Forums > Social Chat > what did ya think of the lissjous-do pics?

Login/Join to Participate

neonninjamember
5 posts

Posted:
This is a farly newer style of the martial arts. Its combines flow and combat with weopons, weopon of choice the pro-chux which are in the pics. a lot different than poi due to the vast and infinate number of techniques possible. Whats your opinion on em so far?

tonemanmember
195 posts

Posted:
can't see your pic or link!

neonninjamember
5 posts

Posted:
Lissajous-do is a style , but the pro-chux are made just for this style. they were made to keep up with the techniques and speed and flow of lissajous-do. ask anyone who swings these , there the best nun-chux. in the style lissajous-do we use blacklights and other tools to make the patterns ,or "ratios",around the body. it looks sweet so i love it , learn lissajous-do and you can pic up anything , and i mean anything and it is a beautiful flow of a weapon, or in this case show.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Those chucks leave a lot to be desired. Perhaps they are better for doing a particular style of form, but for application and self-defense, I dont see how you can do without the chain / rope length in the middle.Josh

neonninjamember
5 posts

Posted:
chain chux im sory to say suck. they have no balance , are bulky , and are slow. the chain messes with the flow.its been provin that the pro-chuck vs. the chain chux and thai chux and all other long string chux are not as effective in combat as the pro chux.the pro-chuck has been clocked at the speed of over 120 miles an hour.the size isnt that much difference only bout 1 half inch in thickness in the wood. no control in chain chux. you can stop a pair of pro-chux on a dime, which means in combat you can change direction and get about 5 hits in, while using flow , before the chain chux or the long string chux can get one.proven fact in combat with padding.

neonninjamember
5 posts

Posted:
also for just plain use, just playin around. you can throws , hand rolls , finger rolls , wrist rolls all of which you cant do with traditional chux. you can do "inside moves" with ease.most chuck peeps only do a small figure 8 and abunch of cluching, and most peeps think thats what chux are all about. those moves on tv are waaaaaaaaaaaay to simple.most likely when using the traditional chux in combat you will wind up hitting yourself more than your oponent, lol which sux.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Well, big claims - I must say I'm interested.could you perhaps point me to a dojo listing?Josh

neonninjamember
5 posts

Posted:
if ya wanna talk more bout the lissjous-do system and learn more bout it you and send me an instant message at Robinko02.It is not a big style yet do to the fact that it isnt over ahundred years old like most styles.I go to karate arts here in jacksonville florida.We are a free style school so we have very open minds , hense why im here, poi is intresting , i just think with lissjous-do under your belt you can be better than you are now,even masters of poi.

neonninjamember
5 posts

Posted:
lol its lissajous-do i keep miss spelling it

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Sorry dude - no AIM here.I looked up the website; www.blackandbluevideos.com so I got a lot of background info on the style. sounds a bit like Fire twisters; https://www.jugglingwithatwist.fsnet.co.uk/
with a more theoretical basis.you might want to check it out?Josh

Insatiable fire-faerie (Angie)BRONZE Member
150 posts

Posted:
hooooooo heeeeeee haaaaaa ssooooooo aaahhhhhhh oooooooo chaaaaaahooooo!!!!!!!!as u can tell Im no martial arts expert...but hey Im shithot at the sound effects!! Angie x smile------------------"If you alway do what youve always done, youll always get what youve always got".....by 'someone wiser than me'

"You've got red on you!" Shaun of the Dead

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
Those are RAD pictures, I want some..

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

neonninjamember
5 posts

Posted:
there is a pretty good background on lissajous-do.lissjous was a french phycisist that found that if you take two tuning forks and placed them at right angels over a body of water that it made patterns, "ratios".my masters master, grand master roy , found that you can take these patterns run all over your body, and mapped out the bodys movments.so he invinted lissajous-do.He did the chux in blacklight at first as a training tool to see the ratios and to clean up your flow. lol peoples saw it and liked it so ever sense it has been a nice money maker. we use everything you do just in "ratios" which is what the system teaches.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Josh, I came up with something similar to them fire/glowstick twisters. Made them and took them to Headcharge in September and the swingers and spinners sneered at them.Didn't take any on Friday. I'll make some fancier ones and take them when i go to Planet Zogg in a few weeks. It's a different crowd so they might be better received.... here's hoping...------------------C@ntus

Meh

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
might be similar , which is cool, but the pro-chux are made in a certain way to maintain balance.but the main thing to learn is the lissajous-do system> the chux are just a tool.

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
Just stumbled upon some of this guys videos. I'm interested. I use a pair of heavy chain chucks for practice, so I understand how slow they can be. In addition I want to study the weight and balance changes made to them. I'd like to get my hands on a pair of these so-called "pro chux" but can't find anywhere to buy them. The blackandblue video e-store seems to be down so I have no idea if they are available there. Any ideas?

I'm intrigued by the style (enough so that I'm posting on HOP again smile ) and would like to learn a little more about their methods. Don't think I'm willing to shell out a hundred bucks or so for some DVD's though.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
errm pls - would you please share that link? The above don't work for me and if I'm looking for "unregistered anonymous"'es the search returns with infinite results wink

Hang on - "glowstick twisters"??? Hummmmmm... umm looks pretty nice, ey!

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink