psychomonkeymember
148 posts

Posted:
I thought UBB did that anyway.-PSM

One can only see what one observes, and one observes only things which are already in the mind.-Alphonse Bertillon

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
This can only happen to those who are unregistered as Diana is...correct? Those of us who are registered automatically come up due to the passwordy program thing, or am I mistaken?Was there anything said that needs to be corrected? I really respect Diana alot, as I imagine several people do (which is probably why someone tried to pass themselves off as her...a double edged compliment), but was thier any misinformation that was passed along under Diana's name that needs to be clarified?It really sucks that people feel so unimportant in their identities that they must steal someone else's. frownThanks for the heads up Malcolm.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
dear Malcolm, i just want to do that you might want to be careful of what you say about gas-bags smile and be aware that you are halfway through to 100 posts yourself wink - what was that? you are the administrator? what a lousy excuse Malcolm ts ts ts grin well i could live with the major gas-bag label i suppose - on the other hand i could register again and start from scratch because after the 100 posts milestone (!!!) it's not such fun anymore wink !!!happy swinging,Simos

smittymember
104 posts

Posted:
is it posible for diana to register and just not put in any details? that way no one can still contact or do anything, or can they? but if she doesnt want to then that ip thing is probaly the best thing to dojust an idea[This message has been edited by smitty (edited 02 February 2001).]

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
This should confuse 1 or 2 people smile

Meh

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Well, Malcolm...

People with over 100 posts are "Gas Bags" eh?

*crossing arms and tapping foot*

ubblol

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Me too biggrin

Meh

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Written by:

This will only effect those that are dishonest. This IP address will ultimately protect and safeguard your identity

Considering a lot of people on the net now use broadband and connections which are transparently proxied/cached, is recording IP addresses for web pages really that effective? There's far better/more reliable ways to track users on the net

All you can really do with an IP is tell if the country is correct, and that'll only catch out people trying to be malicious who don't know about using proxies in other countries to route their connection