KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Well, the stupid american government has finally said lets ditch the UN and head off to war with everyone (except spain) against us....

time to see how many innocent people die...

hoping for the best for everyone, much love to all the world.

Peace & Love,
Kyri

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Atleast there will be some cool movies about this.

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
Yesh. I agree. Much love and hugs and positive vibes given out to the world.

48 hours for Sadam Hussein to leave.
48 hours for hell to break loose.
Oh joy

Love all of you.
Kinudin

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
The end result will be this:

The generation now being born in the Arab world will have a score to settle against the US.

This will cause more terrorist activity than it stops.

Its easy to see..

1) Dubya didn't realise that John Wayne movies were JUST movies.

2) Dubya was a courtesy "C" student at Yale when his father was running the CIA.

What a moron.

Raph

.Morph.SILVER Member
addict
669 posts

Posted:

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
In his address, President Bush specifically instructed the Iraqi people not to destroy their oil wells.

We have now seen his true color and it is BLACK. Crude black.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
A transcript of the speech is available on CNN.com, by the way. I suggest you read it if you didn't hear it.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
When I checked it out it said that the file wasn't found.

Mr.Coffeemember
56 posts

Posted:
dammit, what's up with the president, can't we get his mom to ground him or something? i'm sick of the fact that he's riding daddies idea to try and get him elected to a second term. i'm not worried about iraq honestly, it'll be like grenada or vietnam, or ohh, wait, that's riight.... IRAQ!

The war i'm really worried about is when he's still on a rush from the next 100 hour land war, and he turns his eye on North Korea, 'Cause that could be nasty, and if the satellites are correct then we'll be in another cold war or worse.

so, there are 48 hours in two days. well, there are 48 beers in two cases, so i'm riding the bomb down to armageddon on a bender! woo hoo! yeeeee haaaaaawww! (And i'm from tennessee, so i know how to do that ) either way im jealous of my friend that's in malta, she gets to spend the next couple of months in a country with 98% voter turn out and a good foriegn policy.

-Rhys

---------------------

--->Religion is the world's oldest method for turning opinion into fact. <---

[ 18. March 2003, 18:32: Message edited by: Mr.Coffee ]

--> I'm just a wave acting out in my own particular way <--

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
Just remember that the first Gulf war didn't get his father reelected, and George senior didn't piss off the entire world and most of the people in the states getting into that one.

No, winning a war won't get him reelected. Appealing to the conservative religious right will. Because even though only 20% of our country is like that, they all vote and so comprise about 50% of the voting public. So stacking the supreme court with neo-nazis cloaked in religion while making his political buddies a ton of money will.

If that bozo gets reelected, I'm going ex-patriot because I will be too disgusted to go back to the states. Anyone in New Zealand or Australia willing to help me find a job if I can't manage to make this one in South Africa permanent?

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
transcript of pile
"we are not dealing with peaceful men."

Oh, UK peeps. this saturday another march from embankment.
www.stopthewar.org.uk

not a happy little glass this morning.

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
A truly sad day

It's the end of the world as we know it and I don't feel fine, I feel like shit

When is something going to be done about the dictators we are living under???

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I don't know, perhaps if all of us who are sad and despondant were more pro-active. Maybe we should complain to more people and stuff because looking around me here in work most people don't seem to to understand most of the what and why that is going on in the world.

Just do your best I spose is all you can do.

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
It's started......

In related news, a french woman in texas had "scum, go back to france" painted on her garage door recently.

nice start eh?

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
I've just watched the 9pm and 10pm news... I think I need a hug

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

DecaturSILVER Member
6 posts

Posted:
I don't quite understand the position of the majority of posts here. I would encourage you guys to take a look at what I have to say.

Start with France: The French government is notorious for going where the money is. France has enormous amounts of money invested in Iraq. The telephone system in the country is french. Now in order to find a loophole, the stance is that they will send troops and money if, and only if, Iraqi troops use chemical or biological weapons in combat. In my opinion, the french know a whole lot more than they're letting on. I think they know Saddam will order the use of such weapons. Therefore, France can join the winning side once again and hopefully back in good favor with the US. But why would they want to be on our good side??? How much money in financial aide do we give the french government each year??? I'm not exactly sure on the numbers, but I know it's in the hundreds of millions of dollars. Their country would take a steep dive without those funds. And with everyone bashing my country for the way we've been dealing with the french as of late, look at it from another angle: How many times has our government pardoned the debt of the french to the US??? Several. How many times has France excused our debt to them? NOT ONCE.

