Page:
SpArKiE*shiny shiny*
218 posts

Posted:
heres a petition thats being signed by 28338 ppl (at this present moment) from around the world.

its a petition for Bush to say no to the war.

if you are behind the no war way of life- go to this site and sign ya name!

make that number of signatures bigger!!

and hopefully Bush will stop and think about makin world peace

(yes i know its hard to make peace with ppl who have nukes... but... i dunno... im only 17- i dont have the answers. if i did- i'd be president. hehe)

[ 09. January 2003, 21:33: Message edited by: SpArKiE ]

And wherever you've gone and wherever we might go. It don't seem fair. Today just disappeared.

Itsgottabmember
244 posts

Posted:
No

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I just hope we're not too late

Non-Https Image Link

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

flowingchaliceBRONZE Member
180 posts

Posted:
@ deepsoulsheep, spot on!

Who looks outside dreams; who looks inside wakes C G Jung

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
While the pic is very funny, I must point out that the writing is not glowing red so I am not too worried.

On a second note, I would sign a petition like that for a million dollars or any amount of money like that.

I would be willing to bet that 80% of those Americans who did sign, didn't vote. Now, why if they didnt vote, do they have the right to sign a petition like that? They had no desire to try to shape their country and now they are complaining about how it is being run?!? Thats pretty pathetic. It takes a few minutes to vote, I would be you spend longer ordering your food at McDonalds than it takes for you to vote.

There has been no war yet, I think a stop the war campainge is a bit premature.

What if I could get 250,000 signatures saying that we should go to war? What would that do to your petition?

By the way, I have 250,000 signatures saying that we should go to war, and then some. Approxamatly, there are 250,000 Marines stationed around the world, their signature is on their contract, saying lets go to war. It is time to do our job, and make it so that people can wine, bitch, moan and complain from the safty of their own home for a little bit longer.

Lets go to work!

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

jim bombadilmember
142 posts

Posted:
concerning your worry about non voters Ray
heres an article from
https://www.thetip.org/art_85_icle.html

George Bush Never Elected

He was appointed by a Supreme Court action denying the People of Florida the right to have their votes counted fairly. With the failure to count votes from faulty election equipment, to illegally blocking black voters from the polls, to double-counting military votes entered after election day, the Florida Ballot was rigged, but the US Supreme Court Heard the Wrong Case.

Source: TheTip, 2000-12-09 00:00:00.000

Candidate: President George Bush

December 12, 2000

US SUPREME COURT LOWERS SELF TO POLITICAL BIAS

This evening the highest court in the U.S. finished the long contested election between Al Gore and George W. Bush. On November 7, 2000, the state of Florida split 50-50 on who it wanted as president. Through court proceedings eventually leading to the US Supreme Court, tens of thousands of Floridians will not have there voice heard. Bush was been insistent that he does not want all Americans to have their vote counted. His actions show he wants only the votes that were cast for him to be counted.

Unfortunately, the US Supreme court [the court] agreed with a 5-4 split down party lines. The court is supposed to rule under the impression that everyone is equal under the law. However, on this day the court ruled that its political bias and favored status to one candidate overrules equality. Some people say the court ruled 7-2 in favor of equality. Those individuals fail to realize the court ruled 7-2 in favor of statewide recounts that are consistent. The court ruled 5-4 down party lines in favor of allowing recounts but telling Florida, “You don’t have enough time to do them. Ha! These same justices are the ones who ordered Florida to stop the recounts on the Saturday before their ruling. If they had not stopped the recounts that Saturday, there would have been enough time to recount the votes and let me people of Florida speak! Again, Bush had his buddies on the court rule in his favor. The son of Justice Scalia was working on Bush’s team of lawyers, and the wife of Justice Thomas is working for Bush on his transition team.

Some relevant people who agree:

https://www.detnews.com/2000/politics/0011/30/a05-155456.htm

https://www.c-span.org/campaign2000/Florida/ussupcourt.asp

https://supct.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/00-949.ZPC.html

Kevmember
83 posts

Posted:
Saying that an anti-war petition is premature because there is no war yet is a little naive. It should be obvious by now that there will be a war because Bush wants one. UN weapons inspection is a farce, if they do not turn up an excuse to go to war Bush will just find another, no matter how lame. You really think he would spend millions of dollars moving troops and supplies halfway around the world, and then just bring them back again? America will start a war with Iraq within a couple of months or I am a goat named Bessy.

