Forums > Help! > Pink eye from fuel?

Login/Join to Participate

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
OUCH.
I woke up this morning and wearily opened my....EYE...
I couldnt open the other one...twas stuck together with yucky stuff...
I was twirling last night and I remember that I was rubbing my eye heaps...
Now Im not too sure as to wether or not I have con-junkie-itis or this is yuckyness from the fuel??? hmmmmm
what is con-junkie-itis like?
so sad I have been so sick I think my poor body is getting run down....

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

LuxBRONZE Member
71 posts

Posted:
poor you! conjunctivitus can happen when your run down, or just an eye infection (i think) but when i get it i get LOADS of eye gunk and it can be itchy and red. Though rubbing fuel in your eye could quite easily do the same thing *winces* you'll be able to get an eye bath from your local chemist it'll clear up quickly and an eye bath feels like the best thing!

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
touching the eyes and face frequently can lead to infection, especial when in a public place. That was one of the ways sars was getting spread around, people touching their eyes, nose, mouth, etc... The eyes have mucus membranes and ducts that lead into your sinuses and mouth...just ask anybody that can shoot beer (or milk)out their eye...

I try to wipe my eyes with body parts or clothing that has not come into contact with "possible contaminates" wether biological or chemical.

I have gotten hit by droplets of fuel in the eye on two different occations it hurts. It is possible the fuel may have contributed to your problem, but you had better go see the local witch doctor and get yourself checked out.... wouldn't want to lose an eye

get well soon

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
In general, PAINFUL inflammation of the eye is BAD NEWS and needs to be seen by the doctor immediately. Particularly worrisome symptoms would be loss of vision or decrease in vision or 'photophobia', meaning that you're bothered by light.

Painless inflammation is probably conjunctivitis or episcleritis. Conjunctivitis is caused by a virus and goes away on its own. Just wash your hands a lot.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
my eye seems to be getting quite a bit better... still red but not as much yucky stuff...
Im so glad that I can get opinions on this from you guys...and lightening will forever be grateful for your advise (and years in med school)

I rang my Dad last night (who used to be an ambo and is now in the surgical team here at one of the hospitals) and whinged about how yucky my eye was and blah blah blah... he told me some special tricks that has made it better...saline is a saviour... I used that to wash my owie eye...
Thanks my lil friends

Non-Https Image Link

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"