As far as what lightning had to say about not burning oil wells: Do you understand the ecological damage caused by Saddam ordering the burning of Kuwaiti wells??? The US is not going to control the new government in Iraq. It would be nice to pay 25 cents per gallon of gas, but it's not gonna happen. If you want to go after Bush for trying to make money on oil, then go after Bill Gates for trying to make money on technology. By any one person have multiple billions of dollars there are that many dollars taken out of circulation, which causes the treasury to print more money, which causes inflation and makes my money and your money worth less. So please don't focus solely on one person for their personal gains if you're not going to look at the big picture on that situation.

Kyrian: If you'd pay attention you'd see that Russia and Germany have joined the USA in our effort. I'm extremely unimpressed with the actions of the UN and the clear lack of fulfillment of its purpose. There is proof that Saddam has in no way attempted to disarm. The finding of the Al-Samud (sp.) missiles was just a ploy to stall the inevitable.

I hope I'm not viewed as some crazy war-mongor. I am as much for peace as anyone else, but there are steps to be taken before peace is a legitimate option. I stand behind the President and believe in his plan. I hope that this is a quick and decisive war, and casualties of the innocent and all troops are minimal. Let's all do whatever we are called upon to do and make the world a safer place for everyone to live.

-Matt Brazil

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
I've stated this in other places... if i thought the war would actually accomplish anything i might step down from my point that peace is better and let the world go on around me, but the government doesn't belive that this regime change is going to bring about democracy either. If i had more time i'd go find the report... since i don't, i would encourage you to look at it.

I was aware about germany already, thanks. Didn;t know about russia yet, but i also know spain is standing behind the US and i knew about france's statement. I don't think France knows any more than us btw. But we arn't going to prove that on either side.

The point being, it's not going to be a clean war or accomplish what it's supposed to, that beyond what's going on in the US. They're interviewing all Iraqi's.... japanese americans in world war II anyone? We arn't quite there (unless you count december, but as far as i know that has been rectified for the moment)and there are already hate crimes starting against the french in addition to middle eastern and indian people? No matter what else you want to argue, you can't tell me hate crimes are acceptable or a good start to anything.

But no one has proven beyond the shadow of a doubt yet that this war will come onto our soil, kill european civilians, or result in detainment camps again. So I guess everything else doesn't matter eh?

*Kyri is now going to do her best to focus on happier things, and also more nescessary things like her final tommorow*

Oh, btw.... (I'm really going after this one) Lightning's comment was about him mentioning don't burn the oil wells before don't use weapons of mass destruction. I could be wrong, but per my understanding weapons of mass destruction generally have worse ecological effects than burning oil wells.

*went back to check* If that was Lightning it was on a different thread. My mix up. Someone on this board said it though. And it is sort of disturbing. Further point: Bush didn't sound too concerned about the ecology... "a source of wealth for the iraqi people"

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Two other thoughts: Just because governments are supporting the US to keep from getting attacked or having aid taken away from them doens't mean anything nesc. Second, they are governments, not people. Third, a whole bunch of wrongs doens't mean anything. fourth, the UN weapons inspectors found mostly compliance and weren't allowed to finish their job. That was all thought #1.

second thought. it doesn't matter too much whether or not we have military support, seeing as how our military is bigger than (last i checked and this was peacetime) the next seven nations combined. And the fourth is Israel, which is definetly our ally. All support does is cause more oppurtunity for mix ups and more dead people from other countries instead of our own-- plus it delays the draft, and a draft might be a good wake-up call for the US, it needs something anyway.

third thought that i just thought of: Why are you so upset about iraq and only iraq's dictator al of the sudden? there's plenty of other bad people out there, and it's not like we didn't put Saddam in power and won't install another dictator after he's gone.

To the HoP geral public:

I'm sorry i went off on a giant spiral tangent that probably won't accompomplish anything useful.

Peace & Love for all,
Kyri

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
It's kinda funny that even though Germany,China and Russia were all with France on the anti-war stance,France is the only one we are unwilling to forgive.