If I could wish one person dead right now, in the whole world, it would be George W. Bush. He is a dangerously stupid man, leading a dangerously stupid and self-centred government. All americans who didn't vote, or voted for Bush *shudder* should be ashamed that they have allowed their country to be run by such a fool.

Regarding the farcical "War on Terror": if anyone is looking for a group or person to focus their anger or hatred against for such attacks as September 11th, you could no better than the U.S. government. They brought it on their citizens in the first place.

'Terrorism' is Newspeak, and it means anything or anyone the U.S. government doesn't like...

Welcome to 1984.

- Honk if you love peace and quiet!

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
Personally I thought Gore was a tool and Bush was (and still is for that matter)a complete idiot.Oh and what a coincidence that the deciding state happens to be the one that Bush's brother is the governor of?So what was I supposed to do?Compromise my feelings and vote for someone I didn't want?Or waste my vote on someone who doesn't have an ice cube's chance in hell of winning?Might as well not even vote in that case.As Jim has also already pointed out it wouldn't have mattered anyway.By the way,who really thinks we actually elect the president?

I can't help but want to ask Ray if you ever think you are wrong about war being the only answer?I will admit that sometimes I feel that a war may change things for the better.However,that doesn't explain why terrorism still exists.Also as badly as I don't want war to happen I'm not going to vote in opposition of it either because much like my presidential vote it won't make a difference anyway.Maybe if it's someone you care about in the next terrorist attack you may start to see things differently.

By the way why don't we talk about the U.S. economy or the environment or education or all the other areas this idiot is failing us in?War is the only way for Bush to remain in favor so is it any wonder that he is pushing so hard for it?

Props to all who want nothing more than PEACE.

*wonders why even bothers to debate with Ray.Too programmed and won't attempt to see through other people's eyes*

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
Thinking of it and living in it and within it only procreates it idea and implants it in our mids eye. Think not of what you despise, disrispect or (even) fear. This leads to further agravation of the idea.

Must we try to discuss the world? Would it not be a healthier environment if live through it and find our light within? This will allow us not to be in war with ourselves. I only recomend this from personal experience as of late it has served me well thus far.

Educate! Show, those who choose to see will be enlightened by the sharing of an idea a thought a concept or a feeling. You cannot change a group so large as that which is affected if you have not changed yourself. Evergrowing, learning, smiling, expansion of ones eye...

Be kind to yourself and be kind to others. Think small. I have often found that the most significant changes the world has undergone have been within my own mind. Turn the picture around and look at it from one angle then go find all the angles you havent seen or thought of and explore them. It makes for many an interesting thought.

War is not something you (all reading) as an individual can avoid. Chaos is not something that can be controlled. Our world by nature is chaotic and human nature has tried to control this world to our requirements. Many an individual from HOP have and continue to show me that there is an amazing calm after the storm and the situation is only as bad as you view it.

Change the colour, shape, or form of the looking glass.

Stand back and you can see that all is happening for a reason and your biggest job is finding your place in this huge unfolding story. Once that place is found be it physical, mental, spiritual or all of the above you can be assured that no matter what happens all is right in the world and all that seems bad might be leading to good in some form or another. Float through the ups and downs not only of yourself but of the world and you can find inmense happiness seeing all that you would like to see.

love and hugs and wishes of internal peace to all
drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

Cagemember
174 posts

Posted:
Dromepixie, well said. I have to agree with your beautiful thoughts. As for blaming Bush for everything, I think that is a cop-out. I do accept the fact that favors do exist but this is still a democracy. Blame him all you want but he is not the supreme dictator and does not control the tides of change and chance. I am not necessarily a Bush supporter nor am I well educated in politics but I do think it a silly thing to hold one man responsible for all of the negative things affecting our country and others around the globe. He is a well educated man and has much to consider when deciding to send our troops to war - I am sure he is not concentrating on the price-per-barrel for his buddies in Texas. Maybe he's not the Prince Charming we look for in a president but I'd like to see where the world would be if democracy did not exist. And as for 9-11, thanking the US government seems a bit harsh, don't you think? I believe in our government. The leaders in DC do a damn fine job for this country, and no - the world is not perfect so some things won't happen to everyone's liking. And as for Ray being "too programmed", I suspect that he is merely expressing a strong opinion, much like the rest of us here. If he were "programmed" and didn't want to look at things through other people's eyes, then why would he be here? For that matter, why would anyone be discussing controversial matters on this forum?

