Forums > Help! > oral piercings and firebreathing?

Login/Join to Participate

Dark Pixiemember
47 posts

Posted:
This is just a question- One of my friends is being taught to firebreathe. However, she wants to get either a labret or a tongue piercing.
Would the piercing interfere with the fire?

Roman candles that burn in the night, yeah you are a shining light

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
good topic, its been discussed before though, a search would have bought this up.

if she is getting fresh piercings then i would not recomend her fire breathing for at least a month to make sure that the piercings heal fully.
she will be prone to infections and could cause servere infections due to intoxicating carcenogenic fuel due to having open oral wounds.
piercings need to fully heal before any type chemical can be put in to the mouth, piercings are allways open wounds, they never heal fully to an extent so this means that there is a direct route for toxins to enter the blood stream, more so from a tongue piercing.
how ever, once she has had them done, which ever she chooses, they will not affect the way she fire breathes.
the only problems i have had is fire eating, this solely because of the large guage (2ga) bar i have through my tongue.

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
2 gauge? Wow.

G star 72BRONZE Member
13 posts

Posted:
Hi guys, just a little one to say that my brother breathes fire and also has his tongue done and he has never had a prob.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Astar:
2 gauge? Wow.
my 0ga just wont quite pop through yet, only been waiting 3 years to get the new one in, might just have to scalpull [sp?] it in.

brainstormaBRONZE Member
old hand
1,184 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Trait Of 1112™:
quote:
Originally posted by Astar:
2 gauge? Wow.
my 0ga just wont quite pop through yet, only been waiting 3 years to get the new one in, might just have to scalpull [sp?] it in.

might have to get a strecher for that one scaple could be a little bit tricky with all those little vains in the toung

mind my peircer is thretening to scaple my right ear cause it want strech to a 00ga

and i know your story mista pk you just want to be able to stick your thumb or fingers through the hole in your tounge

TDH:
pk is right the only real trouble is with new peircing and waiting for them to heal

also if your friend is not already using it (and has no objection to the use of it id sugest the use of animal fat to coat teh inside of her mouth to protect it from the petrochems (but same as pk siad only after it has healed

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, and screaming "WOO-HOO What a ride!"

ovechckaSILVER Member
7 posts

Posted:
What about facial piercings in general? I have a lip and a bridge, would they heat up quickly and cause burns? I know my vertical labret would interfere with my ability to spit out liquid fast enough not to burn myself.

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
if in doubt, take them out for the performance...

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

ovechckaSILVER Member
7 posts

Posted:
well. thats true too. ubbloco

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
surely if you took them out it would leave the hole just as open unless you did it a while before so it healed up, but then you'd have to do it again? I may be very wrong, so feel free to ignore me.

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

ovechckaSILVER Member
7 posts

Posted:
I've had mine for about 3 years now.
I was just saying that having a vertical labret hinders my ability to spit in a straight line. The stream just splits down the middle. biggrin
Also, Im not sure how fast they will heat up and burn the inside of the piercing.

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
I was referring to the question about piercings getting hot and causing burns, yoni tongue

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half