Forums > Help! > Breathing with Vegetable/Cottonseed Oil?

Login/Join to Participate

Aishmember
38 posts

Posted:
Is it possible to breathe fire using vegetable or cottonseed oil? If not, are there any edible fuels out there?

Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire. W. B. Yeats

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Yes you can do it. It's important to heat up the oil as hot as you can (as hot as it can be without burning your mouth) This thins it out.

Also, it requires a much larger torch then kerosene fire breathing to get a good result. a staff sized wick is good. I never tried cottonseed but sunflower seemed to be the best type of oil. But if cottonseed is thinner then sunflower it should be better. It will give you a pretty small flame, although with practice you can get reasonable sized fireballs with it, but it won't compare to kerosene.

Another relativly safe (toxicity wise) fuel is bio disesal. Just make sure the stuff you use is clean, as they put some nasty shit in some of it.

if you do a search you can find more info on it.

also here are pictures of me fire breathing with canola oil https://only-viewable-at.homeofpoi.com/mycgi/album.cgi?album=astarsue

and can compare it to pictures of me breathing with kero here https://only-viewable-at.homeofpoi.com/mycgi/album.cgi?album=astar

PS-Make sure you read everything you can about fire breathing before you try it.

Aishmember
38 posts

Posted:
Where do I get CLEAN biodiesel? And if I use it, what do I do afterwards, wash my mouth out. From what I gather swallowing the stuff can be dangerous! Is there a step by step procedure to fire breathing? Because I havent seen any.

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
I have no idea where you can get the clean stuff. The stuff that isn't clean I wouldn't put in your mouth, period. The clean stuff is pretty much non-toxic, but it will still kill you if you have a fire breathing accident.

I highly suggest you use the search function on this page to find your own info, and read the articles on fire breathing on this page.

Aishmember
38 posts

Posted:
I read TONS on fire breathing! I'm looking for something that isnt toxic which would preferably be edible. I gathered sunflower oil, cottonseed oil and canola oil are edible alternatives. Any others? The reason why I'd prefer something edible is for the obvious reason that if I swallow it It won't get me sick. I dont mind if the plume isnt as big since I'm starting off anyway, and it's DEFINATELY gonna take some time til I can put KEROSENE in my mouth!

Davedrummer

Non-Https Image Link

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
then use biodiesal. Just make sure it doesn't have poison in it.