I apologize if I sound bitchy but I rarely express my views here and I thought it apropo today due to the mood my boss has put me in. I thank you for your thought provoking discussion and wish all peace this evening.

*sigh*

~cage

Without further guilding the lily and with no more ado, I bid you farewell and sweet dreams...

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

2,905 posts

Posted:
In the paraphrased words of Master Yoda, Do or do not, there is no try.

War is not the only answer, but in this case it is looking like the best. For one thing you have a tyrant in controle of Iraq, who will not step down peacfully and whos people are too weak and scared to overthrow him. Come on 99.6% landslide victory in the poles in the last Iraqi election and yall think Florida is bad?? My word.

Only a moron thinks that their vote doesnt matter, that is like saying that it wouldnt matter if you were dead or alive!!

I am going to try to remain civil... Everyone who died in that terrorist attack that happend on September 11 2001 I cared about, why else would I be willing to die? I am not psychotic I dont have a death wish but believe you me every person who dies because of some other idiot I care about.

If I were to go to the Gulf and kill somebody, I would care about that person and their family. It is a terrible business that I am in but it keep you happy.

Poiaholic22, I take you last comment as a strait up personal attack. Do you wish to apologyse or should I start defending myself? Its up to you, but if you keep pissing me off with comments like that, it will get ugly real fast and you will be left looking like a complete fool.

Cage, you have said things quite well, this is a democracy, instead of starting a petition to stop a war, why dont you try to start one to remove Bush from office. It can be done, after all it is what the people want.

Like I have said before, it is evident that Bush wanted to go after Saddam from the get go but I also dont think that there is another way to get Saddam out of office.

Itsgottabmember
244 posts

Posted:
its two countries not two men

jim bombadilmember
142 posts

Posted:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Raymund:
[QB]War is not the only answer, but in this case it is looking like the best. For one thing you have a tyrant in controle of Iraq, who will not step down peacfully and whos people are too weak and scared to overthrow him.

Fair post in spirit Ray but I'd like to raise a point. I would be niave to think that Saddam was sweetness and light but there is the issue that much of the information we recieve is coming from a very biased source (i.e. a government who are considering war against him). I was recently working in a factory with a trio of Iraqis who, although expressing a dislike of their country's government, did not paint a picture to me of a downtrodden or terrorized populous. The other issue I would like to mention is that there are a huge number of organisations and goverments operating in the world today with highly questionable human rights records, many on which are supported or even put in power by our governments, I think it is highly dubious to site a humanitarian imputas for removing him from power, moreover I sugest it is based on the need to secure more oil fields for the west. (Exxon Mobile (Esso) were v. signifacant funders of the Bush election campaign)

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by poiaholic22:
Or waste my vote on someone who doesn't have an ice cube's chance in hell of winning? Might as well not even vote in that case.
I wonder how many people across the entire US didn't vote because they felt the same?
I'm willing to bet that if all of them decided that their vote might make a difference, and that every little helps, we'd be in a very different situation right now.

If you don't vote, no-one can hear what you're saying, even if all you want to say is that you don't trust any of the candidates and spoil your voting slip - if enough people do that rather than refuse to vote, I'm sure someone will start to take notice.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

JeStErSILVER Member
enthusiast
214 posts

Posted:
Ok settle petal's, everyones entitled to their own opinion, although it's good to remain open minded and look at things from other perspectives.

Love the picture, (does he really own one of those rings or is it just trick photography)?

I personnally agree with Kev and think that bush will try to start a war whether the UN inspectors turn up anything or not. He'll do this under the pretense of a war on terrorism regarding Sep 11th etc).
But in my mind the real reasons are that the Iraqi's have huge oil stores and can afford to sell it quite cheaply which could quite easily undermine and destabilize the US economy.

Second did you know that it's a change in US foreign policy that has declared Saddam as a threat (I'm not doubting that he is one) but way back when it was america who helped him develop some of his weapons and aided him with scientists etc when they thought he may be an allie against the soviets as they pushed into Afghanistan.

