Forums > Social Discussion > Random War Thought of the Day.

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Rather than get into yet another heated debate I'm finding myself getting caught up by little thoughts of the day that I find interesting.

Yesterday I thought: How many 'democracies' are involved in this conflict that have huge anti-war sentiments among their people and what does that say about democracy? (Not the US, we're all for it by opinion polls but so many others.)

My random thought for today was being utterly bothered by the American media using the word 'blitzkrieg' to describe the impending US ground advance. BLITZKRIEG?! Will our tanks be sporting those cool swastika flags as well?! Will we be naming our POW camp 'Auschwitz'? Well, I know there's enough people out there calling Bush "Hitler" so maybe...

So what's your random, Seinfeldian, insignificant observation about this predicament? (No deep political posts, only small insignificant rants please!)

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
According to Ulla Sandbaek, the Iraqis hate America because we supplied Saddam with weapons, especially with chemical weapons. This is part of the Left's Anti-American mythology.

A recent study by a Swedish group documents that Saddam was armed primarily by Germany, France, Russia, and China. The U.S. and U.K. supplied something like 1% each to his armory. Our battlefield experience in 1990/91, and the current operations as well, support these findings; the Iraqis have used virtually no U.S./U.K weaponry.

Moreover, the EU countries, along with Russia and China, have been the primary suppliers of the "dual use" materials and technologies that Saddam used to create his chemical/biological weapons, and attempted to create nuclear weapons. The delivery systems, Scud missiles, 122 mm rockets etc., were also supplied by our "morally superior" friends in Eurasia.

So, if the Iraqis hate the U.S/U.K. because of our relatively miniscule contributions to Saddams military, about 2% total, just imagine how much they must hate those who provided the other 98%, then pulled out the stops trying to prevent his overthrow.

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
According to Ulla Sandbaek, the Iraqis hate America because we supplied Saddam with weapons, especially with chemical weapons. This is part of the Left's Anti-American mythology.

A recent study by a Swedish group documents that Saddam was armed primarily by Germany, France, Russia, and China. The U.S. and U.K. supplied something like 1% each to his armory. Our battlefield experience in 1990/91, and the current operations as well, support these findings; the Iraqis have used virtually no U.S./U.K weaponry.

Moreover, the EU countries, along with Russia and China, have been the primary suppliers of the "dual use" materials and technologies that Saddam used to create his chemical/biological weapons, and attempted to create nuclear weapons. The delivery systems, Scud missiles, 122 mm rockets etc., were also supplied by our "morally superior" friends in Eurasia.

So, if the Iraqis hate the U.S/U.K. because of our relatively miniscule contributions to Saddams military, about 2% total, just imagine how much they must hate those who provided the other 98%, then pulled out the stops trying to prevent his overthrow.

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

Page: