Forums > Help! > Newbie asking for help

Login/Join to Participate

LUMUmember
3 posts

Posted:
Hey,
This is going to have to be really short Im afriad cause Im at work and shouldnt be on the internet.
I started Poi a couple of weeks back, and Im having real troubles getting better. Ive got the instruction dvd from here, and although it helps, it can only do some much, as I cant watch it in the same place as Im spinning.
So what Im asking is if anybody knows of a teacher in my area (Manchester UK) Im sort of thinking that a couple of hints on mastering the basics would help me out to know what Im doing wrong.
Any help would be much appreciated.
M

dream as if you'll live forever,Live as if you'll die tomorrow

Angel_Xpressmember
55 posts

Posted:
Hi Lumu

Welcome to HOP, if you are not busy on 14th September Manchester is going to have it's 1st PIP.

Check "Manchester/Cheshire" Thread for details.

I'm in work to and i've been on the internet most of the day. oh aren't i naughty.

I am an Angel

Djnnmember
79 posts

Posted:
you are you own greatest teacher
if you want my advice spin alone or with a friend
I'm not saying that you shouldn't rely on someone to teach you but I find that the basics are what you can learn on your own...if you do the more power to you, just pratice alot and enjoy

and the times that I find you learn the most are when your dancing in sunrises or sunsets

--------------------------
the Pheonix will rise if you need it to

shanthi,
Djinn

tennisBRONZE Member
confused and abused
363 posts

Posted:
I'll teach you what i know if you head over to Wilmslow on sat/sun (can't remember Note to self:check the day )

My cat's breath smells like catfood

AtomSILVER Member
57 posts

Posted:
PERSONAL EXPERIENCE:
let go of your senses, feel the flow inside you, eventually, you won't think about it, and you won't need yur eyes

F I R E F I R E F I R E F I R E F I R E
F I R E F I R E F I R E F I R E F I R E