My 2 cents

Trying to play the Akashic records,
but my turntables not compatible.

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
No it's his ring really!!
I think that in all the threads there's been on this issue (that I can remember) Cage is the first one to point out that blaming bush is a cop out.

This is so true, although I'm sure he has strong opinions and stuff, he is acting on behalf of other people.

I don't know, does the American government represent the will of the American people at the moment??

If so are they not ashamed of their stance on global warming for example and how half of europe is being washed away by flooding.

I don't mean to offend anyone I just have no idea what American's make of all this...

jim bombadilmember
142 posts

Posted:
on the subject of T.W.A.T / Lord of the rings comparisons heres a link a link
https://sf.indymedia.org/news/2002/12/1553281.php

[ 11. January 2003, 00:52: Message edited by: jim bombadil ]

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Jim B, I am left in no doubt that you telling the truth when you said your job lets you surf the web all day.

2,905 posts

Posted:
I love that pic, and no joke thats why I changed my sig hehe. So I am not as brainwashed as some would think.

I do not always agree with Bush, in fact I didnt vote for him, but I think he is right about Saddam.

I doubt that you or anyone on this board has physical proof that the US gave Iraq any type of weapon of massdestruction. Is it that far out in left field that it would never happen, I have no idea but I would bet my next years pay that nobody here is in possesion of actual physical proof and I am sorry but just cause you can find it on the web dont mean jack.

So perhaps we shouldnt assume that the US gave anyone anything, though we did help Iraq when Iran tried to invade.

The best thing to do is not to assume and jump to conclusions. This is a time for a clear mind and smart thinking.

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Ray is right. A petition will not work. Did the petition asking the US Gov. to help the people of Afghanistan who they left in the power or the Taliban work? Well, obviously not! However I vehemently disagree that war is an answer never mind the best answer.

I view the US as the most dangerous country - terrorizing the World to join them or become their foe??? What will they do when their position as 'world superpower' comes under threat - bomb the rest of us?

Please refer to the following reports
Iraq

More about Iraq

Ray - I know US Senate is always coming out with a load of shit so maybe their 1992 report "US Chemical and Biological Warfare-Related Dual-Use Exports" is a load of fairytales too. With regards to your call for physical proof - what a good idea. Until the US & British govts have physical proof that Iraq intend to attack the rest of the world they should F off and mind their own business (FYI - not angry at you, just this bloody situation. The inevitability of this proposed war makes me horribly angry. You may be happy to fight for your country, but I am angry that your life and those of so many innocent others is nothing more than politics)

Extract from https://www.bigmagic.com/pages/blackj/column78f.html
Reports by the US Senate's committee on banking, housing and urban affairs---which oversees American exports policy---reveal that the US, under the successive administrations of Ronald Reagan and papa George Bush, sold materials including anthrax, VX nerve gas, West Nile fever germs and botulism to Iraq right up until March 1992, as well as germs similar to tuberculosis and pneumonia. Other bacteria sold included brucella melitensis, which damages major organs, and clostridium perfringens, which causes gas gangrene.

Classified US Defence Department documents also seen by the Sunday Herald show that Britain sold Iraq the drug pralidoxine, an antidote to nerve gas, in March 1992, after the end of the Gulf war. Pralidoxine can be reverse engineered to create nerve gas.

The Senate committee's reports on US Chemical and Biological Warfare-Related Dual-Use Exports to Iraq, undertaken in 1992 in the wake of the Gulf war, give the date and destination of all US exports. The reports show, for example, that on May 2, 1986, two batches of bacillus anthracis---the micro-organism that causes anthrax---were shipped to the Iraqi Ministry of Higher Education, along with two batches of the bacterium clostridium botulinum, the agent that causes deadly botulism poisoning.

The shipments to Iraq went on even after Saddam Hussein ordered the gassing of the Kurdish town of Halabja, in which at least 5000 men, women and children died. The atrocity, which shocked the world, took place in March 1988, but a month later the components and materials of weapons of mass destruction were continuing to arrive in Baghdad. . .

