Forums > Help! > forward weave behind the back!

Login/Join to Participate

alexpchinmember
31 posts

Posted:
Any clues? coz i aint getting this one at all!

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Hmmm... don't know if it'll help ya at all- i'm not too good at explaining stuff with just words, but this is pretty much how i learned it.

1)Spin normally, with forward circles, and then kind of drop your hands behind your waist, palms facing up. This gives the feel of spinning behind your back.

2)Work out from there what your hands are going to do. ie 2 beats on your left- left poi then right poi. Left hand then comes over the right arm, and you do 3 beats (left poi, right poi, left poi) on your right hand side. Right hand over left arm, and do 3 beats (right poi, left poi, right poi) on left hand side.
Sorry- i don't know if that makes sense. Try it without your poi at first if it makes it easier.

3)Get this image in your mind of what your body should be doing- almost like a video in your head. Shut your eyes (big fan of this) and watch this 'video' in your head, imagining with it the moves your body should be making.

4)Then try it with just one poi (i found it hard to get them to swing straight at first). ie with right poi- 2 beats on the left and 1 on the right.
Then try it with the other poi.

5)When you can do this, try doing it with both poi, remembering the 'video' in your head, and what your body should be doing.

You will probably hit your knees a lot at first (i had lovely bruises!), but stick with it and it will happen.
Hope i have been of SOME use, and i havn't just confused you further.
Good luck with it- its a move i like!
--------------------------------------------------
It used to seem to me that my life ran on too fast, and i had to take it slowly just to make the good parts last. But when you're born to run its so hard to just slow down.

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Oops, sorry alex.
I just realised i said left arm OVER right arm (in point 2). I actually meant left arm UNDER right arm (sort of inbetween right arm and your body).
Sorry, and hope i havn't confused you.
happy spinning!

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
u could always use your edit button and edit yourpost mand. just edit point 2 then it will make sense.

pavementmember
121 posts

Posted:
THe most useful thing i found to get all the btb moves was to set up a video camera behind my back and watch it as i learned... Helped me no end...........