about a Living allowance...

Living allowance -- If you serve full-time, you'll receive a modest living allowance. You won't get rich from it, but other AmeriCorps members have found that it covers their basic expenses.

Hell sounds like a good deal to me here is some more info it has all the benifits of the military with out all the military training.

Help with student loans -- If you already have student loans, you can use your education award to help pay them off. And while you're an AmeriCorps member, you may be eligible for deferment and forbearance on your student loans. Your lender can tell you for sure. If you're eligible, AmeriCorps will pay for the interest that is accrued on student loans for members who complete their service.

You'll also receive health insurance, may qualify for child care assistance, and may get your relocation expenses covered (depending on your specific program).

In addition, you'll get a super career experience and job satisfaction. AmeriCorps members frequently talk about the difference the experience has made in their careers -- from technical job skills to experience as a manager, team member, coordinator, facilitator, and developer. AmeriCorps members get things done, and that kind of results-oriented experience pays off when you're finished with your service and considering your next steps, whether in education or employment.

So what exactly Wren are you complaining about? That is one heck of a deal, why dont you sign up with them if you havnt already. I honestly think that a corperation like Americorps is an outstanding thing.

[ 06 April 2002, 06:38: Message edited by: Raymund Phule ]

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Wrenmember
33 posts

Posted:
Damn, guess I should've looked up AmeriCorps again. Got me there Ray Last time I looked at it (2 years or so) I seem to recall the volunteers getting a yearly stipend of around $1.5k Either way, if all you're looking for is money for college, it's a lot better deal to go with the armed forces.

quote:
And if you were refering that I had a drug problem well your quite mistaken, alchol yes drug I am very very anti drug. I do not recall bragging about any gpa so you just keep on keepin on.

Honestly I have never herd of the Americorps what is it?

Well just for your info Wren I did not get a kick out of and I do not pitty you. Do you want a fucking cookie or something?
First of all, alcohol is a drug, and that was what I was referring to.

When I mentioned bragging about my gpa and making a comment that may elicit pity, I was mocking myself. (I was saying that you make comments about how your military experience makes you better and you also seem to make comments about how you've had a rough life.)

You've also commented about how you like it when people flame you. Therefore, I'd assume you would get a kick out of reading this post as well.

Yes, I would like a cookie. Perhaps one of the girl scout friendship cookies? They're delicious.

Also, if you were valedictorian (I'm assuming that's the award you were talking about) of your class and you didn't receive any scholarships, why did you say that (paraphrase) "there are thousands of scholarships for any joe with a C+ average" Please correct me if I left out a major part of that quote.

Interesting, a girl wearing an AmeriCorps shirt just came up to my window. We were talking and she said that the education award is nice (you get it based upon how many hours you work for them), but you only get paid minimum wage (at least for what she's doing), which is very difficult to live off of if you aren't getting any other help.

So, yeah, I guess my argument about the AmeriCorps is pretty much a non-issue now (even though you do get reimbursed better from the armed forces--or at least that's what the annoying brochures they send me say), and I'm glad you brought it to my attention (and yours). I probably will sign up for them when I'm 23 (end of health insurance) if King George II doesn't turn it into a domestic intelligence agency.

I still think my other points are valid, but its really useless to argue about them anyway, so I regret making the first post. Adios.

-WrenAnd that, my friends, is condensed evil.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Well, I really must congratulate you Wren on coming across as a completely obnoxious twat. Well done.

Meh

2,905 posts

Posted:
C@ntus, Wrens comments were kinda worented. I have stuck my foot in my mouth and maybe he was just tired of my crap. I cant blame him though I do not like what he said, I give him credit for having the balls to say what alot of people have only thought.

Itsgottabmember
244 posts

Posted:
Dom i just get sick of people trying to impose there style of disscussion on other people as kate was doing to poor little ray. it stripes the conversation down to the point where only some wise arse university student doing honnors can get a word in.

and like raving lunartic she had been building up steam for ages before she came out and said 'ray you piss me off' i have personally meet a few people like that and they just fuck me off. all self rightous and so open minded bla bla bla and they're really just hinding behind a degree or what ever it is they hold so dear, example saving the enviroment or what cause they choose to go in for. its there whole life and consqently they're the most narrow minded fuckers about.

kate sorry if i have misrepresented your case.

