Forums > Help! > Instructions Wanted....

Login/Join to Participate

Necrusmember
113 posts

Posted:
Well,being a newbie makes feel like asking for instructions......fire instructions!!!

I want to light up my poi for the first time and I've many reasons of being anxious about it...
I know what kind of fuel to use(Greek Parafine)but I don't know how to put the fuel on the wicks so that I can fire it up...Actually,I'm also afraid of burning my hair ,but I'll just have to wet them and tie them up...I'd appreciate any kind of advice and information,even the most simple...it'll be my first time and I don't want it to be....injuring

Thanks to anyone who minds giving me a hand of aid...

Metal Rulezzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!

Flower fairyBRONZE Member
98 posts

Posted:
OOOOOOOOOOOH and Dont forget to have a friend there to act as a safety (THIS IS ESSENTIAL!!!)
with a fire blanket( or a thick woolen one ie. army blanket) and a bucket of water.
There are other things too so have a peep at the the fire safety section and do a search on it too before you start

Happy burnin

some people take a walk in the rain and others just get wet

Smiling is infectious. Please pass this on.

DeimosBRONZE Member
Cinnamon Girl
191 posts

Posted:
Whenever you're burning, it is also essential to choose the right clothing. There a section on it here, but to sum it up it basically says that all natural fibers are the best since synthetic ones could melt to your skin and cause reeeeally bad burns! So tight(er) fitting non synthetic clothes, like jeans and a t-shirt.

P*L*U*R

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Um, Diemes.

Natural fibres of a loose weave are just as dangerous, they can catch light almost instantly and engulf you in flames.

Jeans are also dangerous if there are any rips or tears in them (ie loose weaves)

PLEASE DON'T SUM UP SAFETY INFORMATIION, you could be entirely responsible for someones death!

Better to provide a link so the information can be digested in full...

Fire Safety FAQ
Fire Clothing FAQ

Fuel FAQ

MSDS FAQ

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?