Forums > Help! > The ultimate in random and utterly non poi.staff related questions.

Login/Join to Participate

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
right ..this is TOTALLY off topic to anything related to the website, but have you come to know me my nothing else?

I was just wondering if it would be at all possible to install a TV in the bathroom so i can watch TV in teh bath..

i was thinking on a shelf screwed to the wall..

obviously the steam will be a problem getting into the telly..

anyone got any suggestions on how to do this?

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
then theres the question of sound...

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Simple really, install it a room adjoining the bathroom, with a viewing window so you can see it from the bath. That solves all of the moisture/wiring/heat problems from the bathroom proper.

Sound is the easiest issue...turn up the tv really loud, or buy a radio that can tune into TV stations, and tune it to the station you want to watch. Or get a baby monitor style set up. Or a cheap intercom system and tape the button down. or... or...

Of course, you will have to buy a little bottle of ant-fog to coat the viewing window with. And it might be prudent to make the viewing window one-way glass so people don't look in on you, or any other occupants.

And don't forget the bath pillow with the suction cups on it, as your neck will get quite sore unless you have the tv at the perfect angle.

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
You can get waterproof speakers, so that'd solve the sound problem. Fishtank sealed with putty around holes for the wires would probably be easiest.

You'd also need a fancy bath that kept itself heated to a certain temperature (or just but a candle or 2 under the bath) because it you were watching a film the water would go cold.

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
Hey theyve developed water proof computers for the deep sea diver dudes so I think waterproofed TV's will be too...

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
They've actually invented a TV specially designed for the bathroom.
It's all sealed so water doesn't effect it and even has a heated screen so the screen doesn't mist up

Costs about £2000 though...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
my gran used to have a bath tub in the living room.
that was in the days before telly.

"they" have got a lot to answer for nowdays

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
perhaps you could install several large mirrors to reflect the TV image through the bathroom door from its current position...
for sound....just turn the volume up...

you'll probably need a pair of binoculers to get a close image from that far though...

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

coza-Why-
126 posts

Posted:
We have one @ home, got it from a company called Bathroom TV (see link below) just dont intentionally pour water on it. lol

Bathroom tv

If money is the root of all evil, then why do people sell Bibles?