• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 200.00 credit to your HoP account.

Page: 1...141516
RavingLunatic

Total posts: 286
Posted:Are you against the war in afghanistan, and against war in general?Well, I would like your help. please send an email to agressivepacifist@hotmail.com if you would like to contribute to an antiwar effort.thanks.------------------~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

Delete Topic

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)

Enter a "Title" here:
Total posts: 2905
Posted:You know Dom, I see what you mean, but I think an oil crisis will do the world good. It would force us to apply all that alternitive energy ideas that we have. The cars that get hundreds of miles to the gallon vice 20 or 30. Maybe if it happens the way you think it will, it might actually turn out for the good of man.

Rozi I can understand what you mean, I dont think that Iraq is a fault though it is the leadership that has ruined that country and others. I am sure 100% positive that there are some damn fine people in Iraq. It is sad that they have to live like they do.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Delete

SmallBoy - x
SmallBoy - x

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 2737
Posted:Wow, biggy.
450+ posts so I've got nothin "new" to add....
Um, war sux.....lots.
Unfortunately, none of the political leaders will come round my house and discuss their shit over a few smokes. They feel the need to drag their whole countries, kill thousands of people and cause a whole heap of mess. However, how else you gonna use up all your dating bombs or justify paying ya soldiers????
The world either needs wars every-so-often or world peace. Since no-one wants to appear big girly and stuff, tension ridden countries aint gonna offer the "olive branch" first and so peeps are gonna still get killed.

Sad really...........

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

Delete

Salinger
Total posts: 382
Posted:One thing I must mention to you Ray is that your attitude has become more cultured and is wiser than when you arrived here, or it shows more now if it was always there before.

One thing that amuses me though is that you have posted nearly 800 replies since you joined here at Christmas, and that is essentially what the American's are paying their taxes for, you posting on the HOP! And at the same time you have aggresively argued over the expenditure and budget of the US Military!

I don't want to kick up an argument or anything, but there is irony in that with every post you argued strongly one way endorsed the argument the other way!

A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words...

Delete

Enter a "Title" here:
Posted:Hey hey no attacks on me!! While you are nice and cozy in your bed at 3 am I am at work, and frankly there aint much going on that early so I come here. I also have the net in my room so I am on all the time there too. Frankly if we dont have weapons to fix and dont have to issue weapons, there really isnt much for us to do!! It can be boring job at times,

I SIT IN A HOLE IN THE WALL FOR PETES SAKES WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO!!!

Like others have elequently put it, the chances of me seeing combat is slim... you dont want the guy who makes it so you can fight getting killed how would ya?? hehe

When I started way back when I was actually in Thailand (or maybe it was still Guam) and frankly there was nothing to do in either place so the net was always my friend.

Wouldnt you want a job that you get paid to surf the web?? Ohh and I get paid to sleep, eat, poop, go out and get drunk!! I am paid 24-7 no matter what I am doing so why should playing on the net be any different??

Delete

Salinger
Total posts: 382
Posted:Fair enough Ray!

A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words...

Delete

Kyrian
Dreamer
Total posts: 4308
Posted:you know, anyone who isn't sick of debate research yet (i've done too much over teh past few months for another board) want to look up what the deal is with agent orange and some of the otehr stuff soldiers from america got exposed to... just a thought... depending on hwo well i remeber my info i ahev a point to make later...

i'll do this eventually if no one else does, i'm just being lazy right now...

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

Delete

Enter a "Title" here:
Posted:Yep this job has its perks but then again it has its pits too!!

Delete

Enter a "Title" here:
Posted:Agent Orange from what I understand was more of accidental exposure than use. I wouldnt be supprised if they tested it on humans the stuff was supposed to make only humans sick and save the rest of the animal and other wild life. I really dont know too much about the Agent Orange thing so basically this is all speculation.

I can kinda see where your going with this but unlike Sadam and his chemical weapons, America didnt use Agent Orange on their soldiers out of spite or as a form of punishment.

Delete

tennis
confused and abused
Total posts: 363
Posted:I do not have any 'deep' thoughts on war i just don't like it and i think that it's crap and is usually started by people not respecting other peoples existance. Fuck it all. as for a solution i really cannot think of on to any of the major fueds and wars going on at the mo' but to nbe honest i think most wars can't remember what they're fighting about anyway.

My cat's breath smells like catfood

Delete

Enter a "Title" here:
Posted:You cant get rid of war I am sorry to say that. I have great job security, man will always be greedy and always want what someone else has either physical stuff or the emotional. Because of that we will always have war.

Delete

poiaholic22

Total posts: 531
Posted:* bump *

Delete

Cantus
Cantus

Tantamount to fatuity
Total posts: 15965
Posted:There's an entire forum discussing the war. You should go and look for it if you want to discuss stuff of this nature I think.

"I'll carry this....It's harder to spill a hat" - Chellybean
"...like a rabbit caught in a lighthouse?" - Chellybean

Delete

Rozi
100 characters max...
Total posts: 2996
Posted:very interesting one to revisit. (t'anks poiaholic) .

*remembers with nostalgia the overwhelming desire to beat a certain marine's head against a brick wall during endless discussions about global conflict*

Adding another line on here. War has happened, what comes next? It is painfully obvious that the decision has been made to remove the current Iraqi regime entirely. What do people believe will replace it?

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

Delete

JohnsonJohny

Total posts: 2
Posted:The war is always a war, and it must be stopped either at any corner of the world and war is not a good thing and it harms many lives and also cause damage to society.

Delete

Page: 1...141516