[ 06 April 2002, 16:54: Message edited by: itsgottab ]

2,905 posts

Posted:
Itsgottab, man I dont understand you. One day you blast me the next defend me! I apriciate it but let the people post what they want and how they want. They have every right to say what they want. People get tired of my crap just as I get tired of theirs, just because I am only a high school edgumacated man doesnt mean that I cant share my opinion and it doesnt mean that because they have more schooling than I that they can dictate how my arguments are formed.

I do apreciate you sticking up for me man. Thx

Itsgottabmember
244 posts

Posted:
ray i'm not sticking up for you. i'm just saying that some people only want to talk under certain rules and they're there to help them. its like if your playing basket ball and your 10 feet tall, it would be to your advantage if the ring was 15 feet high. the same thing applys with certain people. they're judgemental as fuck, and it fucks me off.

2,905 posts

Posted:
Aight man, cool whatever. No judgement.

Naw any how, Raymund Phule is back on the market ladies!!! So if any of you ladies out there are interested in a selfendulgent, loudmouth, ill tempered, egotistical prick... call Dom
But if you live in So Cal and really have no standerds gimme a call!!

Sorry Dom couldnt resist

[ 09 April 2002, 03:07: Message edited by: Raymund Phule ]

2,905 posts

Posted:
BUMP

Damn you people the role call is catching up!!!

Bitch moan do something!!! Complain about why one sock always wheres out instead of both!!

Itsgottabmember
244 posts

Posted:
ray would you ever consider being a suicide bomber? some think its a little crazy to fight like that. but it seems pretty honest to me. and your a pretty honest sort of a guy. so whats the chances.

2,905 posts

Posted:
Wow, I rarely find anybody as blunt as myself. I am shocked but none the less. Hell no I wouldnt. It is one thing to charge a hill where the odds are against you surviving, atleast in that situation you can beat the odds, but a suicide bomber you have 0 chance of surviving so no. Plus where is the honor in dieing like that. I find suicide a cowerds death. I don't care what the situation is. It is one thing to thow yourself on a grande to protect your men but it is a completly different thing to strap some explosives to your chest and use yourself as a bomb just to kill a few people.

2,905 posts

Posted:
Lets Hope this BUMPS to page 12!!

<--Edit-->

Sweet I cheeted my way to page 12!!

[ 12 April 2002, 02:26: Message edited by: Raymund Phule ]

2,905 posts

Posted:
Wow PHL9te you are pissed off!! War is a power struggle life isnt. Thats my opinion, you dont have to agree with it you just have to accept that its mine and I will keep it untill I change my mind! You said it
quote:
They MAKE it about power, because that's what they think is important

I don't see life that way and I never will. Life is an internal struggle. You cant go on in life letting everyone push you around but you dont have to fight em. There are other ways in life and it is up to you to find yours.

Alot of people blow what Bush says way out of preportion... ohh the axis of evil. Its a friggin catch phrase made for the media, if thats all you have to dwell on then you deserve to duped by the lepricauns and Ompa Loompas!!

Ohh and you dont have to go around Copywriting everything, if something is posted on the intenet, it is automatically copywrited.

2,905 posts

Posted:
BUMP

Remember this post?? Wow what a topic this was hehe

A big headache to us all and I must say rather embarising now that I look back on it. Did I start off on this forum on the wrong foot or what? Once again I apologyse for any past misconceptions I have had with anyone.

Dom I still love to argue with you and would love to debate life and its querks in person some day.

You know I kinda miss the old debates and shouting matches, hehe

JohnSmithmember
28 posts

Posted:
Yeah, i remember it.

and i still think it is time to get the fuck out of afghanistan. it's been more than 10 months now, thousands of people have died.

osama and his right hand have still not been found.

when will enough be enough?

2,905 posts

Posted:
*shrugs*

I aint got the answers for you, but I do know that Iraq is next. Call that inside info, hehe (not that its all that inside)

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Hey, perfect timing, arriving back for this one!!!

Thanks for bumping with exquisite timing, raymondo-sweety!!!

Well, back to the fray. The Iraq question raises what we were talking about earlier on this thread in terms of the effectiveness of the economic sanctions against Iraq. Will military action be effective? And what will be its effect?

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

2,905 posts

Posted:
Rozi, welcome back, now lets keep it a clean fight no hitting below the belt. Now shake hands and lets go back to our corners.

I know you will all hate me for this but I see Saddam as a dangerus threat not only to the world but to his own people. He has in the past tested chemical weapons on his own people!! Man nobody deserves that. He needs to be stopped before he does something drastic.

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Promise to play nice - ish...

