star_industrymember
2 posts

Posted:
Although i enjoy getting bashed in the head and tangling myself up alot i do need a lil bit of direction and help.........its all well and good having courses in london, but what about up here in Manchester?

If anyone knows anywhere in the northwest that do poi lessons/tutoring or events please reply to this post

thanx

Peace n' love

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
alot of ppl make tenis ball practise poi etc, ive found that a shot glass of perl barely in a loose fabic bag is good as it doesnt hurt so much when you do bash yourself in the face. ive found the free lessons here on hop are good (thats how i learnt most about poi)

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
Hello mate,

There is a "poi in the park" in huddersfield on (I believe) the 19th. Check out the thread in the events section.

Tempest, myself and I think NYC will be there, and we should be able to help you loads.

And we've got HUGE firetoys to play with

Jo.

PS. get in touch with Tempest for directions etc.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

Jezaddict
642 posts

Posted:
You could also try the meet others section at the top as it also has a box to help you find people who are willing to teach in your area.

'Happiness is liking peeing on yourself. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.'

'If *I* had a hammer, there'd be no more folk singers.'

Polifeciomember
27 posts

Posted:
Hey, listes wat really helped me a lot is to watch other people and focus on their hands, then you undestand the movement and practice a lot, based on what you saw
Cheers

THE BEAM WILL BE WITH YOU... ALWAYS

bellsmember
35 posts

Posted:
ok, this makes about 5 of us in the manchester area wanting to poi and practice so lets do it and learn off eachother.

i'm away for the next 6 weeks but well up to plan a poi in the park in manchester then... otherwise, put a thread on the events and i'm sure everyone in manchester / cheshire will see it.

Doesnt seem to be any lessons up here (too far north of watford y'know!) but I've heard via hop there is juggling club at manchester uni which i'll be going to in a few weeks.

There's is so enough of us to get soemthing happening. count me in

*****those who bring sunshine into the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves....******

igimember
15 posts

Posted:
hell yeah - i would be up for a manchester/cheshire area poin in the park type thing =- and i have a couple of mates in liverpool that would probably join in too....

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives.</i]

bellsmember
35 posts

Posted:

who in mancy/ cheshire would be up for a bif of poi THIS sunday????? anyone, anyone??? ideas of place? i only know of nice open spaces in cheshire.

cuuummoooooon, lets get the ball flying!

*****those who bring sunshine into the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves....******

igimember
15 posts

Posted:
shame - i would have been but have a major family party on sunday.....

where in cheshire to you poi? So far i have done most of my poi in a park in liverpool or at mates houses.....

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives.</i]

bellsmember
35 posts

Posted:
just at local park - its a biiiig one in wilmslow, the carrs. Loads of space, river, trees and all that nature stuff! well, keep eyes out and hopefully by the time i get back on aug bank holiday there will be loads going on up here! if not, watch out coz I'm on a mission to get soemthing happening!

are we all getting excited coz its hot and sunny and perfect poi time? please tell me we'll all be eager beavers as the nights draw in and we are wearing dodgy rollneck jumpers drinking boozy hotchocolate......

igimember
15 posts

Posted:
ok - we should definitely meet up if you poi in the carrs park (love that name - heheh)- i live in wilmslow too....i can feel some wilmslow poi coming on

star_industrymember
2 posts

Posted:
I LIVE IN MACCLESFIELD NEXT TO WILMSLOW.......COUNT ME IN AND YEA POI IN MANCHESTER A DEFINETE MUST!!!!

Peace n' love

bellsmember
35 posts

Posted:
LOVIN IT -- LETS USE CAPITALS COZ WE ACTUALLY are EXCITED!!!! i wont be online for a few weeks but don't forget about me, or DO drop me a mail if anyone is up for poi in mancy land! WAAAAAAAHHHEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! I can feeeeeel it happening!!!