BigBilliemember
59 posts

Posted:
I know this probably sounds like a lame reason for posting, but I have recently done my first EVER poi burn!! It went really really well but i was just wondering if anyone could give me any tips on cleaning the damn things!!
I'd really appreciate any help!
thanks!
x

Neither fire nor wind, birth nor death can erase our good deeds.

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
cleaning?

once you use them, theyll always be sooty and leave marks. i wasnt aware you could clean them.

i wrap mine up in cotton then plastic so they dont smear black stuff everywhere.

does that help?

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
In cleaning your body up exfoliating gloves are good to get soot off hands. Cheapo from supermarkets.

We scrubbed a friends poi prior to her flying out and its made the kevlar start to unravel so dont try that. Seen one chap store his staff in a plastic tube with screw ends that kept all clean and my poi are in a tin with a lid that doubles as a container to soak the wicks in.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

BigBilliemember
59 posts

Posted:
cheers guys! thanks for the help!

Neither fire nor wind, birth nor death can erase our good deeds.

dj_gooseSunburnt Bournda Beach Bum
157 posts

Posted:
u can get the soot off your body really easily by rubbing some butter on it and then simply washing it off *works a treat*. As for clothes i don't really know how to get them totally clean again, and most of my old and daggies are sooty now, s if neone knows a cheap trick to clean them that would be super

cheers

Look to the moon, look to the stars, and if you still can't find happyness...find a bar!!!

Shivian member
31 posts

Posted:
I take my handles off my poi then drop the head & chain (both sooty) into a ziplock bag then drop THAT bag into ANOTHER ziplock bag and poof all clean :-) I do it with both poi and keep them in my "poi bag" along with my LED and Pratice heads / chains!

But I don't want to go among mad people, Alice remarked.
Oh, you can't help that, said the Cheshire Cat: we're all mad here.

--Alice in Wonderland

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
You get some fuels that burn a lot cleaner than others, but the flames tend to be a bit pathetic.

let your wicks enjoy not being a virgin any more.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

the_sealmember
51 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by dj_goose:
u can get the soot off your body really easily by rubbing some butter on it and then simply washing it off *works a treat*.
Thats sounds a little too kinky

By embodying a nolstalgia for the past in new materials we retard an acceptance of the present and by extension, the future, because the future is in the present
-Guerilla Television, 1971