Please excuse me because my thoughts are not totally collected tonight. However I was just wondering about how we discuss making war upon Saddam, and even upon Osama, using the single person as a representative of the whole race. And yet, these actions will most likely affect the wider community more than it will these individuals. no matter what their guilt or innocence.

Is it simply because it is easier for us to think in terms of one definite villain, rather than an entire race of people?

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Interestingly one of the most probable outcomes of over throwing Saddam is that an undemocratic, Islamic based government will replace him. This will give more power to the Islamic fanatics, help establish a unified Islamic middle east and reduce the US' power in the region. And increased risk of oil crisis.

2,905 posts

Posted:
You know Dom, I see what you mean, but I think an oil crisis will do the world good. It would force us to apply all that alternitive energy ideas that we have. The cars that get hundreds of miles to the gallon vice 20 or 30. Maybe if it happens the way you think it will, it might actually turn out for the good of man.

Rozi I can understand what you mean, I dont think that Iraq is a fault though it is the leadership that has ruined that country and others. I am sure 100% positive that there are some damn fine people in Iraq. It is sad that they have to live like they do.

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
Wow, biggy.
450+ posts so I've got nothin "new" to add....
Um, war sux.....lots.
Unfortunately, none of the political leaders will come round my house and discuss their shit over a few smokes. They feel the need to drag their whole countries, kill thousands of people and cause a whole heap of mess. However, how else you gonna use up all your dating bombs or justify paying ya soldiers????
The world either needs wars every-so-often or world peace. Since no-one wants to appear big girly and stuff, tension ridden countries aint gonna offer the "olive branch" first and so peeps are gonna still get killed.

Sad really...........

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

Salingermember
382 posts

Posted:
One thing I must mention to you Ray is that your attitude has become more cultured and is wiser than when you arrived here, or it shows more now if it was always there before.

One thing that amuses me though is that you have posted nearly 800 replies since you joined here at Christmas, and that is essentially what the American's are paying their taxes for, you posting on the HOP! And at the same time you have aggresively argued over the expenditure and budget of the US Military!

I don't want to kick up an argument or anything, but there is irony in that with every post you argued strongly one way endorsed the argument the other way!

A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words...

2,905 posts

Posted:
Hey hey no attacks on me!! While you are nice and cozy in your bed at 3 am I am at work, and frankly there aint much going on that early so I come here. I also have the net in my room so I am on all the time there too. Frankly if we dont have weapons to fix and dont have to issue weapons, there really isnt much for us to do!! It can be boring job at times,

I SIT IN A HOLE IN THE WALL FOR PETES SAKES WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO!!!

Like others have elequently put it, the chances of me seeing combat is slim... you dont want the guy who makes it so you can fight getting killed how would ya?? hehe

When I started way back when I was actually in Thailand (or maybe it was still Guam) and frankly there was nothing to do in either place so the net was always my friend.

Wouldnt you want a job that you get paid to surf the web?? Ohh and I get paid to sleep, eat, poop, go out and get drunk!! I am paid 24-7 no matter what I am doing so why should playing on the net be any different??

Salingermember
382 posts

Posted:
Fair enough Ray!

A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words...

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
you know, anyone who isn't sick of debate research yet (i've done too much over teh past few months for another board) want to look up what the deal is with agent orange and some of the otehr stuff soldiers from america got exposed to... just a thought... depending on hwo well i remeber my info i ahev a point to make later...

i'll do this eventually if no one else does, i'm just being lazy right now...

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

2,905 posts

Posted:
Yep this job has its perks but then again it has its pits too!!

2,905 posts

Posted:
Agent Orange from what I understand was more of accidental exposure than use. I wouldnt be supprised if they tested it on humans the stuff was supposed to make only humans sick and save the rest of the animal and other wild life. I really dont know too much about the Agent Orange thing so basically this is all speculation.

I can kinda see where your going with this but unlike Sadam and his chemical weapons, America didnt use Agent Orange on their soldiers out of spite or as a form of punishment.

tennisBRONZE Member
confused and abused
363 posts

Posted:
I do not have any 'deep' thoughts on war i just don't like it and i think that it's crap and is usually started by people not respecting other peoples existance. Fuck it all. as for a solution i really cannot think of on to any of the major fueds and wars going on at the mo' but to nbe honest i think most wars can't remember what they're fighting about anyway.

My cat's breath smells like catfood

2,905 posts

Posted:
You cant get rid of war I am sorry to say that. I have great job security, man will always be greedy and always want what someone else has either physical stuff or the emotional. Because of that we will always have war.

Page: ...

HOP Newsletter