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

2,905 posts

Posted:
The reason I said physical proof, is that any arse with a decent brin can make a web page and throw some official looking stuff on there. I am not saying your sources are wrong, nor am I saying that they are right, but no web page will be proof enough for me. Sorry

[ 11. January 2003, 03:36: Message edited by: Raymund ]

Kevmember
83 posts

Posted:
quote:
I don't know, does the American government represent the will of the American people at the moment??
Does it ever?

It represents the will of the powerful minority. Using the word 'democracy' in connection with a government such as this is a joke. I agree with Ray, if you don't like it use your vote. Sadly, the rest of the world doesn't have that leisure, which I suppose leads to the most angered and frustrated people making their voice heard in other ways (9/11).

I agree that Bush is not solely responsible as he is strongly influenced by those who fund his team (the powerful minority, oil companies and such). BUT he is the person who holds that team together. He chose to be the voice. As such I think it is fair to blame him. Had he not brought it on himself I would pity him as many of America's current troubles were caused by past presidents long ago. But, at the end of the day, the final word IS his no matter what kind of pressure he is under from anyone else, so he must shoulder the lion's share of the blame for the actions which HE dictates shall happen.

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
It's funny how bush harps on and on about weapons of mass destruction and the UN turns up nothing and he has to find another excuse.

What is this nonsense about september 11th? There is absolotly no connection between iraq and september 11th. Nothing substantiated by ANY evidence anyways. It's pretty frightning how many people are willing to not only allow but support a war on a nation without ever seeing one shred of evidence. I think a lot of it is rooted in misunderstanding of the muslim faith and racism towards arabs. Fuck man Timothy Mcveigh bombed us, Why don't we go on a war path and destroy all white christian nations because Mcveigh was a white christian.

Doesn't it occur to you how easily it is to be manipulated if you are willing to accept everything the government feeds you on good faith? I am hardly a pacifist but I am no war monger.

The false pretense of removing dictators and helping people has been used to justify almost all imperialistic actions. The governments told their people they were helping the indians when they were commiting outright genocide agaisnt them. We were told vietnam was about protecting democracy when it was about dupont makeing money.

This bullshit imperialism has left most of the world in shambles and created sentiments which enabled things such as september 11th to happen.

As for the issue of voteing I will never vote for someone I do not want. This means even if the fucking Nazi part is in a close election with the communist party I am not going to pick which one is the smallest evil and vote for it trying to keep the other one out of office.

If I see no one running for office that I wish to support(I have yet to see a party which I wish to support) I will scribble on my ballot and spoil it. Spoiled ballots are recorded and analyzed by political scientists who consider them to pretty much be protest votes made by people who consider the current system of democracy to be failing.

I think there is a fundamental problem when someone is willing to support something they consider bad to defeat something they consider worse.

Kevmember
83 posts

Posted:
I agree with everything Astar said, except that I might vote for the lesser of two evils if I felt I really had to.

Also I feel the need to stand up for communism, which inevitably gets bashed a lot . In its purest, uncorrupt form, communism is an excellent form of government and probably would be the most successful. Sadly, we don't live in a pure, uncorrupt world and communism just doesn't work in these conditions.

(Don't mistake this for a failing of communism. The same is true for all forms of government currently practiced.)

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Maybe I'm spoilt here in Ireland where everything gets run by the people first and if it wasn't there be murder (not literally). Like we held up the Nice treaty on the rest of Europe because we were the only country asked whether we wanted to agree to it or not.(Kinda ironic that when eventually accpeted it we signed away our rights to europe, including our neutrality which we pride ourselves on)

Such things are written into our "constitution" and as a result such decisions represent the views of the majority of the population.

That's why I asked question as to whether the US governments policies are supported by the people because that's the situation I'm used to.

If in general the people don't agree then how come they don't start screaming about it or something. Is there demonstrations happening over there, I don't know to be honest.

If in general the people do agree then I think that it's an even sadder story because I hope they realise how much they're pissing the whole world off.

Kevmember
83 posts

Posted:
Spotted something else I meant to comment on before.

quote:
And as for 9-11, thanking the US government seems a bit harsh, don't you think?
Nope, sorry, I don't. The US government has exploited, manipulated and toyed with many countries and cultures for decades, so there should be no surprise that so much hatred is harboured against them by people all over the world. It is sheer arrogance that only a world superpower could display to assume that these actions would never come back to bite them in the ass.