It is truly disgusting when I have to hear people I work with spew forth such crap like "maybe we should accidently drop a nuke on the Eiffel Tower while we are at it".

As for all the things we do for France, being that we are so concerned with the "what have you done for me lately?", would the U.S.A. even exist had it not been for French assistance during the Revolutionary War? Has France not been our ally up to this point?

Just because their gov't didn't agree with our gov't that justifies throwing away a relationship that is 200 years old?

DecaturSILVER Member
6 posts

Posted:
Kyri- A few points back to ya.

The only reason I speak so much about Saddam is simply because of its pertinence at the present time.

I don't know if you heard the speech by teh British Priminister to Parliament, but it was reminiscent of Winston Churchill. Afterwards a vote was taken and there was a 60% - 70% support for war.

As for it being a clean war, there is no such thing, period.

Interviewing Iraqi's: It may be 'racial profiling', but it's also covering our own asses and keeping tabs on them and their intentions in America. Also, you never know what kind of information we may get from exiles that might prove useful.

Hate Crimes: I do not condone any crimes of hate, nor crime in general. Those crimes are caused by ignorant people who don't have anything better to do and I hope that they are caught and prosecuted to the fullest extent. Hate breeds hate and nothing positive is acheived by such actions.

Bush's concern for environment: The quote about a source of wealth is 100% true. Iraq is a desert on top of oil. With current technology oil is a must have commodity, heance the term 'black gold'. If they set the rigs on fire they are further pushing the state of the nation's wealth back by leaps and bounds.

UN Success: Iraq was doing everything to block the UN. All interviews were either monitored by Iraq by sending military officials in with scientists or taping a mic to them to be able to listen. Furthermore, what happened to all the weapons Iraq was known to be in possession of in previous years??? They didn't vanish into thin air, as suggested by the Government of Iraq. I don't blame the UN for failing. I blame the UN for not stepping up and truly uniting to confront the regime and demand compliance. The bickering over 1441 and any new resolutions is just enabling Iraq to avoid weapons from being detected. And, I'm sure you've herad this, but it really is like trying to find weapons hidden in California. It's a huge area with millions of hiding spots.

Saddam Hussein: I'm not sure if our country had any direct or indirect influence on Saddam coming to power. He was living in exile after being a part of an unsuccessful assassination attempt on the residing leader in 1958. When the Baath party (Hussein's political party) returned to power in 1963 he re-entered Iraq only to be jailed by a new regime a few months later. The Baath party was once again in power after a coup in July 1968. Saddam worked his way up the ladder of the government and served as a member of the Revolutionary Command Council. He was the driving power behind the president at the time and gained the position of president in 1979. So as far as I see it, we had no major effect on his rise to power.

Kyri- I appreciaye your comments and respect you for your opinions. I disagree with those who choose to remain in the dark on the issues and not care either way. You're a very intelligent person and definitely the type of person who I'd love to sit down and talk to. Thank you for expressing your side of the issues and please continue to stand up for what you believe in. You have a certain power with your words and I have nothing but respect for you.

-M@TT

[ 20. March 2003, 14:22: Message edited by: Decatur ]

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Thx for the kind words, it's nice to debate with someone who doesn't take it personally. I'm leaving for chicago tommorow morning early, but when i get some time I will go back through and reply to you either here or by pm as i think fit.

Peace & Love, Kyri

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
https://www.freeopendiary.com/entryview.asp?authorcode=A729495&entry=10106

This is a link to my online diary entry about the war.I didn't feel like retyping it or doing copy paste of the whole thing...mostly because I wanted people to read my diary on other stuff I already have and stuff.Nobody ever visits my diary xept for a few friends.

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
evidently, all is not forgiven with the french..they have seized our mcdonalds

sad day indeed

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

DaiTenshimember
104 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by WessexGirl:
I note he didn't say 'aimed', aiming being a weak point for the USA!

We're hardly bad shots, thank you very much. If the rest of the world fired half as many weapons as we did I'm sure we'd here about British **** ups or German/French/Japanese/Korean **** ups too. Don't think for a second that anyone has the kind of "put it where we want it" power that the US has.

Just commenting on US military technology and training.

No one knows me like I do.

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by MisStix:

I've just watched the 9pm and 10pm news... I think I need a hug
Well I may be a bit late but here you go anyway ...