Forums > Social Discussion > War and Peace,.....did Saddam get the memo?

Login/Join to Participate

LuNcHbOx...(Aka. Nathan)-un-singlemember
536 posts

Posted:
i saw a telecast last night on the news...
it was the president saying that he was rounding up the clock on those inspections...
What The Hell!!!!
I mean seriously....
i thought this would have been easier to handle...and why didn't we just kill Saddam
when we had the chance or do it right now?
I mean what is he doing!!!
You can't keep atomic weapons from america,...
or biological ones anyway...
it just erks me to no end...
and i'm 14....
i like war just about as well as the next guy..
not at all...
and when stuff like this comes up it is just pointless...Stop trying to resist america,...
or you will get dropped like a fly on the wall!!!

but that is all i have to say about this,...
i had to get that off my chest....
i would like to hear your comments...

-LuNcHbOx, Aka. Nathan...Give a man to fish, and that man knows where to come for more fish...Teach a man to fish and you have just destroyed your market base...

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
We (USA, UK, UN) do not have the right to remove saddam from power. Even though we were instumental in bringing him (his party) to power.

We don't have the right to assasinate anyone.
we cannot and should not "just kill him", its not that simple, the real world isn't like hollywood. You do that, and you will have another 100, 9/11's.
We (UK, USA, UN) are meant to behave like civilised democracies, not terrorist.

The biological/chemical weapons that the USA and UK are after, they know are their, because they GAVE them to saddam to use against the iranians in the iran/Iraq war (Iran was supported by USSR).

The way out of this situation is through diplomacy not guns.

[ 09. March 2003, 06:16: Message edited by: glass ]

BlackFireJackmember
167 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by LuNcHbOx:
Stop trying to resist america,...
or you will get dropped like a fly on the wall!!!

Ey! mate
....I do hope you are refering to Iraq and only Iraq when you say that.....
cause that's world-war three material if it's the common world view of the US goverment(elected and representing the people).....

Pride and loialty for your country is a good thing but when it becomes a idealism
then it can lead to trouble like a fire in a bookstore.....

I like Fire.. :)

BlackFireJackmember
167 posts

Posted:
try to imagine yourself as an citizen of iraq....
the us and uk say they will bomb your head of.....what do you do?
you say hell no!
let them come and I'll kick as much a** as I possibly can ...
We will never surrender.......
I will fight for my country, family, friends, and this land I love.....
Let them come.......

thats what you say....thats whats allways said in a war......no matter what side you're on.....

I like Fire.. :)

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
There is more to it than any of us are seeing. The President doesnt have to get on Public TV to send a message to Iraq, he just does that to show you what he is "doing".

Dont worry folks things will blow over soon enough.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

PrometheusDiamond In The Rough
459 posts

Posted:
What makes you so sure? I for one am not pleased at the thought of World War Three breaking out. I am a science geek, so I know exactly what kind of damage 'weapons of mass-destruction' can have on the human body. I won't get into graphic details, suffice to say they're all pretty nasty, and the lucky ones are usually the people who don't survive the attack.

Sure, Saddam has been carting out 'disabled' weapons on CNN all week. He's showing that he's trying to comply. Who's to say he's not mass-producing new ones? Call me a paranoid chicken, but I'd rather not just sit around and "hope it all blows over." Life, friends and family mean a little too much to me to let some stoopid political squabble end it all in grisly and painful ways.

See, I don't care if Bush & Saddam fight, let 'em fire pistols at 20 paces and settle it that way. Let them find a safe, isolated battlefield and they can have all the pointless skirmishes they want. Wars always have a way of producing civilian casualities. These are people who don't care about the country next door, their personal politics, their national sentiments or their religious doctrines. I'm sure 95% of Iraqis don't want to see a war either. I'd put money on it. Americans are quick to say "Let's go to war because they've never seen a real battlefield, or thought about their own neghborhood being war-torn.

Let Bush and Saddam and their armies go to some distant, uninhabited island and 'play with their toys in the sand' and leave the rest of us out of it.

Or does that make too much friggin' sense?

[ 10. March 2003, 09:50: Message edited by: Prometheus ]

Dance like it hurts; Love like you need money; Work like someone is watching.

Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you DO criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have their shoes.

chilipeppermember
85 posts

Posted:
That would be just too easy for them!

High Class Hippy #5'One day i WILL own a VW Campervan''i'll sell a liver, u can live with just one, cant u?'Jebus...Jebus

DaiTenshimember
104 posts

Posted:
I think I hurt myself laughing.

No one knows me like I do.

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Well, I do hope it blows over so that I can get back to a semi normal life. Maybe settle down with a certain wonderfull young Aussie and enjoy a nice life.

Just because I am not a science geek doesnt mean I dont know what I am facing.

I have no quams about dieing to defend my country or the people I love, but I dont want to die for a stupid reason.

I agree that Sadam needs to get the boot but I think the cost is going to be more than anyone wants to spend.

I totaly agree if Bush and Sadam want to fight, then they should do it.

quote:
Let Bush and Saddam and their armies go to some distant, uninhabited island and 'play with their toys in the sand' and leave the rest of us out of it.

Islands are not alwasy surrounded by water. I am not a toy... well not for Bush!

I am a person just like you with feelings just like you, it offends me that you would consider another human life, a "toy"!

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

PrometheusDiamond In The Rough
459 posts

Posted:
I didn't mean to imply that people are toys. That was kind of my point. Life is too valuable to throw it away in senseless conflict.

Actually, I support our troops that are being sent into harms' way. They're stepping up to do the unthinkable and putting their lives on the line. I myself would not want to be in their position. I don't do the whole killing thing.

What I don't agree with is our Presidents' ineffectual excuses for sending other people's children to die. Is Hussein a madman who must be stopped? Probably. Is a war going to accomplish this? Not likely. Especially if Bush Jr. has the same measure of resolve as his father.

(Out of curiosity, what island isn't surrounded by water? )

Dance like it hurts; Love like you need money; Work like someone is watching.

Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you DO criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have their shoes.