I understand that the US media is incredibly selective in its coverage of world events and at all opportunities I implore the people of america to broaden their horizons, seek out impartial news coverage.. see the truth of how your government truly behaves in the world. I apologise if this sounds patronising to some of you, I know many people already seek out their own truths.. but a hell of a lot more do not.

2,905 posts

Posted:
Your absolutly right, the US needs to stop messing in other countries business. No more aid to Etheopia, let the brats starve, no more aid for earthquake victims in Italy, no more money to help rebuild the French railway.

Everytime the US helps someone, they piss someone else off, so lets just stick to our own and forget the rest of the world. Hell lets invite Saddam back into Kuwait and let the N. Koreans nuke whoever they want.

Sounds good to me.

That means I get to go home and see my family, my nephew that I have never seen, spread my dogs ashes. These are things I would like to do, but you know what? I cant because I am stuck out here keeping the you all safe so you can live your lives and bitch about GWB.

Damn talk about feeling very unappriciated.

The American people will always complain about the government but will never do a damn thing to change it. Why? Because they just want to bitch, change isnt what they are after, just a bitch session.

If you dont like the people running for offece, why the hell dont you run? If you think that they all suck, put your name on a ballet and as you walk out the booth tell everyone else to. Atleast you made your voice heard! Atleast you told America that you didnt like those people and thought you could do a better job.

But no, you just want to not do anything and then bitch about it later.

How pathetic and childish, your like kids who dont want to eat their veggies casue they dont like them and then you complain becuase your hungry.

[ 11. January 2003, 13:57: Message edited by: Raymund ]

Kevmember
83 posts

Posted:
Raymund, if you would rather be at home with your family, why did you join the military?

quote:
Everytime the US helps someone, they piss someone else off, so lets just stick to our own and forget the rest of the world.
Let's not kid ourselves. The US helps other countries for two reasons:

1) If it benefits them.

2) If they are duty-bound to as a member of the United Nations.

Other than that, they forgot the rest of the world a long time ago.

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
I didn't know about the whole "spoiling" of votes.Thank you Astar I'll remember that.

Sorry Ray the truth hurts.
As for making me look foolish .How are you gonna do that start calling me names and spread nasty rumors?If you want to talk about foolish then let's talk about online alter-egos.

I got a couple questions for all of you.

1.Who is more dangerous, Saddam Hussein or Osama Bin Laden?

2.If Saddam did step out of office peacefully would we still not go to war with IRAQ?

I think some of you might have missed the underlying meaning of why I don't vote and why I am neither pro or anti-war.IT'S BECAUSE I DON'T CARE.The powers that be want war.So whether it be Iraq,Iran,North Korea or Heaven(South Park fans only)one way or another we are going to war.Maybe it is for the better.

I think I have the answer for all our problems.It's a little something called EXTINCTION.When we're all dead all our problems will be fixed.In the meantime I'm just gonna spin my poi balls.

By the way Ray if you want to be insulting,if you're doing such a great job of protecting US ALL as you say so often then why isn't the World Trade Center still standing?How about those people in Tel Aviv who died in a suicide bombing a week or so ago?Or the people in Indonesia?

2,905 posts

Posted:
Hehe, I dont have to do anything to you Poiaholic22, just look at yourself. You are hell bent on arguing with me and it makes you look pretty dumb hehe. Man your what 13 years old? (no offence Kinuden)

Now, why did I join? Both my grand fathers served in WWII and Korea, my father and mother were both in the Air Force. I serve because, my family did something for me and I want to do something for them.

I want to be with my family, and that is no lie but I want my family to be safe and if the price of that safty is me not being with them, then I will pay it.

I love my country and the people in it. I also serve so that any future children that I have, will grow up in a better place than I did.

To say the US only does things becuase it might help them out down the road is quite pointless. All govenments do that, in fact you did that too. I bet you have taken a class that gave you some sort of knowlege so that you could better your chance of a better job.

The US has not forgotten the world exists. In the early part of December, the Marines here at Iwakuni, went and got some old bikes, fixed them up real nice and gave them to area kids. Yes doing that helped our image, this is true, but we also made some kids smile and that is the true reward.

For every action there is an equal or opposite reaction.

Not everything is done souly for our good, it is done for others as well.

Page: