Forums > Help! > changing hands @ butterfly & left/right hand btfl...

Login/Join to Participate

Red_RaveNGOLD Member
Neo - Hippie
358 posts

Posted:
thiz may sound weird but question:
In a butterfly there is always one hand a little higher & in front... how to get the other hand higher & front without any big trix like giant btfl or anything... I want to make a one hand btfl w. my right hand then one hand btfl w. my left hand and i need to change hands in the beat between cos I kinda can´t change to the left btfl with my left hand lower than my right...

Smile.. It confuses people..:)

Wonders never cease as long as you never cease to wonder.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
hello
can you spin a ttn (thread the needle)?
(if not, see the lesson).

you'll notice that you thread left hand over right then back to normal butterfly.

all you have to do is freeze your hand positions after the first 'half' of the move, leaving your left hand on top

its more of a weird timing thing.
butterflies need subtle timing to get the planes crossing nice and close which gives the illusion of them spinning in the same circle in opposite directions.
in reality the planes meet in a very slight V and one poi is fractionally in front of the other.
to get it with your other hand on top, there's a tricky change of timing...

good luck

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Red_RaveNGOLD Member
Neo - Hippie
358 posts

Posted:
quote:
all you have to do is freeze your hand positions after the first 'half' of the move, leaving your left hand on top

yay works: o ) but ttn is still too big but nevamind I figured how to do it... just pull back the bottom hand a little, speed up for half a sec then raise the hand and move forward.. requres a little practice but worx: o ) thx anyway!

Smile.. It confuses people..:)

Wonders never cease as long as you never cease to wonder.